• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

DamonK

Been carrying around Olympia for the last week or so. Blackbear diner no problems. Ralph's Thriftway a few times no problem. The rally was great. No problems for quite a while.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Had coffee this morning in Gig Harbor with Squeak, M1gunr, Deros and gunr's step son. Was there for about an hour...

About 1/2 hr our more into the coffee (Starbucks) and a full shop, a table with two couples sitting next to us noticed my firearm. Mind you we were talking about computers and other things and not so much guns or rights.

I turned around to say hello, smile and answer any questions. All the typical responses/questions I/we met with good solid answers. Don't think we swayed anyone to the pro side but it was pleasant and no one got upset.

sudden valley gunner

This seems to me to be a pretextual stop and is a violation of your rights. There is no way he could of known if you were the suspended driver or not. I would call and make a formal complaint.

Absolutely pretext. They can find out though if your license is suspended, especially when they radio in and lie about why they want a picture of your license, and then get angry over a "warning" phone call because they are questioned and send you a citation.

Yes Officer Allen Bass did just this to me. The same Officer Allen Bass that assaulted MSGLagaie.

He stated on his phone call "Your gun drew you to my attention so I decided to run you". None of this was mentioned on his reports.

aa1911

I went to this rally last weekend, totally OC'ed the whole time.... :lol:

Olympia in general doesn't raise too many eyebrows, I frequent the fish market, wine shop, parks, and a few other places downtown without any issues, the Gov hotel on capitol was a non-issue too, stayed there a few months ago... where else...

around Lacey as usual day to day...

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
AMC Theater, Kent Station

Went to the movies tonight at Kent Station. Gun Buster sign on the door, I was carrying CC.... Enjoyed the movie Argo but when I was leaving I saw something I had not seen before.... a armed security officer. I am sure that since the Aurora shooting this is their response. Older guy with a Glock holding out the next audience until we were gone from the theater.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Went to the movies tonight at Kent Station. Gun Buster sign on the door, I was carrying CC.... Enjoyed the movie Argo but when I was leaving I saw something I had not seen before.... a armed security officer. I am sure that since the Aurora shooting this is their response. Older guy with a Glock holding out the next audience until we were gone from the theater.

You OC on the way out?

tombrewster421

It appears all of the AMCs have hired armed security. I went to the Lakewood location Friday and south center on Saturday and both had them. I noticed a gun buster sign a long time ago but they don't put them in conspicuous locations.

Trigger Dr

It would be interesting to find out who owns the firearms being carried. Also to see the "armed guard license". Are they hiring a security company or did they form their own group?
Hmmmmmm?

DamonK

I've open carried at the lakewood towncenter theater (AMC I think) haven't had but maybe one or two second looks.

tombrewster421

I've open carried at the lakewood towncenter theater (AMC I think) haven't had but maybe one or two second looks.

There is a sign on the lower right window as you come in. It's only about 4" square.

LkWd_Don

It appears all of the AMCs have hired armed security. I went to the Lakewood location Friday and south center on Saturday and both had them. I noticed a gun buster sign a long time ago but they don't put them in conspicuous locations.

That is my favorite theater, with the reclining seating, very nice theater.

Haven't gone to a movie now for about a year, I will have to look for those signs the next time I go.

As far as the AMC Kent goes, I would say its been three years since I was last in there, never had a problem, always went to outside ticket sales counter to get tickets so that I could get the Military Discount that you can't get if you use the ticket machines on the far wall. Nothing ever said at ticket sales counter, ticket check point at entrance, by food vendors, or anyone else.

decklin

Been a while since I posted a report.
Three weeks ago I Oc'd into Sportsman's Warehouse and had a man behind the gun counter thank me for OC'ing. He also told me about a three gun competition coming up.

Two weeks ago I oc'd to Sportco. Heard a couple of things that bothered me.
The first was an older gentleman buying a 1911 commander. 1911's were about the only thing they had in the case except for some .22's.
Older guy: "So how would you carry this?" (In reference to condition.)
Salesman: "Well I wouldn't. It's too heavy, limited magazine capacity and just not that good. No, you'd be better off getting a Springfield XD-S."
Older guy: "Do you have any XD's?"
Salesman: "No."
Older guy: "Then answer the question."
HA!

