• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

SpyderTattoo

LOL, na, I agree with you guys. Until the WAC buys us some equipment like metal detectors or the like, what we can't see, we can't enforce. I believe that there are many people who just don't declare their concealed weapons at the front door. I don't really have a problem with this since these are the weapons that aren't being unholstered for reasons like, fitting a holster, looking for parts, etc.

I believe that most, if not all, the people on the OCDO boards have a much better awareness and safe weapon handling skills than most of the general gun-carrying public. As an example, on Saturday while I was working at the tie table tieing off a gun at the table closest to the bullet trap, a member came up to the trap to unload his weapon. Instead of pointing the muzzle into the trap he turned the (semi-auto) pistol sideways, muzzle pointed directly at me. Then he released the magazine which I could see was loaded. Then he racked the slide and a round ejected.

This all happened while the muzzle was pointed right at me. It was in slow-motion to my perspective. So I, very angrily, told him to point that muzzle into the trap, that's what it's for and I informed him that he just covered me with a live weapon.

Just another perspective from someone behind the table that thousands of guns come across.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
LOL, na, I agree with you guys. Until the WAC buys us some equipment like metal detectors or the like, what we can't see, we can't enforce. I believe that there are many people who just don't declare their concealed weapons at the front door. I don't really have a problem with this since these are the weapons that aren't being unholstered for reasons like, fitting a holster, looking for parts, etc.

I believe that most, if not all, the people on the OCDO boards have a much better awareness and safe weapon handling skills than most of the general gun-carrying public. As an example, on Saturday while I was working at the tie table tieing off a gun at the table closest to the bullet trap, a member came up to the trap to unload his weapon. Instead of pointing the muzzle into the trap he turned the (semi-auto) pistol sideways, muzzle pointed directly at me. Then he released the magazine which I could see was loaded. Then he racked the slide and a round ejected.

This all happened while the muzzle was pointed right at me. It was in slow-motion to my perspective. So I, very angrily, told him to point that muzzle into the trap, that's what it's for and I informed him that he just covered me with a live weapon.

Just another perspective from someone behind the table that thousands of guns come across.

Just out of curiosity, how did he respond when you reprimanded him?

tombrewster421

And that is why I just unload in my truck, leave the magazines there and put my cable lock in the gun while still at the truck. Then I can just walk right in. The cable lock is pretty obvious.

SpyderTattoo

Just out of curiosity, how did he respond when you reprimanded him?

He was very sheepish. He knew that he screwed up as soon as I raised my voice (there were a few other people around). He did appologise to me. I explained that an infraction like that can get him kicked out of the club. It could also possibly get him arrested.

Since I was having a good day and he seemed like he was sorry and learned his lesson I let him slide. I think he'll use the trap properly from now on.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Sunday 7/31

Deros, Julie and myself finished shooting at Champion Arms and headed over to Starbucks for a cup of coffee. We went to the Starbucks on South Center BLVD near Best Buy. There were 4 Tukwila PD cars in the parking lot, so I activated my camera. You can see them sitting at a table nearest the door on the left as we enter Starbucks. We go and order coffee and they depart the joint.... no contact, I am not even sure they had enough situational awareness to see us. Since the Lakewood shooting I would of thought that they would be farther from the door and at least one of them would of spotted us. I guess I was wrong.

[video=youtube;Ck0XhV5-vTA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck0XhV5-vTA[/video]

TechnoWeenie

As an example, on Saturday while I was working at the tie table tieing off a gun at the table closest to the bullet trap, a member came up to the trap to unload his weapon. Instead of pointing the muzzle into the trap he turned the (semi-auto) pistol sideways, muzzle pointed directly at me. Then he released the magazine which I could see was loaded. Then he racked the slide and a round ejected.

Well, if he was allowed to carry it, it never would've come out of its holster.

Seems like the WAC is inviting trouble, requiring people to unholster live weapons so they can get in.

tombrewster421

Went to Wal-Mart yesterday for an eye appointment and while I was there I went to check out the ammo. I had the pleasure of informing a citizen that Washington IS an open carry state after he asked. I asked him where he was from, he said Washington. I was surprised he didn't know that it was since he knew the term open carry. I was also able to share with him the reasons it is good to get a CPL as well. :)

Drazhar Rakarth

Office Depot (Lakewood) - No one batted an Eyelash

The new winco on 72nd - Employees know me from work and not a word

Happy Teriyaki on canyon road no incident

Some gas station no complaints! I did get quicker service though

All uneventful!

amlevin

As for WAC, two choices at hand. Don't like the rules, don't attend shows OR join and fight the rules through the internal political process. Standing on the sidelines and bitching doesn't accomplish anything.

Likewise, complaining about people hired to enforce the rules just doing their job.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Thurston County Fair

Today I took my kids to the Fair and the only comments were from vendors trying to get my attention to buy stuff, but not in a negative way. I spent almost 30 mins BS'ing with Thurston County Sheriff SWAT members about the new sheriff and stuff while my kids got ID's with not a word said. (My EDC is full size 9mm so it was quite obvious). About two minutes from leaving a member of the Thurston County Fair Board member came up and asked if I was a LEO, and I said no just a regular citizen. He also asked if I had a CPL, I (lied) said not on me. The way I dress normally especially for a full size gun is not practical anyway. He is not an "anti", but was concerned the fair would receive a bunch of "fan mail" as he put it even though no one said anything directly to me. I told him this is the way I carry every day on a regular basis, and he said the liberal (nuts- my words) would e-mail the fair. After thought I would have given him my card and bet him a coffee that no one said squat. Well that's the closest thing to a negative encounter so far. Also I have been in the Verizon and Wells Fargo in Lacey numerous times with no issue. I keep hearing about people having issues, but I have yet to be trespassed or put on the ground. What are people doing to get "slammed"?

sudden valley gunner

I keep hearing about people having issues, but I have yet to be trespassed or put on the ground. What are people doing to get "slammed"?

Take a bath, groom properly, dress nice, practice good manners, and you probably will never be "bothered".

Appearance and Attitude tend to set the tone, even if not armed.

I was well groomed even was wearing dress shoes, and I was polite. So that doesn't always work.

Not as much incidents as there were a few years ago I think the word has spread. And even without this site many people are aware OC is legal even if they haven't seen it.

Drazhar Rakarth

Lakewood Walmart x3

Winco 72nd x2

The Game Matrix (Friday Night)

Lots of positive encounters and questions. I'm surprised as I thought Lakewood was an anti area. They're not, at least to my experiences!

An armed society is a polite society!

tony d tiger

Twanoh SP for the weekend. A few kids got excited and talked to one of the camp hosts when they saw my .45 on the hip... I overheard him telling them it was okay and nothing to worry about.
Safeway and the DollarStore in Lacey earlier today - gettin' my groceries for the next week.

Johnsmith1521

I went to Sportco in Fife with the woman and my little girl... Was there for about an hour, nobody said anything and I really didn't notice any looks... I did see a NICE Springfield SS TRP! I asked the woman and she said no... of course...:banghead: Next stop was Shell (Fife)to get gas, No issue there... Safeway on 6th Ave in Tacoma, no issue and a walk around the neighborhood with the dog... All in all good day to OC! I'm starting to feel more comfortable with it... :dude:

Last edited: