• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Sign on the door is murky: Something like any firearms you are bringing in the store for trade or service needs to be in unloaded and in a case. This does not apply to your concealed weapon.
The policy is such that as long as it stays holstered, they don't have an issue with OC/CC.

Door sign as of 4/10/10

kenzmad

imported post

twice in the past week at the liquor store off the benson road and kent kangley. no issues. this store is 2 doors away from American Fidelity which has a no firearms sign in the window. Also Las margaritas and Shari's on the corner of kent kangley and 132nd. no issues or anything.

kenzmad

Just Us

imported post

04/17/2010

Walk the dog around the neighborhood

Safeway, Fredrickson

Seattle Underground tour with family

Ivars and other parts of the Seattle waterfront, upset family didn't like it and left the covered eating area at Ivars. Older teenage daughter started with some tears because she was scared, my wife saw and overheard.

Pike Place and surrounding areas.

As the Sounders got out asked directions from Seattle PD and walked by many other Officers. Just a note: I didn't see any of them on COPS!! Weird!

amzbrady

imported post

Just Us wrote:
04/17/2010

Walk the dog around the neighborhood

Safeway, Fredrickson

Seattle Underground tour with family

Ivars and other parts of the Seattle waterfront, upset family didn't like it and left the covered eating area at Ivars. Older teenage daughter started with some tears because she was scared, my wife saw and overheard.

Pike Place and surrounding areas.

As the Sounders got out asked directions from Seattle PD and walked by many other Officers. Just a note: I didn't see any of them on COPS!! Weird!
Seattle Underground tour, was it worth it. What are they charging, and how long is it? I've been wanting to take the family but saw some reviews saying it was just a few burnt out rooms.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sunday 4/18....

Olympia, the Capital grounds and the Capital building with Deros, M1Gunr and ADAMS... preping for the 2A rally on the 24th...

Starbucks, Olympia...sat outside in the sun...what a beautiful day!

CIMG0006.jpg

kenzmad

imported post

Ivars on the east hill of kent, 1 hour in wholesale sports then over to a buddys house for my b-day bbq. no complaints

kenzmad

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

OC-ed on friday to champion arms, on a motorcycle, from tukwila to kent. And then back, no problems, almost nobody noticed.

OC-ed today again to champion arms, same thing, talked with some badass looking asian dude with a shoulder holster with a chrome slide pistol, who told me I need to OC more and get on that opencarry.org lol. Went by username of deserteagle50??

No problems, only a couple stares from passengers in cars on the left of me, other than that, have not passed by the puhlease so not sure how they feel about that sight.

amzbrady

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
OC-ed on friday to champion arms, on a motorcycle, from tukwila to kent. And then back, no problems, almost nobody noticed.

OC-ed today again to champion arms, same thing, talked with some badass looking asian dude with a shoulder holster with a chrome slide pistol, who told me I need to OC more and get on that opencarry.org lol. Went by username of deserteagle50??

No problems, only a couple stares from passengers in cars on the left of me, other than that, have not passed by the puhlease so not sure how they feel about that sight.
Hey, welcome to the real world. Isnt it fun to be an adult. :p

Just Us

imported post

04/23/10

Home Depot, Spanaway

Dels Farm Supply, Spanaway

Walmart, Spanaway

Little Park Restaurant, Spanaway Sign shows 75 occupancy and looks like it couldseat 45 - 50, been there a couple times. Looks like a good place for a outing in due time.

amzbrady

imported post

Had to take my wife to an appt for her L&I case. So while in Olympia I stopped at an Arco am/pm to get something to drink for my daughter and I, and an Oly LEO walked in right behind me, I got a bottleo pop, he got a fountain pop, and I was in line ahead of him. No contact at all. I was however running through my mind what to say for any contact. good to go. CC at westfield mall. Then OC at pizza hut.

Grays Harbor, OC at wal-mart.

Good day.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Verizon in Federal Way at The Commons...

