• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Today's "1Sale A Day" (Tuesday, December 22)

wylde007

imported post

I thought I'd pass this on for any interested parties.

$29.99 and $4.99 shipping. I thought it was a good deal and bought one, since I've been looking for a cheap digital recorder, and this one does video, too.

http://www.1saleaday.com/

Ace 8GB Rechargeable Mini High Resolution Pin-hole Pocket Video Camcorder/Camera Ballpoint Pen with Microphone, USB 2.0 Connectivity, 8GB Flash Drive, Memory Stick Functionality, Mac/PC Compatibility and much More!

45acpForMe

imported post

I hope it works better than mine did. I ordered via a different site but the pen looks the same.

The first one I received didn't work at all. The second (replacement after I paid shipping) worked for about a month. I used it twice just testing it and when I went to use it for real it was dead. It won't record or do anything and computers don't even see it if you plug it into a USP port.

If anyone else has positive comments on the pen I would like to hear them. I paid $35 plus shipping twice for a dead pen. It does write in ink though (with a mini ink reserve I assume).

I also thought it was the perfect solution. Too bad it sucked big time. Here is the website I ordered from: http://spypen.factoryoutletstore.com/?cid=11063&chid=1&gclid=CLaiif2wz5wCFVRM5Qod_WnkKw

wylde007

imported post

Buyer beware, I guess. I've bought from this site before with no problems.

That, of course, means nothing. But, for the 8GB version, I figured it was worth a shot trying out. If I'm out $35, it's not going to break me.

Thanks for the input, though!

Tomahawk

imported post

The problem with a lot of these gadgets is that they're cheap imported junk, unlike regular voice recorders, which are well-made imports, and apparently managed to get beyond the gimmick stage or development.

sailer

imported post

I bought a similar audio-only pen a couple of years ago, with an advertised recording time of (don't-remember) hours.

I discovered it would turn itself off after only a few minutes, so it was pretty much worthless.