Thread: Local gunsmiths

Post imported post

I don't know if this has ever been asked but does anyone know any good local gunsmiths. I'm looking to have my sights changed on my M&P and don't want to mail it out.

Post imported post

Not sure what kind of swap you're looking at doing, but most sight swaps are pretty easy. I don't have my M&P in front of me, but I believe they are just a simple Novak style cut which shouldn't require much in the way of tools or training to replace.

Post imported post

I know a guy who has done excellent work for me. I bought a pistol for my wife and it needed some feed ramp "clean up" He had it done in 24 hours during the Thanks Giving Holiday weekend. I figured for what he needed to do and being a holiday weekend it would be pricier then what he charged me...$30.00. If you want his name & number PM me. I am not sure how he would feel me putting his name and number on here.
    Only two have offered their lives for you. A Soldier and Jesus....

Post imported post

SlowDog wrote:
    I know a guy who has done excellent work for me. I bought a pistol for my wife and it needed some feed ramp "clean up" He had it done in 24 hours during the Thanks Giving Holiday weekend. I figured for what he needed to do and being a holiday weekend it would be pricier then what he charged me...$30.00. If you want his name & number PM me. I am not sure how he would feel me putting his name and number on here.
    You need to tell him this is a good place to advertise.It's good business.
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Banned

Post imported post

The only gunsmith I know of has a sign posted that says all firearms repaired will be held for 30 or 90 days, I forgot which.

Is this a law?

I have only one pistol, and no way to be able to afford another, so having it tied up for more than a couple of days is unacceptible.

Post imported post

The one I use had my wife's Pistol back in 24 hours. So, no it is not a law they have to hold them.
    Only two have offered their lives for you. A Soldier and Jesus....

Post imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
    The only gunsmith I know of has a sign posted that says all firearms repaired will be held for 30 or 90 days, I forgot which.

Is this a law?

I have only one pistol, and no way to be able to afford another, so having it tied up for more than a couple of days is unacceptible.
    Are you sure he doesn't mean yo uonly have that long to pick up once work is complete before he sells them?

Banned

Post imported post

lechwe wrote:
    stainless1911 wrote:

Is this a law?

Are you sure he doesn't mean yo uonly have that long to pick up once work is complete before he sells them?
    Hmmm, I bet thats it.:?

MOC Charter Member - Dearborn Heights, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

He is a sponsor at GUNBOARDS.COM

We are located in Farmington Hills Michigan For questions please call. if no answer please leave a message and the best time to call you back in your time zone, 248-888-1005 or EMAIL for info and pricing.

Post imported post

Hampel's in Traverse City, and Great Guns in Acme. Both excellent.

Post imported post

Todd has done several jobs for me. Great guy to deal with. 31 Mile & Van Dyke area. Email is best way to contact him. He's a sole proprietor.

http://www.customizedcreationz.com/home.html

Post imported post

I know this is no help to the OP but for those in the SW corner there is a very good gunsmith in Lawrence at K&D Arms. He has reasonable prices and if he screws up he fixes on his dime. He is proud of his work and from what I have seen of it he has reason to be.

He also builds custom sniper rifles and benchrest rifles.

http://www.kdarms.com/Services.html
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

I know that some sight manufacturers will install the sights. Usually all you need to send them is the slide which can be sent through the Post Office relatively inexpensively.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

Sorry I haven't responded sooner, been crazy with the holiday.

Thanks to all the responses.

CV67PAT wrote:
    Todd has done several jobs for me. Great guy to deal with. 31 Mile & Van Dyke area. Email is best way to contact him. He's a sole proprietor.

http://www.customizedcreationz.com/home.html
    You know I have seen his work but never knew he was in Michigan, lol. Thanks for the link.