• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

1911er

Lowes in Lakewood several stops from lakewood to narrows bridge,safeway in Gig Harbor, Burger King in Gig Harbor, Target in Gig Harbor, Kitsap County Sherifs Office, and Admin Building in Port Orchard then home just in time for dinner.

1911er

I would suggest a maritime map.

I am a soldier and always will be. For me, they will always be weapons.

weap·on (wpn) KEY
NOUN:
An instrument of attack or defense in combat, as a gun, missile, or sword. (or pen, pencil, hammer, high heeled shoe or my first wifes food)I added that part Zoology A part or organ, such as a claw or stinger, used by an animal in attack or defense.
A means used to defend against or defeat another: Logic was her weapon.
I was always taught you have a weapon and a gun "weapon for fighting , gun is for fun

1911er

Johnie's at Fife for breakfast with G20 and gogodawgs then on to puyallup couldn't carry on fair grounds at Gold show so rearmed afterwards ccd at costco in gig harbor to get pet food then on to the house. Did meet some one at the gold show that said he was on the forum but my memory is shot can't remember his name ,nice guy him and his friend they cant be bad guys they were at the gun show and the gold show.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Northshore QFC

I have been stopping in the Northshore QFC for sometime now to pick up movies at the Redbox there with no issues or comments. The Redbox is right in front of all of the self checkout registers and there is always an associate standing there as well. Also, for the last several weeks the Girl Scouts were out selling their cookies by the door so there was always a crowd, girls and their parents. And again, no comments or issues....

Yes, that is how OC has become for me... boring.... which is a great thing!
Why is it boring you ask?

To those out there that read this thread from time to time...

it is boring because of my behavior... I act courteous, kind, professional and polite. I dress respectable and carry myself with dignity in public and thus no one notices. Those that do notice are immediately reassured that it is a law abiding citizen and not someone else....

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
it is boring because of my behavior... I act courteous, kind, professional and polite. I dress respectable and carry myself with dignity in public and thus no one notices. Those that do notice are immediately reassured that it is a law abiding citizen and not someone else....

Way to go, be invisible

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Walmart Federal Way

Stopped in the Wally World off HWY 18 and HWY 99 to pick up some 9mm for my Sig P250.... no issues....

Really $10 and over for 9mm??? What is everyone paying for range 9mm? This is the first 9mm I have owned.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
9mm

Stopped in the Wally World off HWY 18 and HWY 99 to pick up some 9mm for my Sig P250.... no issues....

Really $10 and over for 9mm??? What is everyone paying for range 9mm? This is the first 9mm I have owned.

I wait for it to go on sale at Cabelas. $8.99 for the Herter's. Or $86 for 500 Wolf at Sportsman Guide (member price) with free shipping.

.45ACPaddy

I live 5 minutes away from them, best local gun shop I've ever been to. I open carry, they open carry (while at work), no problem OC in there. If anything, you'll get questions about your hardware!:banana: Prices are hard to beat, too!:banana::banana::banana:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
In the Kent valley at a few smaller shops and gas stations today.

Walking out of one of the gas stations....

"Oh, open carry..... wow, it's for real"

I responded yes it is and handed a brochure, but I was in a hurry so I didn't get to chat.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Browns Point Diner...

Had breakfast at the Browns Point diner this morning. It was packed and full of locals.... a few bug eyes :shocker: but not one comment.

Good breakfast, good coffee and good conversation...

Deleted_User

Starbuck's Lakewood - Ani's gun broke again. We're getting a new one, PERIOD! I swear, I will NEVER buy another gun at Cabela's

Ale House Pub and Eatery 2122 Mildred Street West, University Place (Front area open to kids until 9pm, thus not labeled off limits to minors per WSLCB) - Myself, Ani, Spencer, Mom, and the kids had lunch. NO ISSUES! The waitress and many guests saw our carries and no issues at all. Too bad the Flyers lost to the Rangers of all teams, but the focus is OC atm. This is the first "bar" I've been able to enter carrying and frequent this establishment doing just this.

