Thread: Found at IKEA

Post imported post

Just finished breakfast at IKEA on Saturday morning and found this.

Although, I just got rid of my Kimber and got a Glock...

Quickpost this image to Myspace, Digg, Facebook, and others!" ALT="">

Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Post imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
    sinner!

Post imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
    Welcome to the DARK SIDE!

Post imported post

My only sin was selling my G22 to get a kimber years ago. I have now attoned for that sin. Lo, though i walk through the valley of death, i shall never purchase a kimber again, for the valley is full of mine enemies, and only the trumpet of mine Glock shall dispatch them without failing. And the Lord saw that he had made the righteous decision, and said that it was good. Amen
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

Post imported post

I don't know what all this talk is about selling guns. They are for collecting not selling. I have never bought a "bad" gun I have glocks, XDs, 1911s, HKs and many more, they are like my children and I love them all equally. You people should be ashamed of yourselves:Poh, and...... BLASPHEMER ( not about the prayer....just the glock over a 1911 part)

Post imported post

sempercarry wrote:
    I don't know what all this talk is about selling guns. They are for collecting not selling. I have never bought a "bad" gun I have glocks, XDs, 1911s, HKs and many more, they are like my children and I love them all equally.
    Ditto! Deep down I might love my 1911's a little more though...just don't tell the others.

Post imported post

Hope you didnt carry into ikea. They have a sign at the front door stating now weapons

Post imported post

What they don't know doesn't hurt them. I'm not breaking any laws, so...

I'm sure not leaving my gun in my truck to get stolen from their parking garage.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Post imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
    My only sin was selling my G22 to get a kimber years ago. I have now attoned for that sin. Lo, though i walk through the valley of death, i shall never purchase a kimber again, for the valley is full of mine enemies, and only the trumpet of mine Glock shall dispatch them without failing. And the Lord saw that he had made the righteous decision, and said that it was good. Amen
    Kimbers really aren't that great. RIA makes a better gun for several hundred dollars less. Springfield Armory, too. If you really, desperately want to pay $800, Colt and Springfield have better offerings in that bracket, too.

Anybody who judges the 1911 pattern by what Kimber spews out needs to try other 1911s.

Plastic mainspring housings? Insufficient extractor tension? Poor mags? Mags + slide lock don't work together 100%?

Yeah, definitely not the be all and end all of 1911s.

Post imported post

I found this out the hard way. I think I paid $1000 for my Kimber 5 years ago. That piece of crap couldn't feed a full magazine through without stopping up. If I ever get another 1911 it won't be a Kimber.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Post imported post

Kimbers and Taurus Millenium pro were the most frequent "send back for repair" guns we sold.

Post imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
    I found this out the hard way.* I think I paid $1000 for my Kimber 5 years ago.* That piece of crap couldn't feed a full magazine through without stopping up.* If I ever get another 1911 it won't be a Kimber.*
    It's a shame, really. I kind of feel like Kimber has done harm to the legacy of JMB. :?

I dunno how they ever got the brand recognition they have today, but that's how they get people to shell out $1000 (!) for a 1911.

I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. In the future, expect to pay LESS than than $450 for a good, functional 1911, and four digits only if you want a custom safe queen.

Post imported post

From what I understand, Kimber started out as a smaller shop that actually made custom 1911's. Their reputation was good becaust they made good, custom guns. Now they cut the corners and mass produce while still claiming to be "custom" guns. This experience did not make a 1911 hater out of me. I still love them. They are the best looking pistols ever IMO. Sure, they take a little extra care to keep running, but the design is proven.

Remember the movie Ronin, with Robert DeNero? Durring a scene when the guys were all telling one guy what kind of gun they wanted, DeNero's character said he wanted a 1911. The SAS A-hole guy said, "Old gun...". DeNero's character said, "It's served my country well.." . To which the SAS guy had no reply.

Right now, the gun fund is a little low. I'm sure someday I'll get another 1911. Until then, my new Glock 21SF will do just fine. At least I feel like I can trust my life to it, not like I felt with that Kimber...
    Certified Glock Armorer

Post imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
    Remember the movie Ronin, with Robert DeNero?* Durring a scene when the guys were all telling one guy what kind of gun they wanted, DeNero's character said he wanted a 1911.* The SAS A-hole guy said, "Old gun..."*.* DeNero's character said, "It's served my country well.." .* To which the SAS guy had no reply.
    Yeah, that was definitely one of the cool aspects of that movie (some of the actual gunfights, however, could have used some "attention to detail"). I pretty much like any character who carries a 1911. :P