Thread: Murders Fell 10 Percent in First Half of 2009, FBI Says

Post imported post

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

The professor said there are several possible explanations, including that extended unemployment benefits and other government attempts at economic stimulus "have cushioned and delayed for many people the big blows that come from a recession."
    Everyone knows the real reason why early 2009 (and late 2008) had lower crime... And government isn't the answer.

Post imported post

Crime fell and Assault Weapons are legal!

Hmmmm.....
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
    Crime fell and Assault Weapons are legal!

Hmmmm.....
    at least someone out there knows why

http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives...t-crime-drops/

Post imported post

Over 12 Million, that's right, OVER 12 MILLION, NICS checks in 2009 through November 30th (12,626,669 to be exact). Only July was below 1 million with 966,162.

Source: http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/nics/nics_checks_total.pdf

There have only been 740,712 denials from November 1998 through November 2009, roughly 67,000 per year.

Source: http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/nics/denials.pdf

Assuming an average number of denials, that means there have been well over 12.5 million firearms sold in 2009 as of the end of November. If guns cause people to kill we ought to be about knee deep in blood by now. It'll be interesting to see how the lamestream media tries to dodge these numbers.

IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

Post imported post

Yeah, because of Roe V. Wade.

Oh, probably not the answer you were looking for...

Post imported post

grishnav wrote:

Sadly I don't think that covers post birth abortion.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

grishnav wrote:

That may have been the reason for crime falling in mid '90's unfortunately I see a huge upturn in single mothers so I doubt that is the reason now.

Huge increase in CPL and firearm sales last year very well may be the reason for fallen crime rates but is too early for economist to figure that out yet.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    grishnav wrote:

That may have been the reason for crime falling in mid '90's unfortunately I see a huge upturn in single mothers so I doubt that is the reason now.

Huge increase in CPL and firearm sales last year very well may be the reason for fallen crime rates but is too early for economist to figure that out yet.
    Aren't the professionals always the last people to figure ANYTHING out? By the time they announce anything as though it's some amazing new groundbreaking fact it's a huge "duh!" from anyone who hears the "news."

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

kito109654 wrote:
    grishnav wrote:

Aren't the professionals always the last people to figure ANYTHING out? By the time they announce anything as though it's some amazing new groundbreaking fact it's a huge "duh!" from anyone who hears the "news."
    +1 but how else are they going to waste tax money for grants to study and prove the obvious.

I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

kito109654 wrote:
    grishnav wrote:

+1 but how else are they going to waste tax money for grants to study and prove the obvious.
    That's the problem we should let them figure out...unpaid.

Post imported post

kito109654 wrote:
    grishnav wrote:

That's the problem we should let them figure out...unpaid.