• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Murders Fell 10 Percent in First Half of 2009, FBI Says

swatspyder

imported post

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580777,00.html?test=latestnews

The professor said there are several possible explanations, including that extended unemployment benefits and other government attempts at economic stimulus "have cushioned and delayed for many people the big blows that come from a recession."

Everyone knows the real reason why early 2009 (and late 2008) had lower crime... And government isn't the answer.

Lammo

imported post

Over 12 Million, that's right, OVER 12 MILLION, NICS checks in 2009 through November 30th (12,626,669 to be exact). Only July was below 1 million with 966,162.

Source: http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/nics/nics_checks_total.pdf

There have only been 740,712 denials from November 1998 through November 2009, roughly 67,000 per year.

Source: http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/nics/denials.pdf

Assuming an average number of denials, that means there have been well over 12.5 million firearms sold in 2009 as of the end of November. If guns cause people to kill we ought to be about knee deep in blood by now. It'll be interesting to see how the lamestream media tries to dodge these numbers.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

grishnav wrote:
Yeah, because of Roe V. Wade.

Oh, probably not the answer you were looking for...

That may have been the reason for crime falling in mid '90's unfortunately I see a huge upturn in single mothers so I doubt that is the reason now.

Huge increase in CPL and firearm sales last year very well may be the reason for fallen crime rates but is too early for economist to figure that out yet.

kito109654

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
grishnav wrote:

That may have been the reason for crime falling in mid '90's unfortunately I see a huge upturn in single mothers so I doubt that is the reason now.

Huge increase in CPL and firearm sales last year very well may be the reason for fallen crime rates but is too early for economist to figure that out yet.
Aren't the professionals always the last people to figure ANYTHING out? By the time they announce anything as though it's some amazing new groundbreaking fact it's a huge "duh!" from anyone who hears the "news."

sudden valley gunner

imported post

kito109654 wrote:
grishnav wrote:

Aren't the professionals always the last people to figure ANYTHING out? By the time they announce anything as though it's some amazing new groundbreaking fact it's a huge "duh!" from anyone who hears the "news."
+1 but how else are they going to waste tax money for grants to study and prove the obvious.

kito109654

imported post

kito109654 wrote:
grishnav wrote:

+1 but how else are they going to waste tax money for grants to study and prove the obvious.
That's the problem we should let them figure out...unpaid.

kito109654

imported post

kito109654 wrote:
grishnav wrote:

That's the problem we should let them figure out...unpaid.