• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

Munkey Butt

Oc'ed at Wholesale sports or whatever it is called (the old Sportmans Warehouse) in lacey. As i was leaving the kid at the register asked if i was carrying the Px4 storm and asked how i like it and if it was pretty accurate. He had a damn good eye as i was about 10 yards from him headed towards the exit.

Munkey Butt

until I get my CPL, I only carry the mag in the gun without a round chambered because of the fact that I have to get on and off buses all the time... not the best way to do it but honestly, it's the most legal way to do it without risking random arrests lol

I am in the same boat here, certain situations call for a change of game play but its a bit annoying to catch that ejected round every time you enter/exit your car or what have you.

-PJ

DamonK

Well, some of you fellers know my opinion on the "plastic" holsters will probably get a giggle out of this... I just baught a Serpa. I wanted a thigh rig, just for giggles and the serpa setup was the best option. Also liked that I can swap between my 1911, p226, and usp without having to buy an entire new rig. So there, I'm admitting that the plastic holsters have their place :D

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Grim_Night

OCd in lakewood with a couple local guys... not sure who their OCDO names are and I shouldn't use thier real names but it was nice chatting with a couple like minded people in the local area. Went to Bank of America, not a word said, headed off to Safeway and again nothing... did have a bit of a panic attack when I noticed somebody associated with my apartment at Safeway and I sure as hell didn't want her to see me with a gun so I made a hasty retreat to the back of the store where I proceeded to stalk her till she left the store lol...Went to the range today... Bullseye gave me free range time for buying my gun there and this is how I did... I think I did fairly good for my first time firing a handgun.

Headed downtown to the pierce transit 10th and commerce. OCd there for a bit taking in the nice weather we are having. finally decided to go wait for a bus to get home and while sitting there I started an idle conversation with a TPD officer. He knew I was carrying and we chatted about what I had and what he had and how he thought my gun was a nice choice. He walked off to go talk to one of the transet security officers then came back and nicely asked me for my name and such, didn't demand anything. I smiled and asked him why he needed it. He said that I wasn't in trouble and that this was just a friendly thing so he knew who he was addressing the if he saw me again. I said something to the effect that I understood and it wasn't a problem and then I commented "Now if you asked me for my ID, I'd have to ask you why you need it seeing as how I've done nothing wrong." To which he replied "You obviously know your rights." Shortly after a local sheriff's officer that I know from the parkland area shows up with another sheriff's officer and he gave me a hard time out of fun cuz he knew what was going on and knew what I had gone through to get my gun and be able to carry it. There was no detainment and not request for ID or anything like that which was good. It was clearly understood that I was doing everything I was suppose to be doing. Jorgy let me go with a handshake.

Attachments

• Mag 1.jpg
    Mag 1.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Mag 5 and 6.jpg
    Mag 5 and 6.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

DCKilla

Grim_Night, did you give your first and last name? I think on friendly terms with anyone a first name is acceptable. On the other hand, I've heard that same question asked of other OCers by LEOs. It seems to be a gray area. Did he ask you to go shooting? out for drinks? get together sometime?

DCKilla

Yesterday, I OCed at Cabela's and the near by Taco Del Mar.

I've been around the Spanaway/Frederickson/South Hill area quite a bit, no issues.

DamonK

Uh Grim, why would you feel the need to hide from someone you might know. Don't hide that you carry, be proud of it.

Grim_Night

Uh Grim, why would you feel the need to hide from someone you might know. Don't hide that you carry, be proud of it.

the problem is... I'm not suppose to have weapons in my apartment... and the lady I was hiding from is one of the main people in charge of where I live... so I was open carrying and if she had seen me with a gun, she would have had ja complete fit even though I didn't have the weapon in my apartment lol... another reason I want my CPL

tombrewster421

the problem is... I'm not suppose to have weapons in my apartment... and the lady I was hiding from is one of the main people in charge of where I live... so I was open carrying and if she had seen me with a gun, she would have had ja complete fit even though I didn't have the weapon in my apartment lol... another reason I want my CPL

As far as I know no one can deny you of your right to have a gun in your own home. Even hotels can't bar this right. Heck, even .270 is invalid in your place of abode.

(3) Subsection (1) of this section shall not apply to or affect the following:

(a) Any act committed by a person while in his or her place of abode or fixed place of business;

This means that you can display a firearm lawfully with an intent to intimidate in your home or business.

DamonK

That's just rediculas. Not on your part, on the apartment manager's part. There is no excuse for them to have a rule like that. They are basically telling everyone that lives there that they have no right to self defence. If I were you, I'd seriously consider moving. The idea of having to hide anything is repugnant to me. Good luck dealing with it. Let me know if you want BBQ up there some time, that could be really entertaining. :D

Grim_Night

Ok maybe this should be taken to another thread? But where I live, it's subsidised housing... I live on disability and hate it alot... I'd much rather be working... But can anybody prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that washington state does not allow landlords to prevent renters from having weapons or firearms in their homes?

tombrewster421

Ok maybe this should be taken to another thread? But where I live, it's subsidised housing... I live on disability and hate it alot... I'd much rather be working... But can anybody prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that washington state does not allow landlords to prevent renters from having weapons or firearms in their homes?

I've been searching the RCW and can't find anything on it but it might just be case law or something like that. If your apartment is getting government funding then it might actually fall under preemption.

Schlepnier

Grim start another topic on the matter and you will learn alot about property rights-as long as your renting and not in the commission of a crime they can't say **** about what you have in your apartment.

Now back to my OC report-

Busy day today. had the day off and lots of places to go.

.seattle
went up to kinukuniya bookstore located inside teh uwajimaya shopping center (international district) was there for about an hour, had a bite to eat in the commons area. no problems, not even any comments which is pretty normal every time i go up there.

.yelm/mckenna
county line guns-had to unload as per store policy but i am used to that, picked up some range ammo and tried to get hthe wife interested in a sidearm......she wants the cannon on the floor.
:shocker:

.hit the yelm walmart for some general shopping (OC BBQ and other things). as always no issues
.yelm liquer store, got some more of my tasty cap't morgans tattoo rum and some pinnacle vodka-no issues

another un-eventful adventure.