• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

SpyderTattoo

OC'd to "The Shop" haircut place for the boys to get haircuts, Walmart-Covington, Kohl's-Covington, Costco-Covington, Fred Meyer-Kent. Spent about 7 hours out with the family today doing shopping.

Did I mention Costco...

hrlysef

Banned
Funny...

OC'd to "The Shop" haircut place for the boys to get haircuts, Walmart-Covington, Kohl's-Covington, Costco-Covington, Fred Meyer-Kent. Spent about 7 hours out with the family today doing shopping.

Did I mention Costco...

I caught a glimpse of a lady wearing a sidearm OC at the Covington Costco a few days ago but didn't have time to start a chat, haven't tried it myself there yet though.

stumprat

As for WAC, two choices at hand. Don't like the rules, don't attend shows OR join and fight the rules through the internal political process. Standing on the sidelines and bitching doesn't accomplish anything.

Likewise, complaining about people hired to enforce the rules just doing their job.

I agree 100 percent. And this infringement of my rights. Is why I choose not to attend gun shows.

tony d tiger

22 August - Safeway, Lacey

On Martin Way and Sleater-Kinney... coupla' unicorns shopping around 1700 or so. Good to see ya' out there - woulda' said hello but figured you looked busy - I was busy... but good to see ya' out there.

tony d tiger

Martin Way Sleater-Kinney & College

about a 2 mile block... couple evenings ago.
got a few waves from parents picking up their kids from peewee football and such.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
9/2 Federal Way Red Robin

Had a nice business dinner tonight with the owners of Champion Arms.
The restaurant staff was pleasant and attentive. RR was crowded but no one paid any attention to my Sig P250 in .357

sudden valley gunner

Last Week

On our way down to Cal. last Thursday, stopped in DesMoines to get some ice and fuel up. Went into the store The Market, nice place, I thought it was similar to The Market's up here. But quickly realized that it was a cool little Mexican style Market.

So it was a good thing I could muddle through a few words in Spanish. Asked where the ice was, and when paying the cashier asked about my pistola. I asked "Donde' es tuyo" (Where's yours), he told me he knows how to use them, but doesn't have one. I muddled in spanish again that every person should have one, he agreed, shook my hand all smiles.

Just another postive OC encounter.

OrangeIsTrouble

So it was a good thing I could muddle through a few words in Spanish. Asked where the ice was, and when paying the cashier asked about my pistola. I asked "Donde' es tuyo" (Where's yours), he told me he knows how to use them, but doesn't have one. I muddled in spanish again that every person should have one, he agreed, shook my hand all smiles.

I like that reply, although I'll stick to my english; barely able to speak that already.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
On our way down to Cal. last Thursday, stopped in DesMoines to get some ice and fuel up. Went into the store The Market, nice place, I thought it was similar to The Market's up here. But quickly realized that it was a cool little Mexican style Market.

Is DesMoines in the US? If so, why did you have to speak Spanish? BTW don't call me racist, I was married to a Mexican that immigrated the proper way.

sudden valley gunner

Is DesMoines in the US? If so, why did you have to speak Spanish? BTW don't call me racist, I was married to a Mexican that immigrated the proper way.

I didn't have to I could have done all the transactions, not speaking at all.

I could tell he didn't speak English, and used the opportunity to practice my poor Spanish. And hopefully leave him with a positive outlook an a gun wearing mostly white guy. :lol:

sudden valley gunner

I like that reply, although I'll stick to my english; barely able to speak that already.

I used to speak Spanish fairly decently when I was younger, I really can't much at all now.

I always have been interested in folks languages, and try to learn a few words if I am going to be in contact with. It is a great ice breaker and can break down some "cultural prejeduces"(?) and make things easier for some who may themselves be pre judging you. Just need to be able to laugh at yourself when they laugh at your butchering of their native tongue.

decklin

Over the past week I have carried in a number of places. Walmart in Auburn, Albertson's in south Auburn, Petsmart in Fed. Way, South Hill Mall, Walmart in South Hill, Bruce Titus Subaru in Tacoma but won't be going back there for other reasons, French Lake Dog Park in Fed Way, and the dog beach at Chambers Bay in Tacoma. I know there are other places but I can't think of what they are. I have been cc'ing for about 6 years and have just recently been oc'ing. So far have not had any problems.

decklin

This past weekend I oc'd at the Shari's in South Hill with no problems. Today I also OC'd at the Bonney Lake Dog Park, the Top Foods in Lakeland Hills, and Mike Scarff Subaru in Auburn. I think maybe only one person even noticed the gun.