Then about a minute later I'm looking at the .22's and I see another salesman trying to convince a young guy to buy a .45
Salesman: "It's like back in Vietnam when we had .45's. We'd shoot charlie and he'd fly back 10 feet!"

I kid you not, he actually said that! That is the kind of serial misinformation that does not need to spread around, especially by a salesman!

Last week I bought a new gun. A Sig Sauer p226r Combat 9mm. Couldn't be happier. I bought it at Sportsman's Warehouse in Puyallup. I have been wanting a p226 for a very long time. I heard SW had one so I went in to get it and it was already gone.
A (very) young man named Brandon began helping me look at other firearms. By the way this kid was unbelievably knowledgeable. I spotted a Beretta 92A-1 on the wall that caught my attention and began considering it when I looked down at the 1911's at my feet. I saw two p220's mixed in then did a double take and saw they were in fact a p226 Scorpion and a p226 Combat.
Had them check on the Combat and they found one buried in the back still in the packing grease. Score!

Yesterday while oc'ing at the South Hill Walmart a man approached me and we spoke about oc for a couple minutes. Another positive encounter for OC. That makes three in the last two weeks that I've had.

More and more I'm hearing from people that they are supporting OC and being armed in general. I wish it wouldn't take a tragedy to get Americans to realize they are the only ones responsible for their safety.

decklin

Found myself in Puyallup today and decided to check out Sportsmans Warehouse. I had called earlier to see if they had 5.56 but by the time I got there they were sold out.
I figured I would check out the archery counter and what kind of info I could get. I know nothing about archery but have been wanting to get into it.

On my way to the counter a man walked up to me and said, "I fully support open carry but did you know you're showing?"
I just said, "Yes, I'm aware."
The guy says, "Ok, just wanted to make sure." Then he walks away.
I've heard from some of you that have had that happen but this was a first for me. I was very obviously not worried about concealment. I was wearing a hooded sweatshirt and a full size pistol.

I ended up talking to the guy in charge of the Archery counter. He gave me lots of info and helped me to decide that I want a compound bow. He handed me a bow and taught me a little about it then asked if I wanted to shoot it. Turns out they have a little range in the back.

While speaking to the Archery Supervisor I noticed a guy with an empty holster on his hip. As I was already engaged in a conversation I did not get a chance to talk to him and by the time I was finished I had lost track of him. In the past when I spoke to people about why they were wearing an empty holster they told me, "I have a cpl so I can't oc." :banghead:

It was overall a good oc experience in their store and the employees gave no mention or notice to my firearm.

DamonK

Found myself in Puyallup today and decided to check out Sportsmans Warehouse. I had called earlier to see if they had 5.56 but by the time I got there they were sold out.
I figured I would check out the archery counter and what kind of info I could get. I know nothing about archery but have been wanting to get into it.

On my way to the counter a man walked up to me and said, "I fully support open carry but did you know you're showing?"
I just said, "Yes, I'm aware."
The guy says, "Ok, just wanted to make sure." Then he walks away.
I've heard from some of you that have had that happen but this was a first for me. I was very obviously not worried about concealment. I was wearing a hooded sweatshirt and a full size pistol.

I ended up talking to the guy in charge of the Archery counter. He gave me lots of info and helped me to decide that I want a compound bow. He handed me a bow and taught me a little about it then asked if I wanted to shoot it. Turns out they have a little range in the back.

While speaking to the Archery Supervisor I noticed a guy with an empty holster on his hip. As I was already engaged in a conversation I did not get a chance to talk to him and by the time I was finished I had lost track of him. In the past when I spoke to people about why they were wearing an empty holster they told me, "I have a cpl so I can't oc." :banghead:

It was overall a good oc experience in their store and the employees gave no mention or notice to my firearm.

If you would like I'd be happy to give you a hand with getting started in archery. I'm a certified field and olympic style archery coach and I've done quite a bit of bowhunting as well. Just drop me a line.

DamonK

Now that I'm out of the Army carrying is a little easier(can't carry in any way on post). I've been carrying all over the place. Been shopping and went to the regal theater twice in the last couple days. No problems, one goo discussion over heard at the chinese buffet.

EMNofSeattle

It would be interesting to find out who owns the firearms being carried. Also to see the "armed guard license". Are they hiring a security company or did they form their own group?
Hmmmmmm?

WA law requires that guards carry a company weapon

cheap companies simply "lease" the guard's personal gun for $1 a year is a general arrangement.