• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Christmas gift show and tell and gift exchange

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

We'll be having the breakfast after Christmashere

http://yellowpages.mapquest.com/business/va/richmond/cracker-barrel-old-country-str/0-123657472/?query=Cracker+Barrel&fromSearch=query%3DCracker%2520Barrel%26area%3D23234%26search_submit%3DSearch%26icid%3Doneclick_mapquestyp%26flv%3D1&area=Richmond%2C+VA+23234

starting at the usual 9:30 sharp-ish.

Look for the grumpy guy with the gun. He'll either be shivering in a rocking chair whinging about how cold it is, or trying to use his beard to fan himself due to the heat wave. Guess which one is which. In either case, come and join us for food, fellowship and a discussion of the topics of the moment.

Either bring what Santa brought you or pictures of same. If you are not happy with what was under the tree be prepared to compare and work out some swaps.

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

That link is longer than one of Skid's stories. :lol:

Sat, Dec 26th, 9:30 AM - OC Breakfast

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Corner of Gaskins & Mayland
3620 Mayland Ct
Near Gaskins exit off I-95
Richmond, VA
Enter off Mayland
804-290-0713

DoubleTap and I will both be there as promised.

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

That link is longer than one of Skid's stories.
Thanks for making shopping easier. Santa's bringing you a lump of lead this year.

He's been talking about bringing me a new lead injector.

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

skidmark wrote:
That link is longer than one of Skid's stories.
Thanks for making shopping easier. Santa's bringing you a lump of lead this year.

He's been talking about bringing me a new lead injector.

stay safe.

skidmark
Coal is good - specially the shiny kind.

I love your once-upon-a-time stories - they maka me zo sleeepy. :p

After being good last year and seeing the meager return, I've decided to be bad and at least enjoy it. :D

[line]
Come on out, your spouse/partner will be glad to get you out of the house for while. :)

Yata hey

kennys

imported post

My wife and I will probably be there. Have to help move her uncle after, don't ask me how with the plow still on and a few hundred pounds of mag flakes in the rear, but where there is a will there is a way.

Skid, got your message a little to late, but I think I may have something else that may work good.

Grape, you will have to speak up a little. The bronchitis and congestion has spread to my ears I am completely def in right ear and can barely hear with the left.:uhoh:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

kennys wrote:
My wife and I will probably be there. Have to help move her uncle after, don't ask me how with the plow still on and a few hundred pounds of mag flakes in the rear, but where there is a will there is a way.

Skid, got your message a little to late, but I think I may have something else that may work good.

Grape, you will have to speak up a little. The bronchitis and congestion has spread to my ears I am completely def in right ear and can barely hear with the left.:uhoh:

Whaat? :? :)

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

kennys wrote:

Kenny -

We went through this with your mothera few weeks ago. #1 - take the plow of your uncle before moving him or you risk scratching the furniture. #2 - why are you flaking magazines? Most folks just chuck the bad ones in the trash or give them to guys in droopy pants. Just how many bad magazines did you accumulate anyhow? #3 - be sure that your uncle actually signs the will. Putting the pen in his hand and moving his hand does not count.

As for the ears - alleged friends of mine suggest nettipots. Go to Walgreens (not WallyWorld) and look for them. They are supposed to work, but you will need to make up your mind.

Maybe SWMBO will sign for you?

stay safe.

skidmark

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Zeus got his own stocking, the kids came home for dinner last night and breakfast and to open presents with the Grandkids this morning...and finally went home:(

I got a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 to use as backup for my BFR/

Fire's burning and aside from needing to to run error codes on the Land Rover for tomorrow (Damn thing chimes over 20mph)

I'm done for the day.

I made some revisions on our lobby day stickers early this morning.

Got to visit Dad tomorrow GS, so I'll have to miss another one.

-sticker-master5small.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Zeus has good taste....... in binoculars, camera lenses, hats, sweaters :D

BTW - What is that behind the wing of the crippled duck on your image. It looks like a white puppy - optical illusion?

We'll see you next year - it promises to be interesting.

Yata hey

simmonsjoe

imported post

kennys wrote:

I believe that is called Binary otitis effusion or close.

ClumsyCandy

imported post

Sorry guys, after two weeks of working after not working for so long, I'm totally looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow! My body woke me up at 7 a.m again today! And we didn't even have the kid so didn't have to get up early for Santa things!
I did however get a bolt action 223 under the tree! My Santa Companion was very good to me! And I already got to break the seal on it! Ahhh...the joys of living in the country! Merry Christmas all, hope none of you had to drive out in the dense fog, it's nasty!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Zeus has good taste....... in binoculars, camera lenses, hats, sweaters :D

BTW - What is that behind the wing of the crippled duck on your image. It looks like a white puppy - optical illusion?

We'll see you next year - it promises to be interesting.

Yata hey
Oh teah...I got a new pair of Leupold Binoculars too. They will stay in the gun cabinet:lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Totaled 8 this morning - good times + good food and Santa was very much in evidence.

Welcomed a new spousal team (K & N) to the group - Va. is a long way from Chicago isn't it.:)

Join us for dinner sometime - always on the 2nd Tues. of each month - look for the posting.

Yata hey

dogear6

imported post

Greetings from the new spousal team! We enjoyed meeting everyone and making some new friends. Sorry we didn't understand about bringing presents to exchange - thanks for your generosity to us.

We had fun. I doubt we will be available for supper for the next few weeks, but we hope to meet up again towards the end of January.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

dogear6 wrote:
Greetings from the new spousal team! We enjoyed meeting everyone and making some new friends. Sorry we didn't understand about bringing presents to exchange - thanks for your generosity to us.

We had fun. I doubt we will be available for supper for the next few weeks, but we hope to meet up again towards the end of January.

There was no requirement to bring gifts, although a few of us did. The invitation was to show off what Santa left you under the tree, and to bring the gifts you were not happy about to see if you could swap for something better.

Anyhow - enjoyed meeting you both. Don't be strangers.

Grapeshot and I both need to apologize. Neither of us bugged you about joining VCDL www.vcdl.org . So here is the "official" pitch: If you are not members already, either go to the web site and join there, or come to one of the gun shows and stop by the VCDL table and do the paperwork there. No waiting, no Brady background check, and you can alsolook at the VCDL swag to buy. (Did you know if you volunteer to work a shift at the gun show you get in free? Drop me a line if you are interested in learning more about it.)

stay safe.

skidmark

dogear6

imported post

Thanks for the invite - I am a VCDL member already. I have not had time to do more than join though. Unfortunately, I don't see 2010 as improving on that.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

dogear6 wrote:
Thanks for the invite - I am a VCDL member already. I have not had time to do more than join though. Unfortunately, I don't see 2010 as improving on that
There are many levels of support for VCDL - people give as their schedules and lives permit. There is no "just" being a member - the support via joining is appreciated and expressed in our growing numbers - it does make a difference, a big difference.

Often the input from here (OCDO) is channeled into the direction that VCDL may take on a particular matter too.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
dogear6 wrote:
Thanks for the invite - I am a VCDL member already. I have not had time to do more than join though. Unfortunately, I don't see 2010 as improving on that
There are many levels of support for VCDL - people give as their schedules and lives permit. There is no "just" being a member - the support via joining is appreciated and expressed in our growing numbers - it does make a difference, a big difference.

Often the input from here (OCDO) is channeled into the direction that VCDL may take on a particular matter too.

Yata hey
I couldn't agree more.
There are many ways to show support. The strength of VCDL is in the diversity of it's members and the participation on all levels.

On lobby day, I will be there with another group, much smaller, but also as a VCDL member.
Motorcycle groups, teaparty people and many others, will do the same thing.

Just reading the email alerts and an occasional response as called for makes a difference.
I always try to bring new members in and it takes no time to talk to a friend, co worker or neighbor.

While not VCDL functions, our dinners and breakfasts are mostly comprised of VCDL members and play a big role in public relations.

riverrat10k

imported post

Sorry I couldn't make it folks. I was OC'ing my 12 ga. and muzzleloader on Saturday. Was successful with both, so we will have a real seasonal banquet for New Years.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone.