• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

FMCDH

Well that is a true statement.

Good job, I would of not schooled him per se, but rather inquisitively asked him about the chocolate cake law. I find asking them questions in place of schooling leads them to ponder the reality once you are done.

I prefer using the non existent "white shoelace" law myself.

(or whatever color shoelaces or shoes they happen to be wearing at the time)

It normally makes them look down at their own shoes, which is funny.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Hand him your phone, and tell him to call the police to report you. TW, you seem to have the worst luck. I go to that Winco all the time with no reaction.

TechnoWeenie

Hand him your phone, and tell him to call the police to report you. TW, you seem to have the worst luck. I go to that Winco all the time with no reaction.

He acted like an off duty cop or maybe a mall cop.. He had that 'I'm right, don't test me' attitude that most ***** cops have... don't wanna be wrong even with faced with evidence, etc.

He had what appeared to be a badge wallet that he pulled out when he pulled out his actual wallet that he promptly put back (as in, he grabbed both accidentally), but didn't open it or anything...

Last edited:

Justman1020

Ventured out, went to Lakewood town center by bus today. No issues getting on the bus...
when i got to lakewood town center, we went into the dollar store, no issues,
went into AMC, bought our movie tickets, and went into the lobby to way for them to open the theater.
a manager came over, and very rudely told me gun's were illegal.....
I proceeded to explain that gun's were not illegal, then he said well they are not allowed here, i said okay, is that an AMC policy or your policy, he told me an AMC policy, so i asked if he had a copy as there were no signs posted.
he didn't have a copy of the policy, so i asked for corporate phone number, and a complete refund. Got my money back, and left, then i proceeded to call corporate, and speak to someone, left a detailed report, and they said i would be contacted again shortly.

anyone else have an encounter at AMC?

jt59

Wells Fargo/safeway

Long lines at the Wells Fargo in Safeway on 56th and Portland (I think). Anyway, an older guy in line qued me up and asked "When you're packing like that is it ok to have it loaded?"....Do the police ever bother you?

My first thought was Kalifornian....but since we were having this conversation at the teller's window, I said, "I'll wait for you over there when your done....." Finally, he finished and came over, and we had a good chat about WA carry, both concealed and open and he proceeded to tell me his story (his wife's actually).....she has been thinking about getting a carry permit after having been held up at gun point in the bodega she manages on night shift, being car-jacked at gun point and lately how rough the neighberhood is getting (geez). His house apparently is the only one not robbed yet and he counts it largely to his three german shepards that he has in the yard.

So, I referred him to the OC site, the RCW and suggested he look in to the womens handgun training course for her, sponsored from Cabela's before she commits to actually carrying the .32 Beretta he got her.

Interesting contact for me as I have not had that curious of an individual in a while...

Last edited:

briehl12

Went to Tokyo Steakhouse in Federal Way O/C. Sat down and saw a chick looking down at my side, she then leaned over to her guy and was talking he looked over and noticed I saw them looking. He smiled I smiled back. No words, no problems. I could tell she was a bit uncomfortable, but after a while she guessed I was not a threat?

briehl12

Went to Albertson's on 15th st. in Auburn. Shopped around for a few minutes, and :lol:as I was checking out, looked to my right to see one of Auburns finest walking up. As normal has it heart started racing a bit, and she came right over to where I was. I know she saw my sidearm, and talked to the checker about a shoplifter.... Then I knew I was in the clear... Later in the day went to Topfoods off of Auburn way N. and I was with my 2 kids. I saw some guy talking on his cell walking by me slowly, and as I was heading to the bathroom, saw he was posted near the bathroom I could hear him say "yea thought I had a shoplifter" he kept following me throughout my visit, but nothing was said to me at all. Had to say uneventfull.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
1/28 SouthCenter

Men's Warehouse.... clearance deals!

I stopped in to do some clothes shopping, they have great customer service!

Albertson's in Milton

Did some banking and shopping.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Kent Police

I must share this...

I received a letter that the Kent PD recovered a stolen firearm... so I set up an appt to pick it up.

I go to the Kent PD, OC of course, and go into the lobby. In the lobby the employees are behind bullet proof glass.

I tell her I am here to pick up the recovered firearm, and am asked for ID to pick it up. You see, they need ID to run a criminal check on me before I can take possession. Never mind, that I am OC in the lobby. Never mind I have a FFL in hand....

Anyways, they run the check and off I go.... then to call the ATF to make sure the firearm is removed from e-trace.

Vitaeus

I must share this...

I received a letter that the Kent PD recovered a stolen firearm... so I set up an appt to pick it up.

I go to the Kent PD, OC of course, and go into the lobby. In the lobby the employees are behind bullet proof glass.

I tell her I am here to pick up the recovered firearm, and am asked for ID to pick it up. You see, they need ID to run a criminal check on me before I can take possession. Never mind, that I am OC in the lobby. Never mind I have a FFL in hand....

Anyways, they run the check and off I go.... then to call the ATF to make sure the firearm is removed from e-trace.

Not a FFL holder so I am just asking for clarification, the recovered weapon is listed as the property of you or the FFL? If it is to you wouldn't you want to prove that it is yours? If it is connected to the FFL that does seem silly, or could you have sent an "employee" to get it? I am not a gun dealer if this is a silly question.

decklin

Went into the Shell next to the Supermall to grab something to drink. I got up to the counter and the clerk looks at me, puts his hands in the air and says, "Don't Shoot!"
Sigh..... That joke just never gets old. He asked my what make it was and was very polite. Just a poor sense of humor.
Then it was off to Tacoma Boys in Puyallup for steaks. Once again they were very helpful and no one batted an eye.

briehl12

2-1-2012 O/C into Sound Credit Union, no problems. Then on to Albertsons on 15th again. No problems. Then into Kent DMV No problems at all. Had one guy say he works for the company that makes paddle holsters... so he thinks? Into Starbuks near Algona. Is was a great day.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Walmart Federal Way

Stopped by Walmart with Deros yesterday. Upon entering we looked around for the section we were interested in and while doing so a plain clothes security officer came up and asked if we were looking for anyone in particular. "No, just the ....section" He thought we might be police, but we explained we were not. Then he let us know to have a good shopping trip and if anyone gave us a problem to let him know and he would set them straight. He was cool with firearms and then pointed to his ball cap, a "Springfield Armory" cap.