Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another officer involved shooting.....

Post imported post

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/80232017.html

Story is updated. Officer died at hospital.

Kent Mundell was taken off life support Monday afternoon at Harborview Medical Center, officials said. He was 44.
    There is no god damn excuse for domestic violence. The suspect paid the price with his life. Unfortunately so did an officer responding to the call.

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

Post imported post

I have a feeling we are going to see arise in police shootings in 2010

Post imported post

Edited: See OP.

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Post imported post

TY Poo for the info,

- This is horrible news. The bad guys really need to be dealt with in short order or things are gonna get ugly. The more chaos they create, the braver they will become, and the more dangerous for the innocent, the protectors, and everyone on the good side.

Bat

~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

Most of this is on the media, when criminals see all the stations covering this and that, and bringing up this and that, showing all these people hurt and bringing up the past, they start to see how much of an effect they would make if they do things like this. This was a DV call (from what PCS spokesman believes), so this person was already pumped up, I don't blame the police for being so jumpy so much of the time. That's why I give the utmost respect to officers when I encounter them, until they start giving attitude and prove that they don't respect power.

Post imported post

Two Deputies in critical condition in response to a DV call north of Eatonville. One taken to Harborview.
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

And my friends like to question why I feel I need to carry a gun...

I tell them to read the news, and ask "Why WOULDN'T I feel the need to carry a gun?"

If the criminal scum that plagues our society isn't afraid to shoot police officers, why wouldn't they be afraid to harm civilians?
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Post imported post

This is NOT good, NOT GOOD AT ALL for everyone!! I am listening to Ed Troyer speak right now and it almost sounds like it was another "ambush" type encounter.

• Not good for police because they are going to be more trigger happy (and justifiably so) and there is going to be lawsuits and also a tough time finding qualified men and women to take on this tough job.
    • Not good for law abiding citizens because this event is just going to add MORE fodder to the gun-grabbers agenda and how we need to remove ALL guns and remove them now -- for the children's safety of course.
    This is going to end up being a time where we as "responsible" citizens need to take our responsibility up some major notches.

• Maintain a high state of Situation Awareness. Keep an eye on everything that is going on. BE CAREFUL out there to avoid potential situations BEFORE they happen.
    • Keep you wits about you if and when you are confronted. If you have to raise your voice, keep your demeanor calm (I know this can be easier to say than do.)
    • The great men and women in law enforcement put their lives on the line each day. If you are pulled over, confronted, stopped -- show them the respect that they deserve. Even if they show some attitude -- give them a little slack, they are under tremendous amount of pressure these days.
    With what is going on, the policemay be MUCH more trigger happy in order to protect themselves from any potential attacks. If and when we decide to OC or CC, there could be an increased potential for shoot first, ask questions later --

Post imported post

Info update for you guys. Sgt and Dep shot, both had families. One shot in neck. Both in critical, both airlifted to hospitals.

Called to DV. One male retreated upstairs and got a gun. Second male opened door for police, when shooting commenced.

Shooting suspect dead.

Post imported post

I just started this map for police involved shootings in Washington State.
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...128d75&z=9

The Pierce County Sheriff's Office says the suspect, David E. Crable, was convicted in June for displaying a weapon with the intent to intimidate. He has been arrested multiple times for domestic violence. He was last arrested by Pierce County Sheriff's Deputies on November 14 for DUI.

There were multiple protection orders against him. One of those restraining orders was for his 15-year-old daughter, who was living with Crable's brother – the scene of Monday night's crime scene.
    Two Pierce County deputies shot | KING 5 TV | Seattle News, Local News, Breaking News, Weather | News

Post imported post

Did anyone catch what kind of gun the brother was using?

Post imported post

swatspyder wrote:

Good job, thanks for that.

Moderator, can we make this a sticky?

Post imported post

This is kind of ridiculous. The frequency of these shootings blows my mind.

Post imported post

FMCDH wrote:
    swatspyder wrote:

Good job, thanks for that.

Moderator, can we make this a sticky?
    This one might be a better resource for an overall view of crime. http://spotcrime.com/wa/

Post imported post

kito109654 wrote:
    The frequency of shootings involving non-police is much higher. This only seems high because we're not seeing any number to compare it with.

It's no more shocking, mortifying, or upsetting for a policeman/woman to be killed than it is for a non-police person to be killed. If our boys in blue treated every act of violence as if it were against a cop, maybe we'd actually get somewhere. Too often there's a double standard.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

antispam540 wrote:
    kito109654 wrote:
    The frequency of shootings involving non-police is much higher. This only seems high because we're not seeing any number to compare it with.

It's no more shocking, mortifying, or upsetting for a policeman/woman to be killed than it is for a non-police person to be killed. If our boys in blue treated every act of violence as if it were against a cop, maybe we'd actually get somewhere. Too often there's a double standard.
    Careful.....I said something similar and outraged a few in another thread. I agree though.

I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

As with OC, the answer to outrage is increased visibility

Post imported post

antispam540 wrote:
    kito109654 wrote:

I don't think I feel the same about that... when police are specifically targeted like this, it's an attack against organization and it's an attempt to scare people. The frequency bothers me.

Police are not f#$%ing robots, your ideals don't apply. They are human, just like you. Do you make a big fuss when Joe Blow gets shot? Nope, because you don't know him. What if you're mom was shot?

When a cop is targeted, every other cop feels like a family member was targeted and feels what you feel if you're family were to be targeted.

Some of you guys blow my mind with your inability to put yourself in someone else's shoes. Wake up.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

I think I feel the way I do is because I have empathy. I don't view an officers life any more or any less than anybody elses.

I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

I think incidents like this only further anti-gun folks agenda. This sucks ass.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

Post imported post

kito109654 wrote:
    antispam540 wrote:
    kito109654 wrote:

I don't think I feel the same about that... when police are specifically targeted like this, it's an attack against organization and it's an attempt to scare people. The frequency bothers me.

Police are not f#$%ing robots, your ideals don't apply. They are human, just like you. Do you make a big fuss when Joe Blow gets shot? Nope, because you don't know him. What if you're mom was shot?

When a cop is targeted, every other cop feels like a family member was targeted and feels what you feel if you're family were to be targeted.

Some of you guys blow my mind with your inability to put yourself in someone else's shoes. Wake up.
    The answer is "procedure".

You don't have to know joe blo's mom. You don't have to be acquanted with a victim. You don't have to feel personal justification to put personal emphasis behind a particular case.

You operate within the role as a LEO, with specific procedures. The role of a "Peace Officer" does not have to be understood from the perspective of "their shoes". It has to be understood from the perspective of law. Period.

You made the statement that they are not "robots", emphasizing the humanity of their role. Yep. They are humans. For that purpose I tip my hat and say "How you doing today?", or "Have a good day officer!". If they find it hard or difficult to function in their role after a fellow officer got shot, I would hate to see how hard it is for them to function as a service member of our military in an active combat zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

Post imported post

kito109654 wrote:
    antispam540 wrote:
    kito109654 wrote:

Actually this isn't true--it is what everyone wants you to believe, but just because society/government wants you to believe it does not necessarily make it true.

Post imported post

kito109654 wrote:
    antispam540 wrote:
    kito109654 wrote:

No, they are not robots--they are human beings and should be treated as such. The problem begins when they try to intimidate people and violating their rights. They want to be treated like people--they should remember to do the same to everyone else. Show respect and you get it--don't show it, try to make things up as you go along, try to harass and intimidate the people and try to violate our rights simply because you have a holstered gun and they should not be surprised when they see themselves posted on youtube, and have lawsuits and complaints filed against them.

I can put myself in other peoples shoes easily enough--but I will say again, just like with that officer in DC who pulled the gun on the people who threw snowballs at him--if they are THAT afraid--they should find another line of work more suitable to them.

And I agree fully--the death of a police officer IS tragic but NOT because they are "police officers"---but rather because they are human beings. They are not special, they should not receive special treatment, they should be held to the same standards they would hold us to, and should have to obey the exact same laws they expect us to obey, and if they either cannot or are unwilling to do so--they should most definitely not work in law enforcement.

Take a read on any police forum right now and you can get a feel for how we are seen. They act like we are the enemy. They act like they are at war with the people, they might do better in Iraq than they do here if that is how they feel--considering they act like they are at war.

I don't have a problem with LE--I do however have a problem with their abuse and their double standards.

Post imported post

Sorry, Wrong forum

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    I think some of you should go back and read the rules especially #6
    That a post may be removed for any reason?

Are you trying to state #5, which says:

"5) While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, sex, or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer). "

Nobody is bashing here. Can you please show me where you think rule #5 or #6 are being violated?
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast