• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bad News:NH Legislative Facilities Committee voted today to ban firearms in the NH State House

doobie

imported post

The NH Legislative Facilities Committee voted today to ban firearms in the NH State House.

I'm working on a press release but here's what it looks like so far:

This is a Joint Committee, and members are:

Sylvia Larsen
Terie Norelli
Margaret Hassan
Mary Jane Wallner
Peter Bragdon
Sherman Packard
Lou D'Allesandro
Marjorie Smith
Daniel Eaton
Gene Chandler
Martha Fuller Clark
Sheila Roberge

The Joint Facilities committee just passed by an 8-3 vote (party lines)
the following regulation on the State House:

"No person, except for law enforcement personnel in active duty, shall
carry a firearm or other dangerous or deadly weapon or an explosive,
openly or concealed, while inside the State House, the Legislative
Office Building, the Upham Walker House, or any of the underground
tunnels connected to these buildings. Law enforcement personnel, when
requested by State House security staff, must produce sufficient
identification establishing their status as law enforcement personnel."

Spread this far and wide. After the Democrats got crushed on this issue
in the legislative process they are passing it through the back door. No
one seems to know how this will be enforced.

Start spreading the word to our people...

tito887

imported post

doobie you are really on the ball with getting this info out. We need an act of civil dis. This wens?

doobie

imported post

Shall we say 3pm at the statehouse on Wednesday to protest the passage? OCing inside and outside of course....

Thundar

imported post

Wow, that was a really dumb rule to make. Howwould/could this be enforced? Looks like NH needs a preemption clause that covers state legislative committee rule making.

I've moved to Virginia and it isn't much better there. You need a government permission slip (Concealed Handgun Permit) to open carry there.

I know this nonsense will produce some great videos on the Ridley report.:celebrate

doobie

imported post

My guess asking you to leave and if you don't arresting you for contempt of congress...

doobie

imported post

Start barraging the Speaker's Office 603-271-3661 and the President's Office 603-271-2111 to complain against the dangerous weapon ban.

suntzu

imported post

Thundar wrote:
I've moved to Virginia and it isn't much better there. You need a government permission slip (Concealed Handgun Permit) to open carry there.
Since when do you need a concealed weapons permit to OC in Virginia? Virginia is a state that allows OC without a permit--or it was the last time I checked.

Tosta Dojen

imported post

suntzu wrote:
Thundar wrote:
Since when do you need a concealed weapons permit to OC in Virginia? Virginia is a state that allows OC without a permit--or it was the last time I checked.
He's probably referring to the Virginia Capitol. By decree of the Joint Rules Committee, a person who does not have a concealed handgun permit is not allowed entry while in possession of a firearm, regardless of whether the firearm is concealed or openly displayed.