• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why my gun scares people

Ruger9mm

imported post

My handgun, openly carried on my side, isn’t what really scares you. You know that my gun, lawfully carried in its holster, will never harm you. Yet you find it necessary to give me dirty looks, make snide comments, or question my manhood because I choose to carry a gun. Why is that? Is it because my gun is a harsh look in the mirror for you? A stark reminder that while you pretend to live in a civilized society the truth is that barbarians still exist. A reminder that when the lawless come calling all that stands between them and the ones you love is a worthless piece of paper and ink. That when violence erupts in your perfect little world you will have to pick up a phone, dial three numbers and summon men with guns like mine to stop that violence. Except that in your heart you know those law enforcement officers can’t undo that violence. That all they can do is arrest those who broke the law, leaving you to deal with the aftermath, the terror and the damage that the lawless caused. So you work to pass more laws, more worthless words on paper, knowing that it won’t stop the barbarians but will keep me from carrying that gun. That harsh reminder of your own inadequacies.

How about thanking me instead. While you can’t see into the minds of the evil around you, know that they too can see my openly carried gun. Know that as long as I am near they will keep their violence in check. That they fear my gun even more than you do, because while it will never harm you, they know without a doubt that I will use it to end their violence forever. That unlike law enforcement my gun isn’t carried to enforce the law but to prevent it from being broken in the first place. That when I meet violence I can respond with deadly and lethal force. That without hesitation I stand ready to defend myself and those around me from the lawless in our society. While I respect your decision not to stand ready, please respect my decision to always be ready, willing and able to keep the wolves at bay. If you can’t manage a thank you a simple smile and nod will do.

We-the-People

imported post

If that's your original words, I'd love permission to use it myself for promotion of the cause. If it's not yours, if you could point me to where it came from. Here or in PM.

Thanks.

We-the-People

imported post

Ruger9mm wrote:
We the people- It's mine and feel free to use it anytime.
I thank you for the permission and on my return from Germany will probably try to incorporate it into the handouts I give to inquiring young minds when they see me carrying my empty holster on campus in protest of the illegal (here in Oregon) school "rules" that deny me my second amendment and Oregon constitution and state law recognition of my RIGHT to keep and bear arms.

GSXRrider

imported post

Wait, you mean the gun free zones aren't safe either?! I thought those signs really worked....

I noticed a couple of you are in beaverton. I'm in the beaverton/aloha area. I've never seen anybody open carry except at one pawn shop.

Ruger9mm

imported post

Waiting on my CHL before I carry in Beaverton. Don't see the point in carrying an empty gun due to Beaverton's city code.

Reverend45Cal

imported post

I been carrying open all over Aloha and hillsboro, have not really been to Beaverton as of late, and when i did few weeks ago i was opening carrying into a gun shop and it was funny this old guy turns around and says "see hes open carrying". and the guy replies "oh i guess so".

I had to chuckle.

Ruger9mm

imported post

I think I saw you in Pet-smart a few weeks ago. Revolver in a black leather belt slide holster?