• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

Strike

There are exceptions for people who don't make a certain amount of money. I don't fall into any of these exempt categories.

You're claiming you are exempt. The burden of proof lies in the person making the claim.

Considering you're the one claiming that there are ways to avoid dealing with the IRS, even though it's completely IRRELEVANT to this topic, why don't you make a new topic and enlighten us all?

Until then, please do try to stay on topic.

Sent from my iPhone.

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

Found a UNICORN tonight

Walking into the Port rchard Wally SWorld and spotted an OCer on his way out. I struck up a conversation, made the proper introductions and refered him to here.
The unicorn (that name until he joins the forum) said he has oc'd for years and never had a problem. Welcome Aboard in advance.

conandan

I open carried today in Tacoma and Puyallup. Stop at Wallmart and sportsman warehouse, then out to dinner at famous daves. Only had a couple looks but no one said a word but it did seem like they were a little bit nicer to me. I'm from florida and can not open carry, was the fist time oc in public. Wish my home state would allow it.

tombrewster421

I open carried today in Tacoma and Puyallup. Stop at Wallmart and sportsman warehouse, then out to dinner at famous daves. Only had a couple looks but no one said a word but it did seem like they were a little bit nicer to me. I'm from florida and can not open carry, was the fist time oc in public. Wish my home state would allow it.

Glad you enjoyed your day of freedom. What brings you to this corner of the nation?

conandan

Glad you enjoyed your day of freedom. What brings you to this corner of the nation?

I drive a truck, I run loads from Florida to NW. come up here for work. I love it here in the NW. People are nice, well most. It was explained to me at the gun range I go to in Kent that open carry is legal here and my ccl from fl is good here as well I started open carry. The only thing that I don't like is I cant buy a gun here, and your prics are so good.

tombrewster421

I drive a truck, I run loads from Florida to NW. come up here for work. I love it here in the NW. People are nice, well most. It was explained to me at the gun range I go to in Kent that open carry is legal here and my ccl from fl is good here as well I started open carry. The only thing that I don't like is I cant buy a gun here, and your prics are so good.

Yes that would be disappointing. If you come to the area again you should post on here and maybe some of us could meet up with you.

aa1911

OC'ed in the national forest.... ha! hunting season is almost over (sadly) and my monster bull elk is still running around the hills. Had the M1A and got a few comments on that not to mention my drop leg holster for my glock. also had the SP101 on my weak hand side plus the little NAA .22 mag in my pocket. I like being well armed, hate being outgunned, what can I say.

It is nice though, hunting season is the safest time to be in the woods (as long as you have orange on anyway!), you can leave your belongings and vehicle, campsite unoccupied with no worries. Buddy just had his car smashed into in Tacoma, go figure.

But got some nervous looks from people in the gas stations I stopped in for beer/ice, etc. with my drop leg rig on. People miss the IWB all the time especially with black glock against black shirt but can't miss the drop leg. I wear it anytime I have my pack and hunting rig on so I can get to it easily and it's more cozy.

good to know the theatre in Yelm is at least neutral; I've yet to have any problems anyplace in Yelm, I frequent safeway, sunbird, rite aid, etc with no issue. Usually it's someone interested in what grip I have or which caliber, how do you like that holster, etc. pretty nice.

tombrewster421

I ventured out of the south sound today and was forced to leave my coat behind. I went just south of Portland to buy another diesel suburban. I don't have my CHL so open carry is a must. Everyone around here has been friendly and I have had no issues. Wish I had the time to see Sheriff Palmer to get my CHL biut I don't. Haven't done the safety course they require yet anyway.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Went to my usual haircut place in Lacey. The stylist said: :Is that real?". (My 1911 currently has zombie green Hogue grips) I said of course it is, I'm to old for toys. Laugh, on goes the bib and the usual high and tight commences.

DamonK

I ventured out of the south sound today and was forced to leave my coat behind. I went just south of Portland to buy another diesel suburban. I don't have my CHL so open carry is a must. Everyone around here has been friendly and I have had no issues. Wish I had the time to see Sheriff Palmer to get my CHL biut I don't. Haven't done the safety course they require yet anyway.

I would highly recommend the Utah class at the wholesale outdoors(and other places) They cover a lot of good info, and it is good for you required class for Oregon.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

tombrewster421

I would highly recommend the Utah class at the wholesale outdoors(and other places) They cover a lot of good info, and it is good for you required class for Oregon.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. I didn't know that class counted. I think I'm going to go with Arizona first though. It's much easier to do on your own and ANY safety course counts for AZ. Hunter safety from any state, any NRA course, etc.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

Tom,

The Columbia Co. sheriff just across the Longview bridge has been quiet friendly and I believe he is taking the www.mdgunsafety.com certificate just like sheriff Palmer.

DCKilla

The other day my wife, little girl, and I went to the South Hill Verizon Wireless to pick up some new phones. We spent a 1 1/2 hours with nothing said about my pistol. Also, we also had breakfast at the Mcdonald's near by.