• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
9/7 Federal Way and NE Tacoma

Out with Deros, looking at his new place with his new landlord. Neither his landlord(she is about 85), landlord's son in law, or daughter said a word about two armed men visiting their place to sign paperwork. Yes they know we are 2A advocates....

Needed to stop by Wall Mart in Federal Way to get Deros' glasses fixed up....

KFC on HWY 99 for a later dinner....

Again, not much to report as we went about our business with little fanfare....

I see eyeballs usually checking us out, but nothing crazy, I hope it just let's people see that gun owners are regular guys that go about their daily business with no harm and a smile.

view from Jim's new place....

307678_1489071123246_1728023493_763158_2140044_n.jpg

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I was in the checkout line at the Lacey Winco when I heard a small boy in line behind me say:
"Dad, he has gun"
Dad: "I'm sure he has a permit for it"
Me: "You don't need a permit to OC" (His wife agreeing)
Kid: "Are you an undercover COP?"
Me: "No, but if I were I would be a total failure."
All: Laugh
Anyway it was a nice little interaction with that family.
Another guy in the freezer section got my attention and tapped his side to indicate my gun and asked if I was LEO. "Nope ordinary citizen just like you."

Last edited:

Schlepnier

I went outside my normal routine today, headed up north into seattle. hit Uwajimaya shopping center and kinokuniya book store as well as showed a buddy of mine around the international district while we were both OCing. spent about an hour and a half with no commments or even any noticable reaction. although i did have a flyer on hand just in case i needed to educate my fellow citizens.

tony d tiger

Hey - I was also there today! 8^)

I was in the checkout line at the Lacey Winco when I heard a small boy in line behind me say:
"Dad, he has gun"
Dad: "I'm sure he has a permit for it"
Me: "You don't need a permit to OC" (His wife agreeing)
Kid: "Are you an undercover COP?"
Me: "No, but if I were I would be a total failure."
All: Laugh
Anyway it was a nice little interaction with that family.
Another guy in the freezer section got my attention and tapped his side to indicate my gun and asked if I was LEO. "Nope ordinary citizen just like you."

Stopped to BS w/a guy over by the bagels - conversation started simple enuff w/hello's and when he asked "Is that a Colt" it progressed through calibers and range use to "is that legal?" and a discussion of when/if a CPL is required. Productive encounter!

BTW - thank you Open Carry dot org for providing a simple forum where folks can learn from others!

Last edited:

Lovenox

SafeWay Yelm Highway...I think I am gonna quit posting on Safeway cause I think they are use to me by now...:)

tony d tiger

Yamaha MotorSports Of Olympia, Nisqually Chevron and Cabela's yesterday.
Sportsman's Warehouse today - along with several other places in & around Lacey (Bavarian Corner restaurant, Fred Meyer's, Yamaha MotorSports again... probably a few other's I'm not rememberin')...

Gal in Cabela's (a customer) was tickled pink to see someone sportin' a gun... her hubby had to explain it was "perfectly legal" (overheard) - I swung around to talk with them for a minute - nice folk. Some other folks downstairs (I'm shopping around for some lightweight rain gear) and I had a long conversation on guns, homebrew and the difference in weather between here and San Diego (where they had moved from). That one started off with "You DO know the hammer is cocked on your pistol, there, right?" To which I replied "Yep, and a couple safeties engaged too."

Cub Scout outside of the Sportsman's Warehouse asked if I was a cop - "Nope, just a citizen" I told him. His mom asked what was that on my belt - "Not your sidearm - the other side?" :) Oh - two magazines for the pistol... I think they were more interested in the Gerber "Shard" on my keyring than anything else. :D

Dude in Fred Myer's commented as I walked by - "Nice money on the belt, yo." ...what do ya' say to that one?! LOL I gave him a thumb's up and kept on going.

jt59

Let's see,...virtually everywhere now...in the last 2 weeks>

Dr Ed Corely, Chiroprator for a new set of inserts for my shoes (really, really work)...
Wells Fargo in Safeway on 72 and pacific (or Yakima), Wells Fargo on bridgeport an 27th, BECU o n Bridgeport and 40th, BOA on South Tacoma Way, our joint, shop on 74th an south tacoma way that I share with a couple of guys, (heard there was a shooting there recenly.), Safeways, Albertsons, burger shop around the corner from Starbucks on 56th an South tacoma way... Chambers creek walk, Albertsons, the Ram, the liquor store on 19th and also on Pearl in North End.

This weekend went camping up to Knasket=Palmer state park on the Green river. Good time, fishing, hiking.....fishing down on the green for rainbow, the Gal ranger finally wanders buy an started to ask what I was carrying, "Kimber" says I...and she asked a few follow on ques' on caliber, accuracy, and how she had never shot one. Anyway, we talked a bit an I was seriously fishing.....good conversation....and then moved onto other campers. My wife and I walked the park numerous time the three days there and talked to a lot of folks, got a few qestions, nothing negative at all........and all in all a great time. The sporting good store in Enumclaw was very friendly to guns and gave a lot of good fishing info too.

This is a really great camping area on the Green river just north of Enumclaw about 9 miles, lost of spacious campsites for tenting and very well done sites for trvavel trailers. Water is availabel to fill with, but not at each site. Electricity is there for each site, but no sewer. Interesting, but we managed well for three nights and days.It could be a potential camping site for the group that is much closer and less exspensive too....it is 9 miles north out of Enumclaw.

I did run into a PCSD at the star bucks on 72nd and I -5, the day before we left....he eyed me sitting in his truck and when he came in I was going out and we passed each other. I said hi, and kept going to my truck, and he said hi, but seemed a liitle flustered. Anyway, I get into my truck and he, his and off I go.....he appears to be following me for about 4 miles, back about 5-7 car lengths, maybe to try and pimp me or speeding, or intermitant break lights, but soon enough, he bailed left and left me be.

A successful time in each outing.....

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
1911 and Defender let's go to Waddel creek before the 30th so we can run gas powered equipment! We shall OC while doing it. (gotta stay on OC topic)
Oh and anybody else that wants to join us!

Last edited:

Lovenox

Yamaha MotorSports Of Olympia, Nisqually Chevron and Cabela's yesterday.
Sportsman's Warehouse today - along with several other places in & around Lacey (Bavarian Corner restaurant, Fred Meyer's, Yamaha MotorSports again... probably a few other's I'm not rememberin')...

Gal in Cabela's (a customer) was tickled pink to see someone sportin' a gun... her hubby had to explain it was "perfectly legal" (overheard) - I swung around to talk with them for a minute - nice folk. Some other folks downstairs (I'm shopping around for some lightweight rain gear) and I had a long conversation on guns, homebrew and the difference in weather between here and San Diego (where they had moved from). That one started off with "You DO know the hammer is cocked on your pistol, there, right?" To which I replied "Yep, and a couple safeties engaged too."

Cub Scout outside of the Sportsman's Warehouse asked if I was a cop - "Nope, just a citizen" I told him. His mom asked what was that on my belt - "Not your sidearm - the other side?" :) Oh - two magazines for the pistol... I think they were more interested in the Gerber "Shard" on my keyring than anything else. :D

Dude in Fred Myer's commented as I walked by - "Nice money on the belt, yo." ...what do ya' say to that one?! LOL I gave him a thumb's up and kept on going.

Hey, bro, you brew your own beer???? BTW that Bavarian Corner resturaunt has great food.

Wobbles

Burger express on 99 in federal way. No one ran out screaming. A few other places around there also without issue

p2a1x7

I got asked if I was a "federal" when I was at the well in downtown Olympia last week. At first I was confused, then I realized that he was talking about my gun. Then he asked if it was a glock and I told him it was an XD and he walked away.

Also last week I was at McDonalds (Harrison I believe) picking something up after looking at cars (friends car got totaled). The following conversation happened:
"Whats your deal?!"
"Nothing, what's yours?"
"So you just have a gun?!"
"Yeah."
He seemed pretty angry, so I wasn't going to elaborate for him. Got food and sat down and the guy was sitting across the place looking at me really nervous. He was either afraid of me or on drugs, possibly both.

Last edited: