• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

tony d tiger

Weekend in review

Yamaha Motorsports, Coumb's RV, Allstar Ford in Olympia
Woodland Creek Community Park, Winco, Cabelas, Lowe's and Mountain Home Bakery in Lacey

Nice weekend - no worries. :)

tony d tiger

OH - and BladeTech Industries, in Fredrickson - where I'm having a sheath made for a nice knife I picked up a few years ago. Aaron was willing to loan me a level II holster for the 1911, but when we went lookin' we weren't able to locate one for a standard Government model...
Him: "you don't have a light on that?!"
Me: "Nope - not so much 'tacti-cool' as 'prepared'..."
Him: "well - at least you're carrying a couple extra magazines, that's more'n most folks."
Me: :D

They've got some very nice holsters there - an' other stuff too. Nice enuff folks.

tombrewster421

Last night I went out with the wife. OC'd at Target on 156 and meridian, then on to Pho near the Longton place theater. After that we had ice cream at Cold Stone and then CCd to the Green Hornet. Funny movie. While at the Pho place a customer asked me about my gun, and tonight one of the baristas at the Parkland Starbucks asked as well. The barista said he wanted an H&K .45 when he turns 21 but they're awful spendy. Happy the weather has been cooperating enough lately to be able to OC more.

Deleted_User

My apartment complex - Our Block Watch is now in full swing

Lakewood to my Mom's house - No issues

Norma's on Martin Way (Lacey) No issues. I had a nice lunch with friends, new and old ones

Cabela's Lacey - I got the friggin frappin credit card now! It's a WAY better rate then my bank one. Why not, eh?

Cascade Arms - Thanks to Techno Weenie for pointing this place out

Papa Murphy's 112th / Canyon - Lots of looks. I was in my guns and coffee shirt, FULL OC gear (Extra mags, 4 pouches, and my Beretta) I notice this does attract a LOT of looks! I will do this sparingly. It's not in the norm on South Hill. Nice shirt, but VERY in your face imho!

reillo584

Great Job M1

Lakewood report - Rainer Guns on Bridgeport Way...

I talked to Tom the owner of Rainer Guns... Then we got into a discussion about Open Carry and I informed him that he was put on the Friend or Foe list as a foe. I filled him in on Open Carry, showed him some Gun Rights Pamphlets and the FAQ that was put together. After a 30 min conversation he is now on board with OC and is hosting the FAQ & Gun Rights Pamphlets. :banana:

I deal with this guy in the past and my perception was that he was the typical old grumpy guy… :banghead: I went down there this morning (OC’ing of course) and I’m please to inform that everything went down really well... We talk about prices and the different options that I have for my next purchase… Probably he didn’t like the idea of his business been in the “black list”… Well done M1…:dude:

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
2/4

Twin Lake Fred Meyers

Whole Sale Sports

Reservation Outpost

Jack in the Box @ Twin Lakes

Wal Mart Federal Way

Best Buy Federal Way

Federal Way Discount Guns

all without incident or comment...

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Deros, Bookman and myself for a trip to Cabelas to drop off 2A Fliers, Gun Rights pamphlets and FAQ's. Then off for food at a great little diner on Martin Way in Olympia apply named "The Martin Way Diner." After a discussion with the waitress about whether we could legally carry in there due to them serving alcohol I was able to explain and leave them with a FAQ, Gun Rights Pamphlet and several 2A fliers as well as my OC business card.
From there we headed to Elma to visit "East County Guns" to drop off 2A fliers. After a discussion with the clerk we also got them to host a bunch of the FAQ's and Gun rights pamphlets. We visited 3 businesses in Elma without issue.

J_Douglass

2/5/11

Went around with the wife today. First went to cabellas and looked around. Got a bore snake for my 1911. Then the wife wanted lunch so we went to panera bread down the street and ate. I saw a Wholesale Sports in the same shopping center and decided to check it out. Walked in and got 10ft past the registers when a woman called to me and said "sir, I need you to go to customer service and check your firearm" With a puzzled look on my face I asked "check?" "Yea, you know, go to customer service and check it, show them that its unloaded and get a ticket for it." she said. I said "why would I check it" since my wife was there and doesn't like the whole confrontation thing, I just decided they didn't have anything that I wanted, and left.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
Deros, Bookman and myself for a trip to Cabelas to drop off 2A Fliers, Gun Rights pamphlets and FAQ's. Then off for food at a great little diner on Martin Way in Olympia apply named "The Martin Way Diner." After a discussion with the waitress about whether we could legally carry in there due to them serving alcohol I was able to explain and leave them with a FAQ, Gun Rights Pamphlet and several 2A fliers as well as my OC business card.
From there we headed to Elma to visit "East County Guns" to drop off 2A fliers. After a discussion with the clerk we also got them to host a bunch of the FAQ's and Gun rights pamphlets. We visited 3 businesses in Elma without issue.

Missed you guys in Cabela's.

OC's in Starbuck's - Maple Valley, while heading to Cabela's
Cabela's - in there for about 1-1/2 hours
Garlic Jim's Pizza - Maple Valley, while heading home.

DevinWKuska

Oc 2/4

Lol first of all I am surprised u guys(and gals) run into any problems with Open Carry. I am new to this forum (FInd yourself some 9mm Goose?:p) got this forum from Goose who called me a unicorn to his wife(sorry I am married) and told me about this forum. SO here is my report for 2/4/2011

0700 OC in 176th+ Meridian starbucks no issues( well I should mention I know all the employees)
0730 Fred Meyer(176th + Meridian) for cigarettes and a bagel no issues.
0745 Conidered OC into my doctors office(Sunrise Plaza Puyallup) but didnt... your suppose to get better... not make people worse right?
0900 OC in Cabelas(lacey)... really wish they would stop asking me to get another card... got denied after I applied for my 3rd... go figure.
1130 OC into Berkley street chevron. very politely informed a LPD his gun holster was unclipped. He told me to mind my own business. Informed him that his holster being unsnapped gave me the impression he was showing intent. Fort lewis MP told him the same... he clipped his holster. (IMHO) if your holster has a handle strap and it is un done you are displaying aggression or intent to draw. I work on Ft. Lewis and most of the MPs I run into tell me they agree.
1600+ OC Surplus Ammo and Arms(lakewood) ... no problems (Met Goose)
1730ish OC Wells Fargo 176 + meridian no issues
1800ish OC Papa Murpheys 176th + meridian no issues
1830 OC Winco Foods off of 176th + meridian no issues not even a glance

Last edited:

BigIrish

Thats some funny $#@&¡

I almost shot coca cola out my nose when reading the "mind your own busines" fort lewis mp told him the same thing! Haha
+100

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Went around with the wife today. First went to cabellas and looked around. Got a bore snake for my 1911. Then the wife wanted lunch so we went to panera bread down the street and ate. I saw a Wholesale Sports in the same shopping center and decided to check it out. Walked in and got 10ft past the registers when a woman called to me and said "sir, I need you to go to customer service and check your firearm" With a puzzled look on my face I asked "check?" "Yea, you know, go to customer service and check it, show them that its unloaded and get a ticket for it." she said. I said "why would I check it" since my wife was there and doesn't like the whole confrontation thing, I just decided they didn't have anything that I wanted, and left.

The ONLY reason you should be "checking" your weapon is if you are fitting it for accessories. Otherwise it stays in the holster. Looks like I need to call the VP again and let him know their folks need refresher training.

A letter has been sent to clear up the issue, awaiting reply....

Last edited: