• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

DEROS72

imported post

Hey Jim I know what you mean this is my son in law......We're trying to him help

Just Us

imported post

1/19/10

Fuel Shell station Pacific ave and Military

Master Mail in Lakewood

Great Clips just outside Fred Meyers on Pacific and 72ndto try to fix the accused bad hair.

Trigger Dr

imported post

The best thing you can do for that DOO is to delete da doo or take lessons from Deros, da doo man:D

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Been just working and going to and from work.

But off Fri, Sat, Sun and will be OCing....

And need to get my haircut this weekend, so off to Sport Clips near Wholesale Sports in Federal Way! Gotta keep the doo looking good!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

tonite after work I had some errands to run...

1/21 Sports Clips in Federal Way for a haircut, never mentioned by the gals or other customers. I had to wait about 15 min in the lobby. After cutting your hair, you get up and walk back for a hair wash and scalp rub. No one said a word.

1/21 Wholesale Sports browsed for 1/2 hour or so, nothing said.

1/21 Office Depot (my competitor) visited with a former department head of mine that now works there. One woman with her daughter :what:eyeballed my sidearm as I walked in. No panic but looked me up and down pretty good. I carry myself well and am professional and courteous. Dressed in jeans and a long sleeve sweater tyep top. And have a black gun (Sig 229 very common LE gun) in a black holster. Talked with my former employee for 10 minutes or so, no issues, nothing said.

that is all......

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

1/22 Puerto Vallarta restruarant on 348th/21st Ave S in Federal Way. Dinner with my daughters. Hostess looked down as I came in to get a table (such a bg threat with two teenage daughters at my side, lol). She smiled and we were seated. I always sit facing the door and because of the side of the aisle the booth we were seated in was on, my firearm was on the inside. Great Carne Assada, then we finished and got up to leave. I stood up and waited for the girls to get out of the booth. Gentleman two booths in front of us gets the bug eyes :what:, haha. We walked out to the car. Obviously he told his wife and she also stared me down getting into the car (they were sitting in a booth with a window view and we had a spot up front).

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

1/23 to the DOL to get my youngest daughter her driver's permit! UGH! 3 hours! First went to the Federal Way DOL, bu NOOOO they are closed on Saturday (maybe the state saves a few dollars). So called home to have my other daughter look up an office that is open on a Saturday, off to Tacoma we go!

Welcome to the hood, 64th and Yakima Ave. About 100 people inside, we take a number and wait. Most of the first 1 1/2 hours we were sitting so no one seemed to notice. Then we were finally called up to the front. Process the paperwork and then my youngest is off to take the written. I stand at the front of the room waiting. A couple of bug eyes :shock:but that is all. She passes the written then walk to the back to get another ticket to wait again. Several glances at me and my sidearm (Sig229). After sitttng 1 1/2 hours I decide to stand while waiting for the picture to be taken. Many eyeballs, glance at me. After 15 or 20 minutes a Samoan genleman around 30 comes over and stands by us also waiting for his picture to be taken. 5 minutes later; "Are you like security?" I respond with nope, just a regular guy. I give him a pamphlet and talk for a few minutes. He says thanks. Picuters taken and we are done.

1/23 McDonalds in Fife for some fries.

LIVE FREE OR DIE!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

nope but I read about it....

OT: on a side note...

It took us 3 hours to get a new driver's permit.

Can you imagine if the government was running health care!!!

or if we needed to go get a permit to wear a cross around our neck???

Just Us

imported post

1/25/2010

LEED in Tacoma, new Safariland Holster 6280 Level 3 mid-ride which includes optionalsentry, don't know if I like how far it sits out.

Petsmart in Tacoma

CmptrGuru

imported post

Starbucks Yelm (0715) - One O.O but nothing from the Barista's

Thriftway (Lacey exit 107 south side of Lacey) - No issues (Got stain removal pen for spilled coffee)

Fred Meyer Sleater-Kinney Road - No Issues (Bought new shirt since stain remover didn't work)

Just Us

imported post

01/26/10

Chevron 176th & Hwy7, including going inside for drinks.

The Capital :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

HR Blockin Puyallup off Canyon :D

Chase BankSouth Hill outside of the mall, have to admit nervous first time OC in a bank. No problems, but I was wearing all black but I think some noticed as I couldkinda see people looking. Washington Mutual would have cashed a cashierscheck, chase wanted funds to clear.:banghead::banghead::banghead::cuss:

OH, no cops at my house yet.

Just Us

imported post

01/27/10

Chevron Pacific and 176th again (fuel)

LEED 6th ave in Tacoma. Switched Safariland for a Blackhawk and it feels alot better.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

1/26/10

Little Caesars in Lakewood on Bridgeport. Fastest service I've ever had there :lol:

BTW, for anyone in the Tacoma area, I work at the Walgreens on 6th and Stevens. I'll be there today, 1-28-10, from 4 to 10 at the front register. OC to your heart's content!

swatspyder

imported post

1/28/2010

Famous Daves in Tacoma
  • Sat down and took my jacket off. Sat there in the open at one of the tables. Customers all around, got up once to relieve myself and then came back. No problems from anyone.
Regal Lakewood Stadium 15 Theater in Lakewood
  • Walked in with coat on, took it off while watching the movie, then when my girlfriend and I were leaving, I went to relieve myself, then held onto my girlfriend's purse and my jacket while she was in the restroom. Had a guy say, "aren't you supposed to cover that when you are in public?" I let him know that WA is an open carry state and there is nothing in the RCWs that prohibits OCing. He had the common question, "isn't it a public nuisance or something?" I let him know that the AG has stated it is legal. I also gave him the opencarry.org link and let him know that he could get more information about the laws in WA and abroad. I asked him if he had a CPL and he said he did. We'll see if we end up with a new member soon, or possibly someone who can spread the good news to others.