• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Found at IKEA

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Just finished breakfast at IKEA on Saturday morning and found this. :dude:

glogg.th.jpg

Although, I just got rid of my Kimber and got a Glock...:cool:

Quickpost this image to Myspace, Digg, Facebook, and others!" ALT="">

SpyderTattoo

imported post

My only sin was selling my G22 to get a kimber years ago. I have now attoned for that sin. Lo, though i walk through the valley of death, i shall never purchase a kimber again, for the valley is full of mine enemies, and only the trumpet of mine Glock shall dispatch them without failing. And the Lord saw that he had made the righteous decision, and said that it was good. Amen

sempercarry

imported post

I don't know what all this talk is about selling guns. They are for collecting not selling. I have never bought a "bad" gun I have glocks, XDs, 1911s, HKs and many more, they are like my children and I love them all equally. You people should be ashamed of yourselves:poh, and...... BLASPHEMER ( not about the prayer....just the glock over a 1911 part)

Nosrac

imported post

sempercarry wrote:
I don't know what all this talk is about selling guns. They are for collecting not selling. I have never bought a "bad" gun I have glocks, XDs, 1911s, HKs and many more, they are like my children and I love them all equally.
Ditto! Deep down I might love my 1911's a little more though...just don't tell the others.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

What they don't know doesn't hurt them. I'm not breaking any laws, so... :dude:

I'm sure not leaving my gun in my truck to get stolen from their parking garage.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
My only sin was selling my G22 to get a kimber years ago. I have now attoned for that sin. Lo, though i walk through the valley of death, i shall never purchase a kimber again, for the valley is full of mine enemies, and only the trumpet of mine Glock shall dispatch them without failing. And the Lord saw that he had made the righteous decision, and said that it was good. Amen
Kimbers really aren't that great. RIA makes a better gun for several hundred dollars less. Springfield Armory, too. If you really, desperately want to pay $800, Colt and Springfield have better offerings in that bracket, too.

Anybody who judges the 1911 pattern by what Kimber spews out needs to try other 1911s.

Plastic mainspring housings? Insufficient extractor tension? Poor mags? Mags + slide lock don't work together 100%?

Yeah, definitely not the be all and end all of 1911s.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

I found this out the hard way. I think I paid $1000 for my Kimber 5 years ago. That piece of crap couldn't feed a full magazine through without stopping up. If I ever get another 1911 it won't be a Kimber.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Kimbers and Taurus Millenium pro were the most frequent "send back for repair" guns we sold.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
I found this out the hard way.  I think I paid $1000 for my Kimber 5 years ago.  That piece of crap couldn't feed a full magazine through without stopping up.  If I ever get another 1911 it won't be a Kimber. 
It's a shame, really. I kind of feel like Kimber has done harm to the legacy of JMB. :?

I dunno how they ever got the brand recognition they have today, but that's how they get people to shell out $1000 (!) for a 1911.

I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. In the future, expect to pay LESS than than $450 for a good, functional 1911, and four digits only if you want a custom safe queen.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

From what I understand, Kimber started out as a smaller shop that actually made custom 1911's. Their reputation was good becaust they made good, custom guns. Now they cut the corners and mass produce while still claiming to be "custom" guns. This experience did not make a 1911 hater out of me. I still love them. They are the best looking pistols ever IMO. Sure, they take a little extra care to keep running, but the design is proven.

Remember the movie Ronin, with Robert DeNero? Durring a scene when the guys were all telling one guy what kind of gun they wanted, DeNero's character said he wanted a 1911. The SAS A-hole guy said, "Old gun...". DeNero's character said, "It's served my country well.." . To which the SAS guy had no reply.

Right now, the gun fund is a little low. I'm sure someday I'll get another 1911. Until then, my new Glock 21SF will do just fine. At least I feel like I can trust my life to it, not like I felt with that Kimber...

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
Remember the movie Ronin, with Robert DeNero?  Durring a scene when the guys were all telling one guy what kind of gun they wanted, DeNero's character said he wanted a 1911.  The SAS A-hole guy said, "Old gun..." .  DeNero's character said, "It's served my country well.." .  To which the SAS guy had no reply.
Yeah, that was definitely one of the cool aspects of that movie (some of the actual gunfights, however, could have used some "attention to detail"). I pretty much like any character who carries a 1911. :p