• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
While Deros and I were leaving the Twin Lakes Fred Meyer today, we spotted a Unicorn. So we went over to say hello and see if he was on the board. Nope. He just OC's everywhere he goes and was unaware of OCDo_Org. Nice.

p.s. He was left handed and carrying a 1911

Wow. A real unicorn! Kewl!!

briehl12

Wednesday I went to Bluementhals in Desmoines to get a heavy duty dress belt and went in o/c. There were several cops in there and didnt say anything. After that I headed to Walmart in Auburn, and then Sams club. Shopped both for at least an hour no words. Went to Wendy's in Federal Way on 320th. I had several stares, and one guy would not stop eyeing me, I just smiled at him and went on about my business. No interactions at all.

SeattleWingsfan

OC'd today with my XDS now that I have enough rounds through it to consider it reliable. Only comment I got was from a 7-11 employee that said. "Hey you got a new one... Much smaller - look nice - you trade old?" Very smiley and excited.

Also went to Sound Credit Union lakewood, never been there. nothing said

Last edited:

trevorthebusdriver

Wednesday I went to Bluementhals in Desmoines to get a heavy duty dress belt and went in o/c. There were several cops in there and didnt say anything. After that I headed to Walmart in Auburn, and then Sams club. Shopped both for at least an hour no words. Went to Wendy's in Federal Way on 320th. I had several stares, and one guy would not stop eyeing me, I just smiled at him and went on about my business. No interactions at all.

I go in there to buy belts and gloves for work, they assume I'm a LEO. They ask where do you work, I say King County, they say Sheriff?, I say nope, bus driver. Then they say "Oh", like I just pooped or something.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Give us a shout if you plan on stopping in Spokane and grab some coffee with us! :)

-Thor

I always think about you guys when I drive through, however its normally 1 or 2 in the morning. I will keep it in mind next time I am that way during the day, timing always seems the issue.

tombrewster421

These are the people I don't want carrying.

no retention, not just physically, but dam near impossible to fend off a grab. It's not securely attached, and the guy clearly hs no situational awareness...

I'll add letting his pants sag in there too..

Like that guy at the library that carried IWB small of the back. He wouldn't even know if it was missing.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
These are the people I don't want carrying.

no retention, not just physically, but dam near impossible to fend off a grab. It's not securely attached, and the guy clearly hs no situational awareness..
I'll add letting his pants sag in there too..

Agree, this is a perfect example of how NOT to open carry,.

LkWd_Don

Like that guy at the library that carried IWB small of the back. He wouldn't even know if it was missing.

If it was a case of "No Sense, No feeling" I could possibly accept that. Or the guy you are talking about wore supper loose pants held up by suspenders, and it was a small firearm. I occasionally use a Mikes IWB at the small of my back and even if I leave my belt and trousers loose, I can still feel the barrel as it tries to lean out. Not very comfortable that way, so I keep my belt snug and can feel the full length of the firearm the whole time.

compmanio365

Last week, carried at the Safeway by the house (160th? and Mtn Hwy).....nothing was said but had a few people doing a double take. Service seemed better than usual. Forgot how that always seems to happen when you OC.

Carried at the Papa Murphys by the Parkland library picking up a carryout order. Had someone in a business suit look a little concerned but a smile and nod seemed to put him at ease. Had an upstanding gentleman with saggy pants, hat turned backwards and some colorful tats look quite nervous while waiting for his pizza. Staff all seemed fine and nothing was said.

Walmart on Mtn Hwy this last Sunday....overheard talk on the radio about "MWAG" but nobody came to talk to me....so all was well. Then had dinner with the GF and her dad then we went to Yelm Cinemas to see Argo. Was wondering what the outcome would be given movie theaters' history of not liking OC but either they didn't notice or didn't care. Good movie too.

tombrewster421

Last week, carried at the Safeway by the house (160th? and Mtn Hwy).....nothing was said but had a few people doing a double take. Service seemed better than usual. Forgot how that always seems to happen when you OC.

Carried at the Papa Murphys by the Parkland library picking up a carryout order. Had someone in a business suit look a little concerned but a smile and nod seemed to put him at ease. Had an upstanding gentleman with saggy pants, hat turned backwards and some colorful tats look quite nervous while waiting for his pizza. Staff all seemed fine and nothing was said.

Walmart on Mtn Hwy this last Sunday....overheard talk on the radio about "MWAG" but nobody came to talk to me....so all was well. Then had dinner with the GF and her dad then we went to Yelm Cinemas to see Argo. Was wondering what the outcome would be given movie theaters' history of not liking OC but either they didn't notice or didn't care. Good movie too.

Yelm cinemas has never cared when I've gone there either.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Coastal Farm Supply (Auburn)

Did some shopping at the new Coastal at the Super mall this afternoon. Was in the store for about 1/2 hr shopping for new boots for Deros. Not a word was said by any of the associates on the floor. (Decent price on 9mm by the way $12.99)

When we got to the registers one of the 3 ladies noticed our firearms;

"You have a gun," she said in a non-panicked but surprised tone.

"I'm great, how are you today?" I respond in a pleasant tone.

Her eyes still fixed to our hips.

"I don't think you can do that, you have to have it under your coat...or something." she stated

To Deros and my surprise, one of the younger gals ringing us out said, "nope, that's ok."

So we had a little back and forth on it being legal and gave them a pamphlet.

She finally got it and said, "see you soon."

Strike

OC'd in Downtown Tacoma. Had to go to IRS office and pick up some old W2s. I was a bit unsure because while it's a Federal Office, it's not in a Federal Building.

When I arrived they had signs stating that no firearm were allowed due it being a Federal Building. I stepped halfway in the door and called over the armed guard. I told him I'd like to check my firearm. He said they don't have any place for me to store it and that I would have to leave it in my vehicle.

I asked if he planned on walking with to me vehicle and back since I was going to be unarmed. He said he couldn't do that.

I eventually placed my weapon in my lockbox in my vehicle and returned and handled my business. However, I wish there was a better system for this.

Sent from my iPhone.

Freedom1Man

OC'd in Downtown Tacoma. Had to go to IRS office and pick up some old W2s. I was a bit unsure because while it's a Federal Office, it's not in a Federal Building.

When I arrived they had signs stating that no firearm were allowed due it being a Federal Building. I stepped halfway in the door and called over the armed guard. I told him I'd like to check my firearm. He said they don't have any place for me to store it and that I would have to leave it in my vehicle.

I asked if he planned on walking with to me vehicle and back since I was going to be unarmed. He said he couldn't do that.

I eventually placed my weapon in my lockbox in my vehicle and returned and handled my business. However, I wish there was a better system for this.

Sent from my iPhone.

Yes there is.

It's called reading and understanding the law. Once you do that then you're business with the IRS drops to about ZERO!

I have not filed any IRS paperwork in over ten (10) years.