• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Great Song

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

hunter45 wrote:
"Simple Man" by Charlie Daniels Band.

It's an older song, but I just heard it for the first time the other day. I thought some of you guys on this forum would appreciate the lyrics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wb41-jqiyE :D

Good song indeed. I like it. I don't know about hanging people though.

I will have to say that what's wrong with this world is not because people put bibles away, its that people in general are crazy, desperate and there is an estimated 6.8 billion people in this world. 300 million of which are right herein the United States, crammed nice and tight mostly in urban areas. Too many mouths to feed and too many people to please.

Bebog

imported post

I do appreciate that song and the man himself. I grew up listening to Charlie and respect him a lot. My appreciation goes well beyond just his music but is more for the man himself. He is not the typical "throw some words together with a catchy tune and make some money" BS that the industry is pumping out these days. If you ever get a chance, check out his soapbox site: http://www.charliedaniels.com/soapbox.htm . You will see what a true patriot he is and how concerned he is at the way this country is heading as well.

As for neglecting the bible, IMHO the problem is more than just people not going to church. I have often believed that one of the true values of growing up in a church is the morals, responsibility and respect for others that is taught. Many of the lessons from the bible are just that, proper ways to be a good person to yourself and those you interact with. However these values can be just as properly exhibited by those of no faith. Values and morals are not exclusive to those that are religious minded.

However, good values and morals don't just fall in your lap, they are taught. If not in church, it has to be by you parents, grandparents, someone. So, IMHO I think the biggest problem is that church attendance is down AND no-one is picking up the slack at home and teaching people the right way to behave in society.

Sadly the same is happening in education. Recently when a teacher was discussing parent involvement with education of their child, I overheard the parent comment that it was the teacher's job to educate the child, not hers. :cry:

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all!

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Oh yes, morals are important indeed and a powerful factor.

I'm young but have been an advocate of education and teachers especially (particularly here in NC) since I started high school. Now, even after college, I still see educational leaders and politics screwing with the way kids should be taught. Not only are some parents leaving the duty to teach and discipline their kids up to the teachers, the teaching is mediocre thanks to having to teach for standardized testing (even giving kids tactics on how to answer questions they don't know the answer to) and the discipline is light-weight because of strict laws and the fear of complaints and lawsuits from parents that aren't doing anything in the first place.

simmonsjoe

imported post

hittman2 wrote:
Sadly the same is happening in education. Recently when a teacher was discussing parent involvement with education of their child, I overheard the parent comment that it was the teacher's job to educate the child, not hers. :cry:

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all!
WOW.. just... wow. You took the dick sans contraception, had the kid, but it is not your responsibility? I DON'T UNDERSTAND:banghead: