• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recall a U.S. Senator

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Of course, I meant that as a joke. I can just imagine Squeak showing up to ring the doorbell at sunrise and then get confronted by a SWAT team a few minutes later.

Keep your hands where they can seem them :)

sudden valley gunner

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
If you truly want to get their "attention," you need to forget letter-writing, etc.

Show up in person, at sunrise, at their HOME, ring the doorbell.

Priceless.

In THE POLICE STATE OF LOUISIANA, Bobby Jindal presiding, OC'ing at a private residence is perfectly lawful, even at a political whore's address, as long as no direct threats are spoken.

I'd like to apologize to the actual prostitutes of this country for associating a politician with their profession.
Is Jindal a bad Gov. I liked him when I saw him a few times on the tube....but I don't live there.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Squeak

I believe thatI can get other grass roots organizations involved, so it would not be just us.

imported post

You younger guys need to learn from those who have traveled that road ahead of you.
Politicians, especially career politicians, have no fear of you or any petition you may start.
Excellent example: Louisiana's congressman Richard Hugh Baker would tell you to your face, "why don't you run against me or try to have me recalled?"
Or, as the late, great Nathan Earl Miller would say, '' never challenge a man at his own game and expect to win."

Go pay them a visit at home, early enough to wake them.

Squeak

imported post

I would love to deliver about a....BUNCH of letters to her. Gimme her address! I beat Kitsap county at their own game last year, and by gawd I'd LOVE to take it up a notch! One thing I learned about officials (worked in Fed. Gvt. for 35 yrs) is; 1.Everyone has a boss, 2. We all have rules we gotta follow.Find that rule and use it against them.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
tekshogun wrote:
Of course, I meant that as a joke.
Oh, of course, well then I take it all back - NOT.

Well fine! :)

In the mean time though, you won't find me knocking on anyone's door at the break of dawn with a firearm. Hell, you won't find me knocking on anyone's door like that even without a gun. For me, the general fear is that I will get shot, regardless.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

So I thinkour senators from this state definately need recalling. And Cantwell was just on the other day talking about how the free trade-capitalism has failed.:banghead::banghead:maybe it would have worked if they left it alone!

They don't read bills before they pass them thats like signing a contract you didn't read.

If to pass a bill you have to buy off other congress members and senators than the bill is a bad bill.

I feel this is going to be a back door regulation of firearms to boot too.

So I know I can get signatures if that is what is needed, keep me updated I am in the same state just up north of you.

Rusty

imported post

I may be wrong here, but I don't think there are any provisions in the US Constitution for recalling officials.

You are able to do this on a state level, but I don't think you can on a federal level.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Rusty wrote:
I may be wrong here, but I don't think there are any provisions in the US Constitution for recalling officials.

You are able to do this on a state level, but I don't think you can on a federal level.
I think that is what we are talking about. The OP and I are in the same state. And have met.

Squeak

imported post

Rusty wrote:

ART2 Section4. Of course it states 'removed from office on impeachment'. Recall is just the way (petition) it is done. ANY official can be removed from office; federal, state, county, or local. Remember CA.? Brown was removed.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Rusty wrote:

Since Senators are chosen by a state and sent to Washington to serve, means their positions are ultimately governed and maintained by their respective state, hence why if a Senator abruptly leaves office, governors are responsible with finding a replacement.