• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

Tacitus42

When i went in after 50 days, asked the guy at the counter about the cpl taking so long and that the law says after 30 days,when he abrublty cut me off and snarled at me "I know what the law is and if you read farther down it says 30 day's AFTER the background check and we haven't done the background check get,we are doing it next week!" So obviously they are misinformed about the law.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
When i went in after 50 days, asked the guy at the counter about the cpl taking so long and that the law says after 30 days,when he abrublty cut me off and snarled at me "I know what the law is and if you read farther down it says 30 day's AFTER the background check and we haven't done the background check get,we are doing it next week!" So obviously they are misinformed about the law.

So if they do the background on the 12[SUP]th[/SUP] of Never, then they have 30 more days....and that's a long, long time.

The ignorance of some is amazing.

O_Kellogg

Tacitus42, your location says Tacoma.
Is there a particular reason you chose Thurston Co.?
Did the Thurston Sherrif's Office provide services that were clearly inferior to the services you recieved in Pierce Co.?
Do you believe you would have received a warmer reception in King Co. or Seattle?

On another topic, This thread is about OC, anyway...

OK

Last edited:

Tacitus42

Moved to Thurston Co. last year. Unless your from out of state you have to apply in the county you live in. Sorry bro but info on CPL applications are relevant on this board.

1245A Defender

Last edited by a moderator:

grylnsmn

Now that my permit arrived last week, I've started carrying again.

OCed around Puyallup this past weekend, including at Fred Meyer (where the cashier commented on it, and asked a lot of good questions), the Root Beer Store, Music & Arts, and Walmart.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
German Diner in Lacey
8910 Martin Way E, Lacey, WA 98516
Very pro 2A, I see the owners at Cabelas all the time at the gun counter where I work.
Hours:
Wednesday 11:30AM–2PM, 4:30–8:30PM
Thursday 11:30AM–2PM, 4:30–8:30PM
Friday 11:30AM–8:30PM
Saturday 11:30AM–8:30PM
Sunday Closed
Monday
(Memorial Day)
Closed
Tuesday 11:30AM–2PM, 4:30–8:30PM
Military discount.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Got my hair cut at Sports Cuts in Federal Way today, as I have for the past 5-6 years. The girls are great there....

Stopped by Don's Estate Jewelry & Coin Pawn Shop's new location at 34507 Pac Hwy S and browsed his selection of firearms.

He said he's turning them at a pretty high rate right now, with several new guns each week. He had a new Sig 220, new S&W .38 and a couple others. The store looks great and the prices are very good. We talked about open carry for a bit and I answered questions about OC that they had.

grylnsmn

I stopped in the Fred Meyer in Puyallup last night on my way home from work (sadly, I was unarmed at the time, because I was on my way home from work), and I saw a unicorn. I only got a quick glance, but it looked like he had a S&W M&P (couldn't guess the caliber) on his belt at about the 1:30 position.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
edit; A posting fo all those that OC/CC south of the city of Seattle to Olympia....nothing more nothing less....trying to make OC as normal and pleasant as anything else that is legal!

12/21 Twin Lakes Fred Meyer (Federal Way)...with 15yo daughter...never a problem, no one noticed. I was in the store about an hour, returned some clothing and bought groceries.

Well, 7 years later..... said 15yo daughter just graduated from Eastern Washington with 2 degrees Magna Cum Laude (criminal justice/psychology), I CC's into Spokane arena and OC'd on my way out. (Gov. Inslee was seated just 20 feet from me) and OC'd around spokane for the weekend, with no issues.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Out, and about in Lacey. Sports Authority (going out of business), Home Depot, Mail drop off place, and Safeway. I actually got three compliments.