• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bank Carry

comp45acp

imported post

I have been carrying everywhere I go except the bank. Mainly because we do all our banking online or at the drive through so I rarely have cause to go in. I did today. Several manager types saw the gun but nothing was said. Bank of Lake Mills.

aadvark

imported post

It is perfectly Legal to carry a Firearm into a Bank in Wisconsin, but you will probably run into people who do not know this though. Be patient with them and explain the Law to them, and maybe they will learn to better appreciate your Rights too!

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nice good. I've open carried into my bank as well (Johnson Bank on 4 Mile/Douglas), most of the time I go online or the drive thru, so I have only done it twice.

It was after a couple months of me carrying regular, and I must say that I was a little uneasy about it even though I knew I was on the right. It's just goes to show the way our brains have been programmed for years!

gollbladder13

imported post

I went to my local bank with an empty holster once, just because I didn't feel like going through the motions of loading up after a long day.

The asst. manager noticed my holster and asked if I was a cop. I joked, "Someday, I hope" and asked her what she would have said if I had my gun with me. She told me she would have asked me to leave, to which I responded that's too bad because it would mean I would have to close my account and go somewhere else.

I haven't been back in there since. I set up direct deposit. No more banks!

comp45acp

imported post

thelongone13 wrote:
I wouldn't. People won't be so much inquisitive as they will be panicked. The lady I had at Menard's will be nothing...

Why would people be panicked? Are they panicked other places you go? So far I have seen no panic whatever and have carried virtually everywhere I go.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

thelongone13 wrote:
I wouldn't. People won't be so much inquisitive as they will be panicked. The lady I had at Menard's will be nothing...
I've open carried into BOAs in Virginia on a routine basis. Never seen anybody panic.

:banghead:

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

I think 'panic' is vulgar hyperbole that is, unfortunately, the only language understood here abouts.

If one were to write, for instance, "consternation" then the retorts would be ignorant accusations of elitism for not using 'their' language. Is our culture (WASP gun) forking?

God Jul God damn the Obamination

protias

imported post

gollbladder13 wrote:
I went to my local bank with an empty holster once, just because I didn't feel like going through the motions of loading up after a long day.

The asst. manager noticed my holster and asked if I was a cop. I joked, "Someday, I hope" and asked her what she would have said if I had my gun with me. She told me she would have asked me to leave, to which I responded that's too bad because it would mean I would have to close my account and go somewhere else.

I haven't been back in there since. I set up direct deposit. No more banks!
3 words: Landmark Credit Union :D

I've been very happy with them and they are just down the road from where you work. ;)

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

thelongone13 wrote:
That is just some emotional reaction, you brain programmed to think a certain way... walking into a bank to do business is no different than walking into Menards, Taco Bell, or Best Buy...

Are they providing service to you? Yes. Is there money? Yes. Do crimes happen there? Yes. I fail to see the difference, and I think you will too once you actually think about the situation instead of just going with your programmed emotion of the situation.

icepik

imported post

Tri City National Bank makes it a point to have a tent card on the counter by each teller window that says no Guns, Hats and 2 other things I can't remember at the moment. I think one of the other things is sunglasses, but don't quote me on that.

The location I use is inside the Pick N Save store in Grafton, but I can't imagine it's any different at all their locations.

However, I wear my hat all the time and have never been asked to take it off, so???

I do wear my empty holster there all the time and have never been questioned about it.

I'll try to snap a photo of the sign I speak of and post it here for reference, and to get the other 2 items.

I do bank elsewhere for another business account and am not sure about their policy.

EDIT: I also wanted to add that because I bank at Tri City for personal and one of my businesses, I'm there all the time, almost every day. The people at this bank know me very very well, to the point I don't even have to remember my account number. I just say, I need $xxx from my personal account and they know my name and where to go get it. This may also be why the tent card doesn't seem to apply to me. I would think I wouldn't have any issues with a full holster, but haven't tested that theory yet.

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

That memo sounds like they were trying to extend thier authority over FDIC insured locations as opposed to FDIC owned facilities. But the exemption they list is under 18 U.S.C. § 930., which also exempts carrying firearms for all lawful purposes.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
I think 'panic' is vulgar hyperbole that is, unfortunately, the only language understood here abouts.

If one were to write, for instance, "consternation" then the retorts would be ignorant accusations of elitism for not using 'their' language. Is our culture (WASP gun) forking?

God Jul God damn the Obamination
Doug = :cuss:Troll

OPS MARINE

imported post

I carry at banks here in CA constantly, and have no problems. Just today, I was at the bank, Safeway, the mall, and WalMart. No issues at all. As a matter of fact, when people DO speak to me, its always with a smile and / or a "sir" at the end.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Doug = :cuss:Troll
GLOC K34 = sockpuppet fisted by his arrant Knight errant.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$ God damn the Obamination
Master Dou G = Useless Elitist wanna be that likes using big words :exclaim:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Master ( form of address )

In English and Welsh society Master was used in England for men of some rank, especially "free masters" of a trade guild and by any manual worker or servant employee to his employer (his master), but also generally by those lower in status to gentlemen, priests or scholars. In the Elizabethan period it was used between equals, especially to a group ("My masters"), mainly by urban artisans and tradespeople. It was later extended to all respectable men and was the forerunner of Mister, which is derived from it. Master is used sometimes to describe the male head of a large estate or household who employs many domestic workers.

After its replacement in common speech by Mister, Master was retained as an address for boys or young men. By the late 19th century, etiquette dictated that men be addressed as Mister, boys under 13 years old be addressed as Master, and from 13 to the age of maturity males not be accorded courtesy titles. However, in more recent times it is not uncommon for secondary school boys (and sometimes older primary school boys, but not, typically, younger) to be addressed as Mister, though some etiquette writers hold that the title Mr should not be used until the boy has left school.

The title Master is much less frequently used than formerly. Master is still sometimes used as the written form of address for boys of below some undefined age, often regarded as about 13 in formal correspondence, particularly invitations to formal events.[1]

The current UK online Passport Application form offers "Mstr" as one of five standard alternative Titles, alongside "Mr", "Mrs", "Miss" and "Ms", but without any definition or explanation of who should use this.

In Scottish society The heir to a Scottish lordship, barony or viscountcy is given the honorific title Master of followed by his father's title. For instance, the heir of Lord Elphinstone is known as the Master of Elphinstone; The Master of Ballantrae by Robert Louis Stevenson is about the ignoble heir to a noble house.
Master is also commonly used to refer to males under 16 years (the general age of maturity in Scotland). The Bank of Scotland uses Master until 16, when Mr is adopted. There is no female equivalent (Miss being used unless Ms is prefered before, or sometimes after, marriage).

In Canada It was formerly common (in Anglophone Canada) for the English usage of master to be followed for boys, when addressing letters or in formal address, but use of the title Master has now largely ceased, outside of highly formal situations (such as for weddings and wedding invitations).

In Québec, maître is used for the law professions, as in France (see below).
In France In France, maître is the correct form of address for law professions such as attorneys and notaries, whether they hold a bachelor's, a master's or a doctor's degree. It is used only in professional settings.

In the United States The general usage follows the English, though less strictly. Adult males are addressed, formally, as Mister, while boys are addressed formally as Master, though the latter is retained only in highly formal situations (such as for weddings and wedding invitations) and by some older persons. The age at which the transition from master to mister takes place is not strictly observed, though approximately 13, or the beginning of high school (13 to 14) is usual for those who still observe the distinction.

In institutions Some academic institutions, notably colleges within universities such as Oxford and Cambridge, have a post of Master, generally being the head of the institution. In formal address it can be customary to address such persons as Master, for example at the beginning of a speech: Master, President, Senior Members, ladies and gentlemen:.

Within the four Inns of Court, the governing bodies are formed by the Masters of the Bench, all of whom will be addressed by as, for example, Master Bloggs, notwithstanding that they may be Mr Bloggs QC, Lord Bloggs or Judge Bloggs at work or in outside life. There is also a category of junior judges, the High Court Masters, who are properly addressed as Master. In all these cases, the title Master is applied to women as well as men.

In Canada, judicial officers (deputy judges) called Masters may be appointed to the Superior Court of a province, and are generally appointed to courthouses located in larger cities. Masters may adjudicate interim matters in court cases and are formally addressed as "Master" or "Sir"/"Madam".
The head of almost every London Livery Company is the Master, and addressed as such.

The head of a Masonic Lodge is the Master, and addressed as Worshipful Master (not to be confused with the degree of Master Mason, which is not a form of address.)
Some American college preparatory schools refer to their instructors as Masters, based on the British model. The head of a school is sometimes referred to as the headmaster.

Officers serving in command of merchant vessels are formally known as the Master of the vessel. They are qualified by holding a Master Mariner's licence.

Other uses in society Male teachers in school are often referred to as masters, in addition to the usual forms of the headmaster, second master, and, in a few schools, the high master.[2]

A tradesman who has qualified on completion of his apprenticeship may be described as a Master Plumber, Master Baker, etc., although that is not a form of address. The term is generally used to refer to an artisan considered to be at the top of their craft.
It is not appropriate to refer to an adult as “master” on account of his marital status or age relative to the person using the address. This is occasionally used as a petty insult.[3]

The term "Master" can also be used in BDSM relationships by submissive or slave partners, primarily to denote respect and the dominant partner's higher status in the relationship. While it is usually applied to men, some women also adopt the title in lieu of a specifically female form of address.

In fiction In fiction, master is often used to indicate a teacher/pupil relationship or for higher-ranking persons than the speaker.

Master Harold...and the Boys, a 1982 play written by Athol Fugard, demonstrates the use of "Master" to denote the social structure of South Africa under apartheid.
Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Count Dooku, among other Sith lords, refer to Emperor Palpatine as their master, for example when acknowledging an order with the phrase "Yes, my Master"; young teen Obi-Wan Kenobi refers to Qui-Gon Jinn as 'Master' when speaking to him, as does Anakin Skywalker to an older Obi-Wan.

'The Master' is the main antagonist in the British science fiction drama series Doctor Who. His full title is "Master of All Things", a title he, being a megalomaniac, appointed himself. The name is taken from the 'Master's degree' as is the title of the leading character of the show 'The Doctor', taken from a 'doctoral degree'[citation needed]. His arch-nemesis, the Doctor, refers to the Master's self-given title as a "psychiatrist's field day."
In the Harry Potter series, "Lord Voldemort" is also referred to as "master" by his Death Eaters.

Dou G , Thinks of himself as an Aristocrat ...Aristocracy is a form of government in which a few of the most prominent citizens rule. The term is derived from the Greek aristokratia, meaning 'the rule of the best'.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aristocracy#cite_note-0 The concept evolved in Ancient Greece, where rule by a council of prominent citizens was commonly used and contrasted with monarchy, in which an individual king held the power.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aristocracy#cite_note-OED-1 Later, aristocracies primarily consisted of an elitehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elitehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite aristocratic class, privileged by birth and wealth.

Like I have been telling you all along, Dou G , Thinks he's is better that you all.