• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Well, today Deros and I attended the OC meet at Starbucks and Mickey D's. Then we stopped at Fred Meyer and Safeway on the way home. I had one employee at Fred Meyer ask me if we were officers and told him with a smile that we're just citizens who choose to exerise our rights. He was happy with that.

Squeak

imported post

He seemed to have a reasonable answer when I asked him about that.............forgot what it was.:?

SpyderTattoo

imported post

2/6 Starbucks Federal Way

2/6 Fred Meyer gas station Kent east hill

2/6 used bookstore Auburn

2/6 Chicago Willy's hamburger joint Auburn

2/6 Albertsons Kent east hill

2/7 Fred Meyer Kent east hill (during the super bowl supply rush, about 11:00 to 13:00

Landpimp

imported post

OC isalways cool at LEED:lol:

we do have an easy exchange policy :)

if anyone comes in, say hello...I wear the HK hat

John

LEED

Just Us wrote:
01/27/10

LEED 6th ave in Tacoma. Switched Safariland for a Blackhawk and it feels alot better.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

2/12 Champion Arms after work. I made a pledge to shoot one box a week this year, and so far it is going well. It darn well should be for me as Champion is a block from where I work and I now have a membership.

2/12 Chevron on W Valley Hwy. Went in to get a soda and a peperoni, one customer and his girl were sitting at the table near the door having a Subway sandwich, he noticed. Stood in line for a minute or so, also got a couple of lotto tickets. As I was leaving the man sitting at the table smile and I nodded and smile back.

2/12 Fred Meyer on Hwy 99 in Des Moines. After driving by the Starbucks that Deros was on with King 5 last night I needed gas so I swung into Freddy's Fuel and fueled up with a .10 cent discount.

IMG_0174.jpg

Evidence of the trip to Champions. 49 rounds in the black with one miss near the right neck. This was done at a fairly high rate of fire at 10 yards.

Sparky508

imported post

H&R Block, in Graham, next to Safeway,for taxes, the gal preparing them didn't notice until the end when she made came back from printing out the return stuff. Even then the only thing she said was that she hadn't noticed.

Walmart Spanaway and then to the Home Depot in Spanaway.

Nothing exciting, no dancing monkeys for me.

or is there? :quirky

:monkey

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

2/14 Fred Meyer's Federal way....weekly shopping on a busy sunday....several hundred people shopping and not a sound.... I am sure that I am invisible!

2/15 Freddy's on 99 in Des Moines...busy night, as I stopped on the way home...again not a peep from anyone.

:cool:

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
2/12 Champion Arms after work. I made a pledge to shoot one box a week this year, and so far it is going well. It darn well should be for me as Champion is a block from where I work and I now have a membership.
Hey, what are the benefits of the membership other than just going in whenever?

Discount on bringing a friend?

Allowed to rapidfire?

Allowed to be a big boy and not have to call someone because your gun choked?
*new rule since I went there last, couple months ago*

Just Us

imported post

02/17/10

Started out 76 gas at 152 and Pacific. spanaway (or shell)

Starbucks in parkland pacicfic and around 125th block, Peirce County Deputy car in parking lot and sitting within 15' of me ordering with no problem or questions.

had to leave it in the car at worksource lakewood(posted and needed the fax):(.

Aarons sales and lease, guy I dealt with before just starting out with I believe his uncle (not oc but guns in general), talked for a few minutes.

PC Gamers 174 and pacific

Finally Walmart in Spanaway back to electronics(questions for employee there)and then for sushi and checkout with no problem.

and no the grammar isn't perfect.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't normally put in every stop I make when I am out and about but I had to share today's quick stop at a gas station.

2/18 Fife 76 Station

While on my way to work, I got a hankering for a stick of pepperoni. So, I decided to stop by a gas station before I got on I-5 to make my trek into the South Center area. I have my choice of 3 or 4 minute marts but I figured the quickest to get into and then back out of and into the correct land to I-5 would be the 76 station. I drive through the light and turn right into the parking lot. WSP patrol car parked in front. manage to also find a spot in front of the store. I grabbed my digital recorder (just in case) and walk in. Mind you that I have on black slacks (for work) and a black fleece vest, along with a black holster and firearm. I walk in and see the WSP officer shooting the perverbial sh*t with the clerk on duty. I wander down an aisle and find the pepperoni and walk to the front. As I approach the register my strong side is facing the officer. "howdy" I say and pay for my pepperoni. I turn and ask if he is staying safe and her reply's in the affirmative. Now I am not sure that he ever saw the firearm as there was no glance or what not. Which is concerning that some officer's are not taking things as seriously as they should. Or, that he was not concerned based on my dress, appearance and behavior. Anyway, I left and drove to work.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

2/19 at lunch I had to head to the bank. BECU headquarters in Tukwila. It was super busy! Duh, Friday at lunch! Waited a few minutes then said screw it and went to the ATM for a deposit and withdrawl.

2/19 Taco Bell in Tukwila, went in ordered (2 Chalupa's) and sat down for 20 minutes for lunch.

2/19 Champion Arms for my weekly practice.

Osamatarget.jpg

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

lol, you should make a habit of posting a pic of each weekly visit so we can examine it and see how you have improved. And mark it accordingly, which groups were made at which distance, and which hand, etc.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Poosharker wrote:
lol, you should make a habit of posting a pic of each weekly visit so we can examine it and see how you have improved. And mark it accordingly, which groups were made at which distance, and which hand, etc.

All Right hand.

10 yards, quick (but not double tap) fire. 50 rounds fired in 4 groups (magazine is 12 rounds plus on in the chamber) Alternated between the head andcenter mass.