• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

Trigger Dr

Twanoh SP for the weekend. A few kids got excited and talked to one of the camp hosts when they saw my .45 on the hip... I overheard him telling them it was okay and nothing to worry about.
Safeway and the DollarStore in Lacey earlier today - gettin' my groceries for the next week.

The female ranger at Twanoh SP is a member of the forum. we had an OC picnic there 2 yr ago and she participated while on duty then joined.

jt59

Good weekend, slightly negative encounter

All weekend, different places from Fife to Parkland, Tacoma and U.P including:

Wells Fargo Bank on Pearl & 27th
Chase Bank on 19th and Mildred
Fred Meyer on Bridgeport in U.P.
Starbucks on Pearl and 27th
Point Defiance Park
Camping World in Fife
Home Depot on 72nd/I-5

...but the slightly weird encounter was at the new dicount grocery store on 56th and South Tacoma Way. I have Oc'd here many times with out a comment, engaged the help to find something or other. On Sunday, my wife and I stopped in for some groceries on our way home, and a young well dressed black women with a passle of kids approached me and asked the "why" question. I answered "peace of mind" and "self defense" to gauge her response (She would know that this area of STW can be fairly rough). She answered well, its a very "pretty" gun. Her friend was there talking away on the phone and eyeballing our conversation. I said thank you and started to move away and she said, "I thought you were going to shoot all of us" in a kind of off hand joking kind of way. I responded "Ma'am", that is not anywhere near funny"...and moved to finish checking out.....we left and proceeded west on 56th, and went a few blocks, when a Tacoma patrol was headed opposite, no lights but easily 55 in the 30mph back toward the store....It left me wondering if someone made a call.....

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
8/14 NE Tacoma

Chevron on Hoyt Rd...
Took a trip up to the store to get some propane for the BBQ. The gal who came out to fill up my tank immediately said she liked my shirt! This shirt is a great way to break the ice...

262007_1411339019992_1728023493_676436_5269946_n.jpg

Then she said, "you know most people would probably freak out about now" as she glance down at the Sig "but I'm from Enumclaw"
I responded "nah, not really most people don't" and then chatted a bit about everywhere I carry and what her boyfriend carries. Nice conversation.

Then I went in and paid, came back out and got in my car. As I started my car up a little black Honda zoomed over next to my window. It was driven by a young guy, short haircut, female in the passenger seat and a child in the back seat. So I was put at ease as he approached my window.
"Are you a cop?"
"Nope, just a regular citizen. Open Carry is legal in Washington"
"I thought so...thanks for doing it"

That was the most interaction I have had in some time from strangers.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
You must have them trained well cause I've OC in their all the time and they never bat an eye. :D

Been shopping there for the last 2 years with out incident. It is a franchised store, if you meet the owner you will understand why. Tall, cowboy boots and cowboy hat. Makes all of his employees wear black pants, white shirt and a tie. Even the female's, which is most of the staff.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
8/14 Tacoma

Deros and I headed out to another political rally tonight. Put on by a Tacoma Conservative group it was a well done event. Met some old friends there as well...i.e. Kerry (Sang at the 2A rally), Tom Newilius aka Samuel Adams. Met 'The Other Guy' running for Governor. It's a shame that more people don't come out to these events. (There was a little over 100) But I am sure that after the primary next year people will complain that there is not enough choice.

292635_1465117964432_1728023493_735252_2630861_n.jpg

jt59

up north

Not exactly the south end, but spent the weekend up in the islands with spouse....OC'd everywhere:

Starbucks Anacortes

Elwah Ferry, wandered about with a full ferry, 140 cars and several hundred folks..met a guy from DC and we chatted about differences.

Gas on the reservation - 3.59...best deal around

Farm House restuarant

Back home and into the Safeway on 6th near Mildred

tony d tiger

My "south sound" weekend...

Not exactly the south end, but spent the weekend up in the islands with spouse....OC'd everywhere:

Starbucks Anacortes

Elwah Ferry, wandered about with a full ferry, 140 cars and several hundred folks..met a guy from DC and we chatted about differences.

Gas on the reservation - 3.59...best deal around

Farm House restuarant

Back home and into the Safeway on 6th near Mildred
Don't feel bad - I was over in Belfair Saturday/Sunday! :D
Friday - picked up a new-to-me Hi-Standard Double Nine with holster. A purty little thing with some kinda' white grips...
DSCN2994.jpg

Wore it to Lowes in Lacey that night, then out in Belfair Saturday (Safeway, Smoke Shop and out in the woods) and Sunday (McClendons) and a Texaco station along highway 3 on the way back... then in the Safeway in Lacey gettin' groceries for this week.
Diesel was $3.89 *sheesh!* Mebbe' I should head North next time!

WinchesterModel12

Went to Walgreen's on the corner of 38th st and pacific ave in Tacoma.
The cashier was staring intently and then finally got the nerve to ask
" Is that a real.....................................................tattoo?" I have a MR YUCK tattoo on my right forearm.

A good experience, and nobody went screaming from the store.

tony d tiger

I was at work today and noticed this guy shopping.... 75 and sunny today..... can you say "Shoot Me First Vest"???

...fuzzy IMG
Can't tell from the picture, is that a fleecy?
I like to wear meshy vests in the summer time - gotta' have pockets to carry stuff in... especially if wearing a non-pocket tee shirt.
Granted, I picked up the habit in Korea, where all the adashi wear them.

So - was he a lefty?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Can't tell from the picture, is that a fleecy?
I like to wear meshy vests in the summer time - gotta' have pockets to carry stuff in... especially if wearing a non-pocket tee shirt.
Granted, I picked up the habit in Korea, where all the adashi wear them.

So - was he a lefty?

It was thick and stiff with a quilted type lining. The only pockets were a right and left one for your hands/keys. It was definitely out of place and clearly a SMFV (tm). Yes, it was clearly on the left side.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
8/19 Federal Way

Sports Clips

My monthly hair cut with the girls, just casual conversation, usually there is no mention of my gun just of my hair or sports. While my hair is not as nice as Deros it still needs some care. :) Every now and then one of the new girls asks what type of gun or tells me about her boyfriends gun.

Fred Meyer

Some grocery shopping. Had to get the ingredients for Pica de Gallo for Willow Lake tomorrow.

Federal Way Discount Guns

Pre shopping for my next gun.....

Redondo Beach Pier

Stopped by to say hello to GreenIsPoosharker....

Last edited:

OrangeIsTrouble

Sports Clips

My monthly hair cut with the girls, just casual conversation, usually there is no mention of my gun just of my hair or sports. While my hair is not as nice as Deros it still needs some care. :) Every now and then one of the new girls asks what type of gun or tells me about her boyfriends gun.

Fred Meyer

Some grocery shopping. Had to get the ingredients for Pica de Gallo for Willow Lake tomorrow.

Federal Way Discount Guns

Pre shopping for my next gun.....

Redondo Beach Pier

Stopped by to say hello to GreenIsPoosharker....

.........:rolleyes:

tombrewster421

I WON A GUN! Willow Lake was great this year. Lots of new people, and great conversations. I was flattered to be named as OC man of the year and am just that much more motivated to stand for all of our Rights. It was great to see everyone there. My wife won a knife. And did I mention that I WON A GUN!? I owe you squeak. ;)