• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

jt59

MC trip to Vancouver and back over the weekend....I-5

Got more thumbs up and nod's than anything....only a few confused looks. Otherwise non-eventful, no squads shadowing me like last year on the return from the Vancouver pic-nic.

Staying on the speed limit, like last year, 100% of the traffic passed me at some point.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
6/8 Federal Way and Browns Point

I had not stopped in my two favorite minute marts for a while. I did tonight and both recognized me and asked where I had been. Both are owned by "minorities" and I have had conversations in the past with both of them about open carry and firearms. The owners of the Chevron at Dash Point are Sikhs and are wonderful guys. They showed me the location of their firearm at the minute mart. The owners of the store at Browns Point are Asian and he also showed me where he keeps his firearm. It is nice to be missed and it is nice to see naturalized American citizens take this right seriously.

sudden valley gunner

Being armed is part of Sikh culture, if I bid a new job and I now it's Sikh or Punjabi folks I always OC, even if I don't know them, I know open carrying won't be the reason I don't get the job ( finding someone cheaper would though).

I also found that many immigrants and naturalized citizens take our rights a little more seriously. Maybe it's because they actually had to study the constitution and take a test to become a citizen. :lol:

Reminds me of a sad story I heard from a man who was raised in Eastern Europe, I would have never heard this story and why he appreciates the right to bear arms if I wasn't OC'ing at the store he works for. Basically how his past government framed and killed his father, after banning firearms which his father faithfully followed the law, but it didn't stop them from framing him with that law.

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Grand Opening in Olympia

There is a Gyro restaurant opening in Oly that I went to yesterday. The people in front of me asked what I had and I said it was a Taurus, they said a .45? No it's a 9mm 24/7. They then commented on how one of the women in the group almost had the hammer of a .44 mag implanted in her forehead during an outing.

Any way if you are in the Oly area I invite you to the grand opening, and get a Gyro for a good price at the Gyro Spot in Oly on the 10th. They are at 317 E 4th Ave (cross street is Adams). I will be there at 12 if anybody wants to join.

sudden valley gunner

There is a Gyro restaurant opening in Oly that I went to yesterday. The people in front of me asked what I had and I said it was a Taurus, they said a .45? No it's a 9mm 24/7. They then commented on how one of the women in the group almost had the hammer of a .44 mag implanted in her forehead during an outing.

Any way if you are in the Oly area I invite you to the grand opening, and get a Gyro for a good price at the Gyro Spot in Oly on the 10th. They are at 317 E 4th Ave (cross street is Adams). I will be there at 12 if anybody wants to join.

Damn wish I was down south, especially if they have the roasted lamb gyro's....mmmmm

Johnsmith1521

Safeway and Tacoma boys

Went to safeway and tacoma boys on 6th ave... No issue what so ever... got some weird looks in safeway cause I was standing by customer service waiting for the woman to finish paying. But no one said anything...:banana:

SpyderTattoo

This past week I've been to Home Depot, McLendon's, Fred Meyer ( more than once ), Red Robin, a hole-in-the-wall cafe' called Mom's.
A couple weeks ago I went into a music store to get something for one of my son's guitar.

Just Us

6/11/11

Redline Motorsports on 6th in Tacoma

Starbucks at 10:05 in Federal Way and I should've read the updated posts

Aarons Sales and Lease on Pacific Ave

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
ALL your hairs?

I will leave that to your imagination! LOL

Today...

Started with coffee at the 2nd Saturday Starbucks in Federal Way with Goose.

Later in the afternoon I met my parents in downtown Tacoma at Starbucks. Then it was off to the Tacoma Dome for my daughters graduation. So I unarmed myself and got on the LINK. After graduation I rearmed and went to dinner at Billy McAle's in Federal Way. Then I stopped by Safeway off 320th on my way home for some dessert.

Only a little kid at Billy's gave me a wide eyed look.

.45ACPaddy

Went fishing at Long Lake in Port Orchard today with my mother. Trigger Dr. stopped by and chatted for a bit. After he left a guy walked by me and said "ah that's right, it's an open carry state," to which I replied "yup, gotta love it."

Someone else on the fishing dock asked what I was carrying, sparked a conversation about guns.

Good OC day!

Posted from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Father's day weekend....

Spent the weekend with my daughters and all over the place....

Friday...

Freemont (The Center of the Universe), went up into town to see and old high school friend and helped her set up her booth for a couple of hours. I was sure that in Freemont I would have some sort of interaction....and I was.....wrong. No issues.

Saturday...

Starbucks in Federal Way with Goose and Deros.

Browns Point Diner, breakfast with my daughters and their Godmother. The diner was packed and they have great food.

Highline Performing Arts Center for my daughters dance show. I was CC as this is a big event and not about me. There are over 200 dancers and 800 in the audience. While the PAC is owned by the school district it is rented out to private organizations and not in the sole use or possession of the school district.

Subway in Burien.

Sunday...

Champion Arms to break in my daughters graduation present. Quick Pick in Auburn. The family opened a new QP in Auburn with some indoor seating.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Pride

Downtown Seattle today for the parade. No issues with anyone. My shirt was a big hit today.

269483_1411125414652_1728023493_675970_1710722_n.jpg

tombrewster421

OC'd at Point Defiance Zoo today. Honestly don't know if anyone noticed.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309138095.039951.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309138095.039951.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 187
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309138138.839228.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309138138.839228.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 304
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309138172.837628.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309138172.837628.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 179
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309138205.437345.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309138205.437345.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 170

Schlepnier

Just a quick update. i was out for my usualy evening 2.5 mile bitof exercise and as usualy fridays is my early day at work so i am running several hours ahead of normal when "normal" people are still out and about.

I have to give props again to the thurston county sherrifs office for another job well done when it comes to OC and following the law. There were 2 officers in SUVs in my general vicinity not the one i normally see in a cruiser every so often late at night, That one doesnt even give me a second glance anymore. This time one SUV drove buy and then came back for a second drive-by. he then parked with his fellow officer off to the side of the road in a parking area in my path of travel. i could hear them talking amongst themselves when i walked by but no effort was made to contact me in any way.
:)
:banana: