• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another officer involved shooting.....

Batousaii

imported post

TY Poo for the info,

- This is horrible news. The bad guys really need to be dealt with in short order or things are gonna get ugly. The more chaos they create, the braver they will become, and the more dangerous for the innocent, the protectors, and everyone on the good side.

Bat

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Most of this is on the media, when criminals see all the stations covering this and that, and bringing up this and that, showing all these people hurt and bringing up the past, they start to see how much of an effect they would make if they do things like this. This was a DV call (from what PCS spokesman believes), so this person was already pumped up, I don't blame the police for being so jumpy so much of the time. That's why I give the utmost respect to officers when I encounter them, until they start giving attitude and prove that they don't respect power.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

And my friends like to question why I feel I need to carry a gun...

I tell them to read the news, and ask "Why WOULDN'T I feel the need to carry a gun?"

If the criminal scum that plagues our society isn't afraid to shoot police officers, why wouldn't they be afraid to harm civilians?

HeesBonafide

imported post

This is NOT good, NOT GOOD AT ALL for everyone!! I am listening to Ed Troyer speak right now and it almost sounds like it was another "ambush" type encounter.

• Not good for police because they are going to be more trigger happy (and justifiably so) and there is going to be lawsuits and also a tough time finding qualified men and women to take on this tough job.
  • Not good for law abiding citizens because this event is just going to add MORE fodder to the gun-grabbers agenda and how we need to remove ALL guns and remove them now -- for the children's safety of course.
This is going to end up being a time where we as "responsible" citizens need to take our responsibility up some major notches.

• Maintain a high state of Situation Awareness. Keep an eye on everything that is going on. BE CAREFUL out there to avoid potential situations BEFORE they happen.
  • Keep you wits about you if and when you are confronted. If you have to raise your voice, keep your demeanor calm (I know this can be easier to say than do.)
  • The great men and women in law enforcement put their lives on the line each day. If you are pulled over, confronted, stopped -- show them the respect that they deserve. Even if they show some attitude -- give them a little slack, they are under tremendous amount of pressure these days.
With what is going on, the policemay be MUCH more trigger happy in order to protect themselves from any potential attacks. If and when we decide to OC or CC, there could be an increased potential for shoot first, ask questions later --

David.Car

imported post

Info update for you guys. Sgt and Dep shot, both had families. One shot in neck. Both in critical, both airlifted to hospitals.

Called to DV. One male retreated upstairs and got a gun. Second male opened door for police, when shooting commenced.

Shooting suspect dead.

swatspyder

imported post

I just started this map for police involved shootings in Washington State.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ptab=0&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=101153618041810517186.00047b4cba79fd5128d75&z=9

The Pierce County Sheriff's Office says the suspect, David E. Crable, was convicted in June for displaying a weapon with the intent to intimidate. He has been arrested multiple times for domestic violence. He was last arrested by Pierce County Sheriff's Deputies on November 14 for DUI.

There were multiple protection orders against him. One of those restraining orders was for his 15-year-old daughter, who was living with Crable's brother – the scene of Monday night's crime scene.
Two Pierce County deputies shot | KING 5 TV | Seattle News, Local News, Breaking News, Weather | News

swatspyder

antispam540

imported post

kito109654 wrote:
This is kind of ridiculous. The frequency of these shootings blows my mind.
The frequency of shootings involving non-police is much higher. This only seems high because we're not seeing any number to compare it with.

It's no more shocking, mortifying, or upsetting for a policeman/woman to be killed than it is for a non-police person to be killed. If our boys in blue treated every act of violence as if it were against a cop, maybe we'd actually get somewhere. Too often there's a double standard.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

antispam540 wrote:
kito109654 wrote:
The frequency of shootings involving non-police is much higher. This only seems high because we're not seeing any number to compare it with.

It's no more shocking, mortifying, or upsetting for a policeman/woman to be killed than it is for a non-police person to be killed. If our boys in blue treated every act of violence as if it were against a cop, maybe we'd actually get somewhere. Too often there's a double standard.

Careful.....I said something similar and outraged a few in another thread. I agree though.

kito109654

imported post

antispam540 wrote:
kito109654 wrote:

I don't think I feel the same about that... when police are specifically targeted like this, it's an attack against organization and it's an attempt to scare people. The frequency bothers me.

Police are not f#$%ing robots, your ideals don't apply. They are human, just like you. Do you make a big fuss when Joe Blow gets shot? Nope, because you don't know him. What if you're mom was shot?

When a cop is targeted, every other cop feels like a family member was targeted and feels what you feel if you're family were to be targeted.

Some of you guys blow my mind with your inability to put yourself in someone else's shoes. Wake up.