Thread: Today's "1Sale A Day" (Tuesday, December 22)

Post imported post

I thought I'd pass this on for any interested parties.

$29.99 and $4.99 shipping. I thought it was a good deal and bought one, since I've been looking for a cheap digital recorder, and this one does video, too.

http://www.1saleaday.com/

Ace 8GB Rechargeable Mini High Resolution Pin-hole Pocket Video Camcorder/Camera Ballpoint Pen with Microphone, USB 2.0 Connectivity, 8GB Flash Drive, Memory Stick Functionality, Mac/PC Compatibility and much More!
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

I hope it works better than mine did. I ordered via a different site but the pen looks the same.

The first one I received didn't work at all. The second (replacement after I paid shipping) worked for about a month. I used it twice just testing it and when I went to use it for real it was dead. It won't record or do anything and computers don't even see it if you plug it into a USP port.

If anyone else has positive comments on the pen I would like to hear them. I paid $35 plus shipping twice for a dead pen. It does write in ink though (with a mini ink reserve I assume).

I also thought it was the perfect solution. Too bad it sucked big time. Here is the website I ordered from: http://spypen.factoryoutletstore.com...FVRM5Qod_WnkKw

Post imported post

Buyer beware, I guess. I've bought from this site before with no problems.

That, of course, means nothing. But, for the 8GB version, I figured it was worth a shot trying out. If I'm out $35, it's not going to break me.

Thanks for the input, though!
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

The problem with a lot of these gadgets is that they're cheap imported junk, unlike regular voice recorders, which are well-made imports, and apparently managed to get beyond the gimmick stage or development.

Post imported post

Well, I bought one from the site yesterday...it should come in sometime next week; so, I'll put it through its paces and see what happens...

Post imported post

I bought a similar audio-only pen a couple of years ago, with an advertised recording time of (don't-remember) hours.

I discovered it would turn itself off after only a few minutes, so it was pretty much worthless.