• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

Deleted_User

A Great OC Day

DEROS' House - No issues

Champion Arms - They fixed Ani's Bersa. Thanks Max! We found our gun store! Ani, DEROS, Bookman, and myself killed some paper! Bookman got a Royal Flush. "The King is Dead, Long Live the King!"

McDonald's Kent - No issues. I got a few looks but nothing abnormal.

Wholesale Sports - See my thread about my new toy! I love my wife! Bought a new gun safe as well as we now have 4 firearms, up from the 1 we owned a week ago lol!

Went to see my parents - No issues

Subway Midland - No issues

Home in time to sleep!

Last edited:

DevinWKuska

OC lakewood liquor store. Lots of strange looks. But nothing said. I decide to test it after our conversation about previous experience in other thread. I did notice the sign that said minors must be accompanied by parents was missing. Strange.

OC lakewood safeway, no issue.

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure liqour stores are a no OC or CC type of business. Since their door is posted nobody under 21 by state liqour control board. Such as stated in RCW 9.41.300 subsection 1D.
"d) That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age"

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.300

But I could be mistaken

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I could be wrong but I am pretty sure liqour stores are a no OC or CC type of business. Since their door is posted nobody under 21 by state liqour control board. Such as stated in RCW 9.41.300 subsection 1D.
"d) That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age"

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.300

But I could be mistaken

You are mistaken. Those under 21 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Their door is not posted.

http://forum.nwcdl.org/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=49

sudden valley gunner

You are mistaken. Those under 21 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Their door is not posted.

http://forum.nwcdl.org/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=49

Yep beat me too it. I have carried openly several times over the past couple of years into liquor stores. The first time the lady left in the middle of my transaction, then came back. She told me she didn't know I could carry like that and didn't know what to do, apparently her supervisor knew the law better and sent her back to finish the transaction.

jt59

Yep,

I have OC'd into these two liquor stores with no issue...many times

North End Tacoma 26th near Safeway
19th across from Kinko's, near the license shop

Bill Starks

State Researcher
After explaining that I needed some tall shirts because sometime I need to conceal my weapon the manager was more than friendly to help me. She also asked for some info, I gave her a card, FAQ, pamphlet and Rally flier. During the process, she told me she applied for a CPL and has not received it yet and it's been more than 60 days. I told her to get back in contact with the agency and showed her the RCW that she should have had it in 30 days.

Big & Tall Casual off 38th St, Tacoma. (added to the friendly list on friendorfoe.us)

reillo584

Yelm report...

BK- Yelm Avenue East, Yelm - No issues

Wal Mart – Yelm - no issues,

Does anybody here OC’ing the area of Yelm, McKenna or Roy lately? I’m a “small town guy” so I have been scouting the area for a possible buy of a house in the near future… So far there been no issues for me when it comes down to OC, but would like some OC feedback (if any) of the area, especially downtown Yelm… I know is country but Yelm has become basically a "little big city" (I like the outskirts better anyways).

Any feedback will be more than welcome… :D

Last edited:

WinchesterModel12

The guy with the track pants with the stripe down the side? he was the guy who got me ejected from the store and the store manager showed me a copy of an employee rules pamphlet as to no firearms.

That's the one, I just gave him a few dirty looks and smiled. He never said anything to me or came any closer than about 15 ft.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Verizon, Federal Way

I had to stop in last night on my way home from work. I have been in many times to both of the Verizon stores in Federal Way. I went in to inquire about a new phone as mine has been acting up. Security was there and opened the door for me and greeted me. He saw the firearm as well as the associate. No probles, no issues and no comments. As has been every time before.....

Including this time where I took a video of my trip with my girls...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/MrGogodawgs#p/u/20/fKQWjLKtlUA[/video]

Last edited:

tombrewster421

BK- Yelm Avenue East, Yelm - No issues

Wal Mart – Yelm - no issues,

Does anybody here OC’ing the area of Yelm, McKenna or Roy lately? I’m a “small town guy” so I have been scouting the area for a possible buy of a house in the near future… So far there been no issues for me when it comes down to OC, but would like some OC feedback (if any) of the area, especially downtown Yelm… I know is country but Yelm has become basically a "little big city" (I like the outskirts better anyways).

Any feedback will be more than welcome… :D

I've been OCing in the area as I live near McKenna. Been to lots of the local restaurants and have only had positive comments.

tony d tiger

Bellevue Starbucks this morning

... had to talk to a man about somethin'
CIMG6978.jpg

;)

Thanks Dan, for the assist!

DevinWKuska

2/12

0900 Meeting at Ihop(federal way) was nice... I hate breakfast food.... dont think I remember 1 name... sorry guys
1010 Starbucks(federal way) busy busy busy. again didnt really get anyones name. seems like alot of you know each other already. on a side not I feel there is a 20+ yr gap between myself and probably 90% of you... no offense just felt like I was 10 or something.
1215 shooting at ft lewis.. totally forgot my sidearm was still on my hip. so durring the 5 min break when your suppose to unload your firearms and not touch them.. someone commented that my hands were resting on my mags and gun :banghead:
1500 Cabelas(lacey) got dirty looks from a few people in the fishing section... I think they get 12ft poles to compensate for something...
1645 Marksman gunstore...yeah... never had problems in gun stores really...
1735 Had dinner at THE RAM in sunrise plaza(puyallup) the two girls at the counter were very cute.. and very nice. Got LOTS of stares from the 100 other people waiting for seats. even had the table across from us(when we got seated) making comments about if I was breaking any laws. Handed out a few flyers. (THANKS GOOSE!!!)
1930 At my wifes request we went to walmart(whom I refuse to do business with unless I have to) no problems... when a manager asked if I was finding everything ok I told her "No I cant find any justice" then told her about those 4 who were fired for doing the right thing.

All in all was a pretty good day... Although I think I was feelin a little bit antagonistic..

amlevin

I had to stop in last night on my way home from work. I have been in many times to both of the Verizon stores in Federal Way. I went in to inquire about a new phone as mine has been acting up. Security was there and opened the door for me and greeted me. He saw the firearm as well as the associate. No probles, no issues and no comments. As has been every time before.....

Including this time where I took a video of my trip with my girls...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/MrGogodawgs#p/u/20/fKQWjLKtlUA[/video]

With that camera angle I'm sure you didn't stop to use the rest room while you were there.

Deleted_User

Valentine's Day OC

America's Best 72nd / I-5 - A woman was walking behind me with her male companion and had a few comments about how crazy and stupid it was. I simply smiled and held the door for her!

Olive Garden 72nd / I-5 - No issues.

Best Buy Tacoma Mall - No issues. I OC'd my .45 Cross Draw and boy does it feel more comfortable than even my 9mm at 3 o'clock. I'm going to be carrying crossdraw for a while to make sure that's my preferred method of carry! (Stick tap to GreenIsBetter)

Blue Max Sausage Company - OC'd BOTH my pistols with no issue.

Safeway 112th / Canyon - No issue. I must laugh at the .45 being my CC back-up. This will change as soon as I get a good holster. 45ACPaddy is helping me with this!

Last edited:

reillo584

Larson dodge Puyallup – I took wife’s car for service this morning; Couple of looks from
costumers but no issues, one guy ask me if I was from Arizona…LOL. I proceed to
enlighten him about Washington’s gun laws… he act surprise… (Probably he’s new to
the area). Since I was left with no choice but to wait I decide to go for a little walk...

Shell service station - Valley Avenue, Puyallup – Grab something to eat, no issues, Police officer from Edgewood PD was at the pump, not sure if he notice… Anyways, I proceed with my business...

:banana::banana::banana:​