• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

WinchesterModel12

My house today, sold my little beater car. had a nice long conversation with the buyer's 19 year old son about firearms in general, handed out a pamphlet.
All in all a positive experience.

Johnsmith1521

Carwash on 38th in tacoma, I got a lot of looks but nothing happen and no one called the cops... Then got gas, no issue there... I'm on my way to Silverdale in a bit to pick up my son at the kitsap mall, so I'll see how that goes... I'm feeling more and more comfortable OCing, thanks to all you guys on this forum!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Deleted_User

Travel day to Port Orchard

First off, thanks to Squeak and 1245A Defender for the company today! This was a good day!

Safeway 112th / Canyon (Fuel Station) - Needed gas and Red bull. OCing my 9mm on my right hip and .45 Cross-Draw

Apartment Complex where I live - I am putting on a Safe Streets information meeting and signing people up for the block watch. I will of course OC this event as I've been invited to do so!

Squeak's House - Thanks Squeak for the awesome new belt! I hope Mrs. Squeak feels better soon! Thanks for coming as well Bob. We all got to see each other's guns. That house was the safest in Kitsap County!

McDonald's Port Orchard - Just the 9mm as my .45 is in good hands for a while. No issues, but LOST of looks. Everyone remained all smiles as my order was taken.

All in all a good day. Tomorrow I take 2 video cameras, 1 voice recorder, and 3 witnesses to Cowlitz County and Longview / Kelso for the day. This area is not gun friendly. But, 9.41.290 IS gun friendly! I will be conducting normal business, and expecting nothing to happen.

Tomas

I thought you could not legally carry in a liquor store because it is ran by the state and thus considered a federal building
Huh? What?
ayeaye_av.jpg

Uh-uh. No.

fire suppressor

That's really cool if I can carry into a liquor store. Not sure where I got that idea, I thought that's what I read or was told when I first turned 21 but that was before I found the forum so it doesn't surprise me if I got some bad advice

amlevin

I thought you could not legally carry in a liquor store because it is ran by the state and thus considered a federal building

How do you draw the connection between a State Agency and Federal Building?

You can also carry in a Bank even though some will say that because they are FDIC insured they are now "Federal".

Hope you were just pulling our legs.

sudden valley gunner

Many have been under this impression. If you read the sign closely on the door though children are allowed with parents, and being a state ran building and not federal you are good to go.

Would have been better if the state just got rid of them though and let private businesses sell liquor.

1911er

Cabelas

Coffee get together at Cabelas in Lacy Wa.march 19 at 9am not only will it be an ocdo meet but that will be another reason to go buy some goodies. And bye the way they have their big spring outdoor days sale going on then.

Last edited:

Deleted_User

2/22/11 Day Trip

OC Apartment Complex: No issues as usual (Packed up for the long haul)

Chehalis - Starbucks Exit 79: Met up with chehalis scott for some coffee and free internet!

Kelso - El Charrito: GOOD FOOD! I was rather impressed
Kelso - Darrel's Computers: Bought an ethernet cable for $4.95!
Walked Pacific Ave for a few looking around, no issues. No sight of KPD
Kelso - Target: No issues
Kelso - Three Rivers Mall: Asked not to OC by a VERY friendly pro-2A security guard. He kindly stated that he doesn't care, but CC as the rules state "No Firearms" No real issue.

Lacey - A friend's house: The only question was is it loaded. I responded always but that guns haven't jumped out of their holsters and went bang by themselves since before 1880.
Lacey - Shipwreck Cafe: No issue nor comment. I was there with a party of 6.

Yelm - Stopped to stargaze with the daughter as she wanted to and that area is dark enough to see EVERYTHING!

Spanaway Safeway: Needed milk!

I am FINALLY home after a great OC day. I had a good lunch, but couldn't find the gun shop. That means I got stuff to hand out if it has a place. M1Gunr, I will get with you when you are able, mayhaps the gunshow this weekend. Sign up me and Ani :) We'll BOTH be there!

DevinWKuska

I think I am suppose to post this in general forum somewhere but I couldnt figure out where... and who cares about anyone who doesnt live in the evergreen state anyways(jokeing)? so yeah... I did it! Bought myself a sapnking new Glock 17 with trijicon nightsights and 4 mags(I know thats not enough but its a good start right?) I would post a pic but I am not smart enough to figure out how to get pics from my "smart" phone to my computer.