• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Can someone PM me directions on how to get to the range at Ft Lewis? Sorry, after 21 years, it's gonna take a long time for this joint basing stuff to sink in... Cheers!

To avoid the gate guards..... take Hwy 512 to Pacific Ave. Exit south onto Pacific Ave (112th St)continue toward the "Roy Y" (191st st). bear right at the "Y" and continue on till the East gate road entrance. Turn right and continue on the East Gate road till you come to range 15 on your right. If you come to the gate guards you've gone too far.

range 15 pics: http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii194/m1gunr/range-15/

Directions to Waddell Creek pit in the Capitol Forest:
http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/...ns/?action=view&current=waddell-creek-pit.jpg

Bill Starks

State Researcher
39 CFR 232.1
http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2003/julqtr/pdf/39cfr232.1.pdf

(2) Whoever shall be found guilty of violating the rules and regulations in this section while on property under the charge and control of the Postal Service is subject to fine of not more than $50 or imprisonment of not more than 30 days, or both. Nothing contained in these rules and regulations shall be construed to abrogate any other Federal laws or regulations of any State and local laws and regulations applicable to any area in which
the property is situated.

Nothing in the CFR allows a Post Master to allow carry in the facility. The post office near me is not a contract facility.

Tomas

IIRC, the entire postal system is now run by a private corporation, not the federal govenment, and has been for several years. Whether or not the same rules and regulations still apply I do not know.

Not in the same way as AMTRAK, though, which is a government created private company. The USPS is still part of the executive branch and is still run by government appointees.

The "contract" companies are a totally different animal, however, as the employees are NOT USPS employees and the properties of the businesses are NOT USPS properties, but independent civilian contractors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Postal_Service#Types_of_postal_facilities for the most simple explanation of the differences...

Deleted_User

Kmart Lakewood with my Dad - no issues

Poodle Dog (Fife) - Upon entry, M1Gunr and Bookman were already eating. I was approached by a lady.

Lady: Excuse me Sir, do you have a permit for that gun?
Me: yes I do ma'am, but it is not needed for Open Carry in Washington
Lady: Excuse me?
Me: Ma'am, Open carry is legal without a permit in Washington
Lady: (Escalating her voice) Oh that's just great!
M1 let her know it was legal and the lady informed him it was HER restaurant and customers are feeling uncomfortable about ME being with a gun.

M1 can pick it up here. Be weary at this location guys!

I guess no one saw Bookman, M1gunr nor newyork 10001 OCing

Went to a home OC to pick up a stove with M1. Gave a pamphlet to the owner M1 did

Lowe's on Hosmer - No Issues

tombrewster421

Went to SOTM today with my dad. Tons of fun and thanks to Oldkim for heading up this event. JT59 was there also and would have won an organizer for canned foods if he hadn't left early. Stopped at Fred Meyer on the way home to pick up baby wipes. Cashier was eyeing my gun the whole time he was checking the lady in front of me.
Great day!

Ruby

Went to SOTM today with my dad. Tons of fun and thanks to Oldkim for heading up this event. JT59 was there also and would have won an organizer for canned foods if he hadn't left early. Stopped at Fred Meyer on the way home to pick up baby wipes. Cashier was eyeing my gun the whole time he was checking the lady in front of me.
Great day!

Excuse my ignorance, but what is SOTM? Thanks!

Deleted_User

HER restaurant? Really?

http://www.manta.com/c/mmc8rdq/poodle-dog-restaurant

Could be, but I'm not all that sure. :D

Unless M1 got her name, I did not. However, this is listed on the Fife website for businesses:

POODLE DOG RESTAURANT
Category: Restaurant / Lounge
Physical Address: 1522 54th Ave E Fife, WA 98424
Phone: (253) 922-6161
Fax: (253) 926-6759

Mayhaps it was the GM? I don't know.

jt59

Great day!

Oh MAN!....that's ok though, I am glad someone else who could use it may have gotten it. We have a big pantry already....I am looking at some of her food though. It was actually pretty tasty.

Good event, sure like my laser....

amzbrady

Great day!

I really wanted to go to the SOTM. I had my money saved, but our move came sooner than we expected. Hope you had fun with it. I saw some of the pictures he posted. looked like it was some good training.

Leatherneck

Wish we had planned to meet up!

My brother and I were at the SOTM today as well. I was wearing the SGN hat and NO INNOCENT VICTIM shirt.
We had a blast! I'll be at the next one for sure, whenever it happens.

ps-So, now I know what the jt stands for. :)

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Poodle Dog (Fife) - Upon entry, M1Gunr and Bookman were already eating. I was approached by a lady.

Lady: Excuse me Sir, do you have a permit for that gun?
Me: yes I do ma'am, but it is not needed for Open Carry in Washington
Lady: Excuse me?
Me: Ma'am, Open carry is legal without a permit in Washington
Lady: (Escalating her voice) Oh that's just great!
M1 let her know it was legal and the lady informed him it was HER restaurant and customers are feeling uncomfortable about ME being with a gun.

M1 can pick it up here. Be weary at this location guys!

While we were seated the lady asked about permits and I gave her the 3 reasons in Washington you need a license (CC, loaded in a vehicle and school grounds). Then she got all condescending and said this is my restaurant. After everyone had left I went and talked to her about us being there and I was told by her that I had gotten "smart" with her about the license/permit thing and that's why she sounded off. I told her you asked a question and I responded with an answer. I offered to leave her with some info and was told NO. I really felt she would be rather ignorant about the laws.
I'm debating a letter to the owner as this is the first issue we have had there in over 10+ visits.

Deleted_User

A Big OC Day

NO Carry - VA American Lake - I almost feel naked without my carry anymore
OC - KFC 112th / Canyon Puyallup
CC - Kent My jobsite to drop off some paperwork
OC - DEROS' apartment. Bad Hair Deterred
OC - Champion Arms Kent- See pictures (I HAVE PICS, IT HAPPENED!)
OC - IHOP Des Moines - good food! Great place!
OC - Blunenthal's Des Moines - DEROS' pouch store
OC - Bartell's Des Moines - DEROS was looking for a new comb
OC - Safeway Des Moines - DEROS needed more hair spray
OC - Champion Arms Kent - I left my hat on the range
OC - Safeway 112th / Canyon Puyallup - Cheese, Milk, Pop, Bread
OC - Albertson's 112th / Canyon Puyallup - Eggs, Ice Cream

Last edited:

Deleted_User

Pics from the range

1115001254.jpg

DEROS and his Witness

1115001303a.jpg

This was my shot with the Bursa Thunder .380

1115001253.jpg

I wish my camera was better and mayhaps I wouldn't have gotten a blurred vision of the muzzle flash

1115001303.jpg

No committees were formed during the making of this post.

Last edited:

DEROS72

We had a good day at the range.Yes ...ninja skills. ;0) Stopped for lunch at the Ihop by my place and the little waitress there Robin chewed us out for having our breakfast meets at Dennys and we should all come up there.Also went to Blumenthals and to Safeway.I think Goose was surprised when I punched in the code and walked into the managers office.It took a long time to build that kind of trust.Also Champion is allowing .223 Mini-14 and Ar's as long as you buy their frangible ammo. Thanks Goose I had a great time.

My apologies we had a great OC and shooting day and we didn't have commitee or organiszation approval......

Last edited: