• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local gunsmiths

MrBfromD

imported post

I don't know if this has ever been asked but does anyone know any good local gunsmiths. I'm looking to have my sights changed on my M&P and don't want to mail it out.

sevenplusone

imported post

Not sure what kind of swap you're looking at doing, but most sight swaps are pretty easy. I don't have my M&P in front of me, but I believe they are just a simple Novak style cut which shouldn't require much in the way of tools or training to replace.

SlowDog

imported post

I know a guy who has done excellent work for me. I bought a pistol for my wife and it needed some feed ramp "clean up" He had it done in 24 hours during the Thanks Giving Holiday weekend. I figured for what he needed to do and being a holiday weekend it would be pricier then what he charged me...$30.00. If you want his name & number PM me. I am not sure how he would feel me putting his name and number on here.

Haman J.T.

imported post

SlowDog wrote:
I know a guy who has done excellent work for me. I bought a pistol for my wife and it needed some feed ramp "clean up" He had it done in 24 hours during the Thanks Giving Holiday weekend. I figured for what he needed to do and being a holiday weekend it would be pricier then what he charged me...$30.00. If you want his name & number PM me. I am not sure how he would feel me putting his name and number on here.
You need to tell him this is a good place to advertise.It's good business.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

The only gunsmith I know of has a sign posted that says all firearms repaired will be held for 30 or 90 days, I forgot which.

Is this a law?

I have only one pistol, and no way to be able to afford another, so having it tied up for more than a couple of days is unacceptible.

lechwe

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
The only gunsmith I know of has a sign posted that says all firearms repaired will be held for 30 or 90 days, I forgot which.

Is this a law?

I have only one pistol, and no way to be able to afford another, so having it tied up for more than a couple of days is unacceptible.
Are you sure he doesn't mean yo uonly have that long to pick up once work is complete before he sells them?

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

lechwe wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:

Is this a law?

Are you sure he doesn't mean yo uonly have that long to pick up once work is complete before he sells them?

Hmmm, I bet thats it.:?

ISMOID

MOC Charter Member - Dearborn Heights, Michigan, U
imported post

He is a sponsor at GUNBOARDS.COM

Global%20fix.JPG

We are located in Farmington Hills Michigan For questions please call. if no answer please leave a message and the best time to call you back in your time zone, 248-888-1005 or EMAIL for info and pricing.

Bronson

imported post

I know that some sight manufacturers will install the sights. Usually all you need to send them is the slide which can be sent through the Post Office relatively inexpensively.

Bronson

MrBfromD

imported post

Sorry I haven't responded sooner, been crazy with the holiday.

Thanks to all the responses.

CV67PAT wrote:
Todd has done several jobs for me. Great guy to deal with. 31 Mile & Van Dyke area. Email is best way to contact him. He's a sole proprietor.

http://www.customizedcreationz.com/home.html

You know I have seen his work but never knew he was in Michigan, lol. Thanks for the link.