• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

Just Us

Becu bank south hill

starbucks south hill

Chevron south hill

Quik Pick Fife

Video Only Tacoma next to the mall

Only a few looks and that's it.

amlevin

At starbucks in Gig Harbor awaiting Olypendrew and the Lt. for the sheriffs dept. We'll see how it goes.

Please Please Please- We're all waiting to hear how it went-----

HyperKid.jpg

tombrewster421

Recorder's going???

No recorders neccesary. Lt. Minturn has been with the SD for over 40 years and seems very level-headed and concerned about the way the officers handle situations like this. He said that he was old school and it really showed when he complained about having to wear a jumpsuit rather than a more traditional uniform. He seems to be an older wiser gentleman and I just hope that his subordinates are willing to learn from him and get the right attitude. He said it would be a couple of weeks before he gets all of his paperwork finished and submitted to his superiors and then it will be turned into a training bulletin. I informed him that the training should focus on the fourth amendment and when to drop the issue if someone stands for thier rights. After all, it's not going to accomplish anything but wasting the taxpayers money when all of their evidence gets thrown out because of unlawful searches.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Out and about in Federal Way....

And I was thinking of this day in history. April 18th, 1775.......the day of Paul Revere's ride and April 19th, 1775..... The battle's of Lexington and Concord....

[video]http://youtu.be/AhdmDDBjco0[/video]

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
No recorders neccesary. Lt. Minturn has been with the SD for over 40 years and seems very level-headed and concerned about the way the officers handle situations like this. He said that he was old school and it really showed when he complained about having to wear a jumpsuit rather than a more traditional uniform. He seems to be an older wiser gentleman and I just hope that his subordinates are willing to learn from him and get the right attitude. He said it would be a couple of weeks before he gets all of his paperwork finished and submitted to his superiors and then it will be turned into a training bulletin. I informed him that the training should focus on the fourth amendment and when to drop the issue if someone stands for thier rights. After all, it's not going to accomplish anything but wasting the taxpayers money when all of their evidence gets thrown out because of unlawful searches.

I understand and I also understand that this is mostly about the 4th amendment.
However, it was only initiated because of a clear demonstration of the 2nd amendment and that should also be addressed.

And a caution to us all, the department, the department's attorneys, etc... will then find new techniques to overcome a citizens' 4th amendment requests.... just food for thought.

sudden valley gunner

I understand and I also understand that this is mostly about the 4th amendment.
However, it was only initiated because of a clear demonstration of the 2nd amendment and that should also be addressed.

And a caution to us all, the department, the department's attorneys, etc... will then find new techniques to overcome a citizens' 4th amendment requests.... just food for thought.

Which also violated his 1st amendment. But if they restrained themselves like they should by the 4th amendment or our states more stricter version in Article 1 of our constitution....

SECTION 7 INVASION OF PRIVATE AFFAIRS OR HOME PROHIBITED. No person shall be disturbed in his private affairs, or his home invaded, without authority of law.

....Than the 2A wouldn't have been an issue.

And yes they are constantly looking for new ways and "loopholes" and faulty "interpretations" to violate our rights, all in the name of the illusion of "law and order" and for our or officer safety.

As a friend of mine who is an LEO said 'You Liberals want your cake and to eat it too.' Suddenly I am a liberal because I don't want him to have the ability or right to infringe upon my rights. I also told him yes I do because we are paying for the damn cake.

Last edited:

1911er

Which also violated his 1st amendment. But if they restrained themselves like they should by the 4th amendment or our states more stricter version in Article 1 of our constitution....

....Than the 2A wouldn't have been an issue.

And yes they are constantly looking for new ways and "loopholes" and faulty "interpretations" to violate our rights, all in the name of the illusion of "law and order" and for our or officer safety.

As a friend of mine who is an LEO said 'You Liberals want your cake and to eat it too.' Suddenly I am a liberal because I don't want him to have the ability or right to infringe upon my rights. I also told him yes I do because we are paying for the damn cake.

Isn't it amazing how some people are paid to protect you . But if your beliefs are different than theirs you are just another Liberal Fanatic.

jt59

Under the Starbucks Banner

Stopped on my way into the SB on 56th and S Tacoma Way...nice day to OC for a change.

Three Tacoma Police, a Squad, MC, and SUV were there for their afternoon break. Ordered up my coffee and went to the end of the line for P/U, stong side out.....not a word or a reaction.

Thanks Tom...

tombrewster421

Stopped on my way into the SB on 56th and S Tacoma Way...nice day to OC for a change.

Three Tacoma Police, a Squad, MC, and SUV were there for their afternoon break. Ordered up my coffee and went to the end of the line for P/U, stong side out.....not a word or a reaction.

Thanks Tom...

I heard that it was Miansail that got Tacoma straightened out.

sudden valley gunner

It goes to show that the only "straightening" out has been done by OC'ers who get their rights violated and then fight back.

The memos and talking to the PD don't do jack until you actually practice OC.

Tacitus42

First Time Open Carry in Tacoma

Fri went to Big 5 in Tacoma and in Lakewood no problems to buy baseball shoes for son.Borders books on 38th ,going out of business again no problem. On Sat The batting cages and the Boathouse at Point Defiance again no problem. Only one who said anything was a kid about 13 who asked what kind it was. Great Blog Btw happy to be here!I carry a PT 24/7 Ds .40