I got to update my phone for free 7 months early! Walked in, uniformed unarmed security eyeballed me as he opened the door. I walked to the electronic check-in and entered my info and looked around. The unarmed security just opened the door and greeted others. I still can not understand why companies pay money for this sort of nonsense. I was called and greeted by an associate and he eyeballed my firearm and continued to handle my transaction professionally. When I was finished I simply walked to my car. I was prepared to educate the security officer if he had any questions, but he did not, so I went on with my day.

amzbrady

imported post

I can only imagine that an uneducated (as in not familiar with OC laws)unarmed security gaurd has two things going through his mind when he see's someone OC.

#1) I am closest to the door so if something happens I am the first to bolt, cause this is only a job.

#2) I need to really rethink my position in the human scheme of things.

Matt85

imported post

i just starting to OC yesterday :)

4/28: Everett walmart, the AMPM on 112th and 99, and the Petco on everett mall way. (no issues)

4/29: Startupsforeign carrepair, AMPM on everett mall way, and Sam's gun store. (no issues)

its been a pleasent start for me and i hope it keeps going this way. :celebrate

-matt

Sparky508

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
I can only imagine that an uneducated (as in not familiar with OC laws)unarmed security gaurd has two things going through his mind when he see's someone OC.

#1) I am closest to the door so if something happens I am the first to bolt, cause this is only a job.

#2) I need to really rethink my position in the human scheme of things.

#3) I need a clean pair of shorts

#4) :uhoh:ummmm uuhhhhhhh duuhhh

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

A few spots today....

Downtown Seattle, helping a friend move.... moved her stuff to a storage unit up on Capital Hill. Only one young couple, total hippies, asked "are you bounty hunters?" Nope, just regular guys. The male concured that "you can carry on the outside." I was working and sweating too hard to be more detailed and they seemed satisfied with the answer.

Also, at Walmart in Federal Way this morning to pick up ammo for the weekly trip to Champion Arms.

Albertsons on Hwy 99 on the way home to pick up dinner.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

5/7 New destination today....

Dick's Sporting Goods in Puyallup! They just opened and I knew I would find a couple of old GI Joe's employees. Sure enough two former managers are now assistants and my old bike/ski tech is working there as well. Nice looking store. Not many guns, just your basic hunting long rifles and a handfull of basic accessories. Worth checking out....

OC'd at Dicks for an hour or so and not a word.

Brown's Point Market

Owner, after nearly a year, asked what type of gun I carried. We had a nice little chat. He has never said a word, never been worried, just curious.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

A little farther south than normal today....

5/12 Olympia

Starbucks Coffee

5/12 Kelso

Arco station to get gas and use the restroom.

5/12 Clark County Courthouse (Vancouver)

...on the sidewalk for about an hour. Said hello to Sheriffs office employees.

5/12 Shari's (Vancouver)

Near the Vancouver Mall, an early lunch

5/12 C&C Guns (Vancouver)

Average store, nice guys

5/12 Brightwater Ventures (Vancouver)

Gun Store, very nice selection, highly recommend

5/12 Centralia

Arco, for a soda and a piece of pepperoni

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

5/15-5/16 WAC gun show, OC'd the whole time, but security took me down! LOL, J/K

5/16 Fred Meyer

Twin Lakes for some groceries....

5/16 Brown's Point Lighthouse

They had been restoring the lighthouse for the past several years and today it was open for a public tour. Built in 1903 and available for week,long stay it is a beautiful setting in Brown's Point. Owned by the Tacoma Parks and assisted by the historical society it was a very cool building and event. I love old buildings!

Anyways, there were dozens and dozens of people, members of the historical society all over. We spent 1/2 hour going from room to room looking at the house and antiques and really enjoying the history.

My daughter commented when we got home. No one said a thing and I don't think anyone even noticed. I had to think for a few seconds, and I responded "oh yea the gun...lol" I think because things like this are perceived to be a very 'liberal' thing that I would be chastised for carrying. However, my behavior and dress is always trusting.