• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

Just Us

imported post

1/07 Chevron in Spanaway (Hwy 7 and 176th st.) had to put air in my tire. I knew the shirt would creep up, showing the holster and grip. Another vehicle pulled up to use the air, got out of his vehicle and waited for a second, then decided to get back in his vehicle and start talking on his phone. I finished and motioned that I was done. No problem for that little bit.

First time really not caring ifit was seen and not trying to hide it.

I've been concealing off and on for 13 years, but told aboutopen carry over a year ago by a advocate.

Today I think I will go put fuel in my vehicle at a different gas station being fully open.

mtlhdtodd

imported post

I currently live near main st in Auburn and go all over Auburn OC includiing Wells Fargo and B of A and have never had an issue. I am moving to Fed Way soon and will do so there also.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

1/8 Safeway @ twin lakes to pick up dinner with my girls at the deli.... 1/2 hour, several gang banger wanna bees only one little glance....crime detered....

Just Us

imported post

1/8/10 10:15 a.m.

Got some fuel on the way to work, took about 5 minutes standing outside. Nothing special happened.

1/9/10 12:30 a.m.

The Reservation Outpost in Fife. I went in to grab some milk and a pizza pocket. I've been going to that store for 5 years, the gal there didn't say anything about it. Puyallup Tribal Police came out of the bathroom and up to the counter behind me. I paid for my stuff and went on my way. The officer followed me out as I was about to get into my car. He mentioned I should probably keep it covered and he was sure I had a concealed pistol permit. I responded that this is a OC state, he disagreed. I talked to him a couple seconds longer when another car pulled up on the other side of the parking lot. He told me this guy might know a little bit more on it. He called the officer over by radio. The 2nd officer corrected him and agreed with me, but he suggested I keep covered with my shirt, which would've made a print as I did mention that to them. I also brought up the 2nd amendment. I asked them about tribal laws, he said OC is prohibited. I told them I would look into more of the tribal laws. The 2nd officer is also pro-gun. They didn't asked to see it or anything of that nature. I was able to keep it on my person the whole time.

I met a guy earlier that day that walked out of the same store, he OCs everywhere including the Poodle Dog restaurant. Fife Police go there all the time and have never talked to him.

Do we know about the tribal side. I would like more information or directions onwhere to go. Maybe tribal officers need more education. I would like to get a couple pamphlets. Possibly post on that stores bulletin board.

Just Us

imported post

1/9/10

Corner Deli south of Spanaway corner of Hwy 7 and 267th st. Me and my boys went in to get drinks with no problems.

FedwyCC

imported post

gogodawgs it sounds like we live in the same neck of the woods. i'm really close to the dash point shopping center and have OC'd several times in some of the shops there with no issue. especially that really good teriyaki shop, i'm a regular there!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

FedwyCC wrote:
gogodawgs it sounds like we live in the same neck of the woods. i'm really close to the dash point shopping center and have OC'd several times in some of the shops there with no issue. especially that really good teriyaki shop, i'm a regular there!
I am right out that way. Never any issues. Sad that the Met is closed now :(

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

1/10 Started the day at Champion Arms with DEROS and Bookman.

1/10 Starbucks just down the street from Champion Arms (180th and E Valley Hwy)

1/10 Afternoon trip back to southcenter area....Harley Davidson in Renton

1/10 Sports Authority @ South Center: 10-12 employees and no comments. Talked for 1/2 hour with a former assist. manager of mine in the "fishing" section if you want to call it that.

1/10 Best Buy @ Southcenter 45 min. in the store 40 employees, some looks but nothing abnormal or troubling at all. Maybe one or two customers that even noticed with a glance.

1/10 McDonalds @ Southcenter

1/10 Safeway @Twinlakes in Federal way

swatspyder

imported post

Game room at CPTC while playing table tennis.

Four people were in the room who I didn't know. None of them said anything. It was impossible for them not to have seen it on my hip considering my carry side was towards them for a good 20 minutes or more.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

1/15 Fred Meyer on 99 (Des Moines?) OC'd in the clothing department as I needed more slacks for work.

Also, noticed someone in my store today had pulled up the tri fold flyer on one of my laptops that is on the sales floor for sale. They did not say hello to me!?? :(

tyguy808

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
Also, noticed someone in my store today had pulled up the tri fold flyer on one of my laptops that is on the sales floor for sale. They did not say hello to me!?? :(
Hmmm, secret admirer, I guess!

DEROS72

imported post

Bookman and I have OC at that Fred Meyer many times.We did have one incident with the Kent cops at the hair cut place next door .But we set them on their way.I had just gone in to get a haircut and saw them pull up and follow me in.I don't think they knew how to react when they asked me to step outside so we could talk and I simply said NO we'll talk here.After a few words about OC I basically turned and sat down for my haircut and they left.As they were getting in the car Bookman shows up and hands them invitations to our July 18 meet last year.They didn't know what to think and drove off.Other than that I have never been bothered there again.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

tyguy808 wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:

Just wish they would of said hello. I did see a man at that computer with a blue and black coat on just before I saw the screen pulled up.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

tyguy808 wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:

Just wish they would of said hello. I did see a man at that computer with a blue and black coat on just before I saw the screen pulled up.

DEROS72

imported post

Gogodawgs next time you go to champion come fetch me .

Oc in my living room today no hassles!

Just Us

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:

Sorry if I misunderstand you.:banghead:

I thought that was on the Do Not Patronize list!!:celebrate:celebrate

DEROS72

imported post

Just Us wrote:
DEROS72 wrote:

Sorry if I misunderstand you.:banghead:

I thought that was on the Do Not Patronize list!!:celebrate:celebrate
Nah lately its been my bedroom thats been on the do not patronize list..:cry:

Trigger Dr

imported post

Hey Jim, don't pay any attention to Just us, he is my son in law and has bad hair.