• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

Grim_Night

Went to Sizzler on South Tacoma Way in Lakewood last night. My roommate and I sat at a table near the salad bar. A woman and I'm going to assume her husband sat behind us. I could hear the woman point out to her husband that I had a gun and she didn't like guns. Her husband quickly spoke up and said that he felt safer and that there was nothing wrong with it. She then told him that she just wouldn't look.

The meal went well from that point on except the fact that Sizzler doesn't actually serve soft serve ice cream. They serve some soy/coconut milk concoction that just didn't taste all that great. Had lots of great chicken wings and fresh salad though.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Good for you, Goldie. The Chipotle up here in Bellingham HAS asked me to disarm before entering. Guess how much delicious Chipotle food I eat?

Might be a good choice...

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/medic...ncy-probes-E-coli-cases-linked-to-6602750.php

An investigation was underway Saturday in an E. coli outbreak linked to Chipotle restaurants in Washington and Oregon, health officials said.
Three people in the Portland area and 19 people in Washington became sick after eating at the Mexican food chain since Oct. 14, the Oregon Health Authority said.
No deaths have been reported and eight people have been hospitalized.
"While the outbreak appears to be linked to food served at Chipotle restaurants, the food or other source of contamination hasn't yet been determined and remains under investigation," the Washington Department of Health said in a statement.

Schlepnier

So I was in walmart Friday night and they had the heaters on, something about winter or something like that, anyway it was darn hot in the store so I was OC.

I wasn't approached directly, but as I walked by an older couple I assume the wife was upset about my OC since I hear her husband say
"I think it's great, I wish more people would carry"

Helping find a cure for Hoplophobia one shopping trip at a time.

Latro

Been a while since I've posted, been a few places. (~all in Lakewood)
Target - never an issue, bump into fellow carriers sometimes
Walmart - no issues, see an OCer almost every time I'm in there
BK - no issues
Fred Meyers - no issues
Quantico Tactical - (obviously) no issues
Misc parks, walking around, no issues, officers never bat an eye
Grocery Outlet (tacoma) no issues
Walgreens - no issues
Haggens - 0 problems
Spoke with Lakewood Animal Control (wandering/lost dog), nothing, very nice officer

I'm kind of surprised, very very rarely will anyone mention my firearm, and if they do, it's something positive

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Been a while since I've posted, been a few places. (~all in Lakewood)
Target - never an issue, bump into fellow carriers sometimes
Walmart - no issues, see an OCer almost every time I'm in there
BK - no issues
Fred Meyers - no issues
Quantico Tactical - (obviously) no issues
Misc parks, walking around, no issues, officers never bat an eye
Grocery Outlet (tacoma) no issues
Walgreens - no issues
Haggens - 0 problems
Spoke with Lakewood Animal Control (wandering/lost dog), nothing, very nice officer

I'm kind of surprised, very very rarely will anyone mention my firearm, and if they do, it's something positive

As you can see I started this thread 6 years ago and for the most part there has been very little said. We can thank those that carried and normalized OC before us and those that have since....

Jeff Hayes

Your welcome, Jeff Hayes, MSG Lagaie, Sudden Valley Gunner, Gogodawgs, DEROS72, Squeak, Mainsail, BobR, Fetch just to name a few.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
As you can see I started this thread 6 years ago and for the most part there has been very little said. We can thank those that carried and normalized OC before us and those that have since....

Thank you gogo! I've gotten tired of posting to this thread because I've never had an issue in Thurston county. I occasionally post to keep it alive for the new people. Also a happy day after food coma day to all!
Also a fellow OCDORG member will be joining me at the Cabelas Gun counter. Welcome aboard (even though we can't carry at all :( )
All be safe fore the holidays!

Grim_Night

I have been out and about since 6 this morning. Ran over to Lowes in lakewood, Hobby Lobby, Big Lots, and Market Place. Had an elderly woman in with a cane and using one of those skooter things in Lowes. She looked me over as I passed by then challenged me to a race as she picked up her cane.

Went out to Walmart last night and an employee that was stocking stuff started asking me about suggestions for a personal carry/home defense firearm.

I'm surprised lately, nobody running in fear, no old ladies passing out, no children crying, all at the sight of my sidearm on my hip. :uhoh:

Schlepnier

I think I was insulted Friday night at my local wallmart.

'the door greater asked me if I was still carrying a glock >_< ...I carry a Taurus most of the time when I open carry.

EMNofSeattle

Thank you gogo! I've gotten tired of posting to this thread because I've never had an issue in Thurston county. I occasionally post to keep it alive for the new people. Also a happy day after food coma day to all!
Also a fellow OCDORG member will be joining me at the Cabelas Gun counter. Welcome aboard (even though we can't carry at all :( )
All be safe fore the holidays!

I'm kinda dissappointed really, even in King County I've had no problems openly carrying.
I mean for two years I've on and off again, openly carry a pistol and I've never been confronted by a police officer I will never become a YouTube celebrity at this rate

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I'm kinda dissappointed really, even in King County I've had no problems openly carrying.
I mean for two years I've on and off again, openly carry a pistol and I've never been confronted by a police officer I will never become a YouTube celebrity at this rate

You really do not want to experiment with new behavior when dealing with unknown LEOs and weapons. Some/most are good with it. Some think you are just looking for trouble. A very few will get very excited and someone may get injured. Do not seek that which you do not wish to find.

I kinda like quiet streets and Legally Armed Citizens. It is a calming influence.

EMNofSeattle

You really do not want to experiment with new behavior when dealing with unknown LEOs and weapons. Some/most are good with it. Some think you are just looking for trouble. A very few will get very excited and someone may get injured. Do not seek that which you do not wish to find.

I kinda like quiet streets and Legally Armed Citizens. It is a calming influence.

I was being Facetious

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Picked up a new AR from Federal Way Discount Guns last Tuesday afternoon. The parking lot was full, the store and range were jam packed. Lot's of 4473's being filled out. New AR is quietly at home now.

Also was in Ross, Total Wine, Sportsmans.....

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Picked up a new AR from Federal Way Discount Guns last Tuesday afternoon. The parking lot was full, the store and range were jam packed. Lot's of 4473's being filled out. New AR is quietly at home now.

Mind telling us the tariff for the AR?

I picked up a new Mossburg 12 for US175, yesterday, at a pawn shop. A little PGO I can keep in the vehicle.