Home in time for a PC Sheriff to be outside my door talking to a neighbor. She was belittling the cop and he was trying to help her. I walked my son to the basketball court and came back, passing his car. He eyed me, I kept walking as he was busy on a call. No issues mentioned by either as we were both going about our business. He was busy on a call and it was not for me to distract him as I didn't know why he was there. A win for both sides!

Last edited:

Deleted_User

OC: The normal local areas I haunt on Canyon Road.

McDonald's Portland Ave / 512 (near 112th) - Gas station attendants always keep an eye on me but nothing is ever said. No issues.

----------- RANT ON -------------------------------

Ani bought her Bersa Thunder .380 Feb 6 2011. We went to the range the following Wednesday and fired 10 rounds through it! It damaged the inside of the barrel near where the round enters the chamber. We took it back. We also (DEROS, Bookman, Goose, and Ani) couldn't get the gun back together. They sent it to the BERSA smith in Colorado.

They sent it back to Cabela's March 2nd but Cabela's couldn't find her gun until March 30th. She got it back STILL damaged. DEROS also couldn't get the gun back together again. mind you, this is a man that owns this SAME EXACT GUN.

I called the gun counter and was told a manager would call me shortly. I called back 4 hours later and asked for the manager. I called on my cell phone. He informed me that I must deal with Colorado as they "repaired it". Now, he says, what can I do for you? I simply said I guess nothing and hung up. He return called my house phone, the one I left for someone to call me on 4 hours ago. So much for customer service

We took it back and they said the damage on the inside of the barrel is "purely cosmetic" and they are done servicing the weapon.

IF after 10 rounds a gun has damage "purely cosmetic" or not on the frapping barrel, I want a new gun! I want it replaced. They refuse and kindly asked Ani to leave. If you ever buy a gun at Cabela's, be warned. They're all about the $$$, not your satisfaction.

This is my opinion and my experience. your experiences may be different. I am displeased and let the assistant manager know about it. I won't return, and a stick tap to TechnoWeenie as he warned me before I ever bought the weapon. Yet, Ani wanted it, so I will find someone competent to fix it for her. I'm open to suggestion. PM away as to not hijack the thread anymore.

------------------ RANT OFF -------------------

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Retail...

Goose,

Once you buy a product like a firearm from a retailer your relationship with the retailer ends. You are now in a relationship with Bersa and not Cabela's. You will pay for shipping but I would send it to Bersa and have it repaired. I would also sell it. I owned and carried a Bersa for 10 years. It is not 100% reliable and that concerns me. There are many other guns that would suit Ani well.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Bersa

Goose,

Once you buy a product like a firearm from a retailer your relationship with the retailer ends. You are now in a relationship with Bersa and not Cabela's. You will pay for shipping but I would send it to Bersa and have it repaired. I would also sell it. I owned and carried a Bersa for 10 years. It is not 100% reliable and that concerns me. There are many other guns that would suit Ani well.

Like I said Sunday, contact Bersa directly. I bought a Taurus 24/7 from Cabelas, I had some issues (not Cabelas fault) and contacted Taurus directly. They e-mailed me a Fed-ex label and it shipped to and from for free. Granted the thought of having to have it fixed (twice now) is not desirable, but their speed of service has been outstanding. Hopefully this is the last time. I will still do business with Cabelas (if the price is right if you know how to shop them). But for gun service I will always deal with the manufacturer. my $.02

Deleted_User

Goose,

Let's get together Saturday and discuss that. We did discuss his recently but I think the three of us (ani included) may come up with other options as well.

Golddigger, your $.02 is well received!

Last edited:

Just Us

Outside of bigjs outdoors store at the daffodil parade with the boys.
Arrived 4:25 and be here till the end.

Orting portion of the event.

Last edited: