• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Murder rate declined 10% while gun sales boomed!

Dave Workman

imported post

Putting the lie to the Brady Bunch one inconvenient truth at a time.

Murder Rate declined 10% while gun sales boomed

[size=[b]Anti-gunners have lost another one of their baseless arguments. Millions of Americans bought guns during the first six months of this year, many of them for the first time. Yet with all of those new guns in circulation, coupled with an increased demand for concealed carry licenses around the country, the streets have not been awash in blood, as gun banners repeatedly predict.”—Alan Gottlieb [/b]][/size]

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m12d22-Murder-rate-declined-while-gun-sales-boomed-An-inconvenient-truth

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/ybethnb

Dreamer

imported post

According to the DC Metro Police's own website, the homicide rate in DC has dropped over 26% since this time last year (Dec 2008-Dec 2009). and this year's (2009) total homicide numbers are WAY lower than at any time in the last 20 years in DC.

http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view,a,1239,q,561242,mpdcNav_GID,1523,mpdcNav,|.asp

I guess the Heller Decision didn't cause the streets to run with blood and "Wild West Shootouts" to happen in our Nation's Capital, as DC's "elected" officials pronounced it would.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local-beat/Norton-Mass-Shootings-Could-Come-to-DC.html

I hope "Delegate" Eleanor Holmes Norton and Mayor Adrian Fenty like the taste of crow...

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
tekshogun wrote:
Mr. Hoffman, I've come to appreciate your posts.
Yes, I can see. Thank you for your attention. Merry Christmas Shalom aleichem

Merry Christmas. And I apologize for misspelling your last name.

Dreamer wrote:
According to the DC Metro Police's own website, the homicide rate in DC has dropped over 26% since this time last year (Dec 2008-Dec 2009). and this year's (2009) total homicide numbers are WAY lower than at any time in the last 20 years in DC.

http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view,a,1239,q,561242,mpdcNav_GID,1523,mpdcNav,|.asp

I guess the Heller Decision didn't cause the streets to run with blood and "Wild West Shootouts" to happen in our Nation's Capital, as DC's "elected" officials pronounced it would.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local-beat/Norton-Mass-Shootings-Could-Come-to-DC.html

I hope "Delegate" Eleanor Holmes Norton and Mayor Adrian Fenty like the taste of crow...

Those are some interesting statistics. I wonder how New Orleans has been fairing...

ChinChin

imported post

Facts. . .anti's? C'mon.

What they'll hear is "Obama reduced murder by 10% since being elected".

Those people live in a fantasy world of pixie dust, unicorns and Eskimos; See reason? accept a study or pole that proves their mythology wrong? Good luck with that one!

simmonsjoe

imported post

ChinChin wrote:
Facts. . .anti's? C'mon.

Those people live in a fantasy world of pixie dust, unicorns and Eskimos; See reason? accept a study or pole that proves their mythology wrong? Good luck with that one!
wtf:what::question: You realize Eskimos are real, right?:uhoh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eskimo

And they are riflemen. (They are hunters.):lol:

I'm sure your slight was unintentional, as Eskimos no longer exist in your time Observer.:celebrate

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

tekshogun wrote:
ChinChin wrote:

Funny but I doubt that.

I don't.

They would give Obama the credit for the reduction of crime, even though he's done nothing. Just like they would give Rev. Al Gore all the credit for saving the world from "global warming" even though there currently is no warming and may actually be another decade or twoof cooling to come, Naturally.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Why not they credit him for fixing the economy although it has steadily declined.
Well, first Obama will have to convince the masses that the economy has been fixed. Might be hard to do after he forces us all to stand in soup lines. That is if we let it get that far.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
tekshogun wrote:
ChinChin wrote:

Funny but I doubt that.

I don't.

They would give Obama the credit for the reduction of crime, even though he's done nothing. Just like they would give Rev. Al Gore all the credit for saving the world from "global warming" even though there currently is no warming and may actually be another decade or twoof cooling to come, Naturally.
I do. Who is they? And why would any President get any credit for reduction in crime?I think it is unrealistic thatPresident Obama or any othePresident, in this executive system,will get credit for reduction in crime.

As for Al Gore, he has always been a snake so don't get me started on him or Global Warming.

TFred

imported post

ChinChin wrote:
Facts. . .anti's? C'mon.

Sadly I believe that they will spin it this way. They will claim that Mr. Obama's program of "Hope and Change" has reduced the feelings of despair and hopelessness that, as we all know, are the true cause for violent crime.

It's a no-brainer.

:banghead:

TFred

Alexcabbie

imported post

Well, if the antis and the Ubamanistas give Obama the credit for the crime reduction then I hate to tell yall this but they will be absolutely correct!!

:what:WTF!?! did Alexcabbie actually say....

Yes I did. That jug-eared communist bonehead spurred so much in the area of firearms sales, and the run on guns and ammo was immediately noticed by the thugs, that criminals have developed a new appreciation for how hazardous their professions are when facing boars instead of suckling pigs.

"Course the Ubamanistas will try to gloss over that part.....

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Well, if the antis and the Ubamanistas give Obama the credit for the crime reduction then I hate to tell yall this but they will be absolutely correct!!

Yes I did. That jug-eared communist bonehead spurred so much in the area of firearms sales, and the run on guns and ammo was immediately noticed by the thugs, that criminals have developed a new appreciation for how hazardous their professions are when facing boars instead of suckling pigs.

Ya know, Alex, ya might be right. Damit! :banghead:

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:

However, I would suffice to say that it was manufacturers, dealers, and suppliers that spurred the fears and they are the ones making bank. The only people I can remember (and still) making claims that guns will be taken away or ammo will be taxed to hell were those in the firearms business. Remember all of those Obama-Sales before and after the election of 2008? I would point out, the blame spreads far and wide on that issue. Someone took a misguided political opinion andis makingextreme bank off of it. Now, perhaps when the time does come for our gun rights to be heavily threatened, they can jack the prices even higher on us, and then they can pick a fight with the government.

I am not trying to say Obama may OR may not take our guns away but don't assume he and his administration are the only ones to be wary of.