• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What Is The U.S. Constitution?

Repeater

imported post

This essay was written by Timothy Baldwin at the Tenth Amendment Center.

What Is The U.S. Constitution?

1. A constitution does not create freedom. A constitution is created only to protect and secure freedom which already exists, ...

2. A constitution may be worthless to secure freedom. History proves this–even America’s history.

3. When a government breaches its limitations placed upon it by a constitution, (a) the government agent loses its trust to rule, (b) the powers delegated to it are reverted back to the creators of the constitution, and (c) the constitution becomes non-binding on those who created it.

4. Particular to the United States, the U.S. Constitution was voluntarily formed as a compact by existing sovereign states with existing state constitutions.

5. Constitutions can be destructive to freedom where the document itself is used against the people.

6. Constitutions can be dissolved by those who created it.

Before freedom will ever be restored, government will be limited, and the people will govern themselves, the sovereigns of the states must recognize that the U.S. Constitution is not the answer to our political and societal plight. Rather, it is the principles of freedom that provide the answer.

The time has come in America when to restore constitutional law and freedom in the STATES, the people of the states must begin looking internally to their own powers, sovereignty, self-defense, self-preservation, self-reliance and constitutions.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Repeater wrote:
SNIP...the sovereigns of the states must recognize that the U.S. Constitution is not the answer to our political and societal plight.

While I agree in principle, I suspectthere is something deeper going on. Or, more precisely, I think there is a bit of a hill preventing recognition.

I suspect many of the sovereigns do not believe anything can be done to improve our societal and political plight. "Its just adog-eat-dog world; it can't be changed. ThereforeI'd better look out for myself first."

As long as the powerful think everybody else will abuse power for some advantage--earmarks, political favors, etc.--they will maintain their own power, even if only to keep from getting screwed by the other side.

"Hey, why not? It doesn't matter what we do today. I'm not going to be around in forty years? You've only got one life. I'm going to make the most of it."

Or, something like that.

The problemisto get them interested enough in freedom andhonestly-achieved prosperityto be willing to play fair with everybody else.

Alexcabbie

imported post

What is going on here started when this "living, breathing document" garbage started being fed to schoolkids. It was taught to me, in an Ohio elementary school, no less, in I believe 5th grade. And boy, does that ever sound magnificent until you realize that what is inferred is that a sentence in plain English can change its own meaning to adapt to "the times" ; by which of course is meant the purposes of those who wish to define "the times". Dumb little kid that I was, I took "living and breathing" to mean that it had provisions to be amended.

I guess I am still just as dumb and clueless as I was in 5th grade, because that is the way I still see it. However a whole lot of my generation and those following were smart enough to allow themselves to be seduced and corrupted - and yes the reference is intended - and a bunch of them now hold power at the highest levels of government.

This corruption of schoolchildren continues today, and it is no less heinous than - OMG I cant stand to say it. But the techniques used to seduce kiddies into becoming little obedient statists and/or government dependents are in fact little different than those used by child molestors: Establish a position of trust and/or authority; and/or when they do or say what you want, praise them as wiser than adults.

My brother got wise to this stuff and put my nephew and my niece into a private academy which he vetted thouroughly. Suffice it to say he did a very good job with them both.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Alexcabbie

The school tried to feed my kids with this Bull$%& I got to say they did not achieve their goals. It took a lot offighting with the school districtand 1 lawsuit (we won) but I raised 3 free thinking adults. Most of the school board and most of the teachers etc will not speak to me or even acknowledge my presence. I am can counting that as a victory.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Orphan wrote:
Alexcabbie

The school tried to feed my kids with this Bull$%& I got to say they did not achieve their goals. It took a lot offighting with the school districtand 1 lawsuit (we won) but I raised 3 free thinking adults. Most of the school board and most of the teachers etc will not speak to me or even acknowledge my presence. I am can counting that as a victory.
God bless you and good for you. A victory it certainly is.

SouthernBoy

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
What is going on here started when this "living, breathing document" garbage started being fed to schoolkids. It was taught to me, in an Ohio elementary school, no less, in I believe 5th grade. And boy, does that ever sound magnificent until you realize that what is inferred is that a sentence in plain English can change its own meaning to adapt to "the times" ; by which of course is meant the purposes of those who wish to define "the times". Dumb little kid that I was, I took "living and breathing" to mean that it had provisions to be amended.

I guess I am still just as dumb and clueless as I was in 5th grade, because that is the way I still see it. However a whole lot of my generation and those following were smart enough to allow themselves to be seduced and corrupted - and yes the reference is intended - and a bunch of them now hold power at the highest levels of government.

This corruption of schoolchildren continues today, and it is no less heinous than - OMG I cant stand to say it. But the techniques used to seduce kiddies into becoming little obedient statists and/or government dependents are in fact little different than those used by child molestors: Establish a position of trust and/or authority; and/or when they do or say what you want, praise them as wiser than adults.

My brother got wise to this stuff and put my nephew and my niece into a private academy which he vetted thouroughly. Suffice it to say he did a very good job with them both.
The concept of a "living Constitution" is fundamental to ignoring and defiling the essential truths held therein. The Founders had no intention of creating a living document. It was cast in stone and meant to remain that way until the required conditions existed for making modifications. And I might add here that the Bill of Rights was believed to be unamendable and was intended to remain as it was written.

The two Constitutional concepts which have done so much to distance this nation from its original design are that of the living document and interpretation.

Alexcabbie

imported post

It is too bad that it takes something like what we are facing today to make folks realize that they cannot just put it on autopilot. And even though so many have awakened, I wonder if it is too late. Look at how the Ratz just plow ahead and ignore the voice of the people. These ratz have gotten the citizenry to lie down on velvet sheets. A whole lot of the citizenry has realized what that velvet pillow iunder their rump is for. If the Ratz go any further then it is rape.

Boy I am a whiz with imagery, no?

KansasMustang

imported post

For myself, I go back to the "Declaration of Liberty" "When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one,,," I'm at that point now,,,

SouthernBoy

imported post

The Constitution establishes a form of government and in so doing, describes in a fairly high level how that form is to exist and serve the People. That's really all it does.

The Bill of Rights came later, at the urging of George Mason and Patrick Henry to James Madison, as an instrument to tell government where they must never trespass. As we all know, it did not setup up, establish, or alot rights. It recognized those rights which already existed and which must continue to exist if a People are to remain free.

And all rights derive from property. This is why those who live in countries where the People cannot own property also have very limited rights.

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well said Southern Boy!

Heres my interpretation:

The constitution is the original carry permit, it onlyacknowledges a human right......not declare it. Because the right to keepand bear arms is a pre-existing human right, not a right given by the government.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Oh, another thing about teaching BS to the kiddies: Just before the 2000 Presidential election, the Washington Post published an article in the "Kids Post" pages about how a President is elected. They had this to say about the Electoral College: "The reason we vote for the Electors is so that, if people make a bad choice for President, the Electors can overrule them and vote for the better candidate"

I kid you not at all, the Post actually gave that to the kiddies to understand. Of course, "faithlless electors" have sprung up, but that is not the intent of the Elecctoral College AT ALL.

(Naturally the Post finally changed their tune after Bush won Florida.)

SouthernBoy

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Oh, another thing about teaching BS to the kiddies: Just before the 2000 Presidential election, the Washington Post published an article in the "Kids Post" pages about how a President is elected. They had this to say about the Electoral College: "The reason we vote for the Electors is so that, if people make a bad choice for President, the Electors can overrule them and vote for the better candidate"

I kid you not at all, the Post actually gave that to the kiddies to understand. Of course, "faithlless electors" have sprung up, but that is not the intent of the Elecctoral College AT ALL.

As those of us who are native to the area or who have lived here for enough years, we well know the slant of that quaint little paper, Washington Compost (also known as Pravada on the Potomac). Most of us learned a long time ago to ignore this piece of bigoted, racist rag as it has a single purpose agenda. And that agenda is most definitely NOT American.

Repeater

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
What is going on here started when this "living, breathing document" garbage started being fed to schoolkids. It was taught to me, in an Ohio elementary school, no less, in I believe 5th grade.
Our Dead Constitution
Our Constitution is dead. Rigor mortis set in a long time ago. Peculiar enough, many Americans who claim to love our constitution believe it is alive and well with hot red blood running through its vein.

Plainly put: they are naïve, deceived or ignorant.

Those who killed the constitution pick up the dead corpse, move it around like a puppet on strings, put make up on it to make it look pretty, prop it up against a wall to stand on its own, and proclaim and swear an oath to us and God that they will preserve, defend and protect what they know to be dead. Ironically, they accomplish this, in part, through what they term a “living constitution”, which has bled the life’s blood from our constitution.

The “Living Constitution” Fraud
I find it very interesting and disturbing to see how a constitution can be used to trap and enslave the people of the states into a statically fixed and inflexible union, along with an alleged supremacy of federal laws over state sovereignty, when the meaning of that same document can allegedly change over time under the so-called “living constitution” theory.

People of the states, it is time to wake up to our political realities. It is time that we not fall victim to tyranny’s trap. The States of America must once again look to the principles of freedom and into our own borders and sovereignty for political and societal freedom!

Alexcabbie

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Alexcabbie wrote:

As those of us who are native to the area or who have lived here for enough years, we well know the slant of that quaint little paper, Washington Compost (also known as Pravada on the Potomac). Most of us learned a long time ago to ignore this piece of bigoted, racist rag as it has a single purpose agenda. And that agenda is most definitely NOT American.
And the Post knows this. That is why they are propagandizing the kidddie pages. Most parents are glad just to have their kids reading, and figure what harm could the kiddie section of a major paper do? Earlier this year they told the kiddies that some island in the Chesapeake was disappearing as a result of "sea levels rising faster than usual" and used that to begin talking about climate change and the poor widdo maneating polar bears. And if you did not read very carefully, you didn't find out that the sea level wasn't rising at all. The island was sinking under its own weight - and had been for some time.

The Donkey

imported post

Those that believe in a "dead" constitution think that their preferred rights were always there, but that the Courts just failed to recognize them.

So the law did not advance when Heller replaced Miller in 2A jurisprudence -- we just lucked out when more "sensitive" judges examined the 2A issue.

Those asses with a skeptical disposition might wonder: WTF is the difference?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
Those that believe in a "dead" constitution think that their preferred rights were always there, but that the Courts just failed to recognize them.

So the law did not advance when Heller replaced Miller in 2A jurisprudence -- we just lucked out when more "sensitive" judges examined the 2A issue.

The fact that 2A or any other constitutional issues even have to make it to the supreme court, shows the sad mental state of our "system", lower courts should have done away with many issues a long time ago.

Now we are told the constitution only applies to the federal government...When the preamble begans specifically "We the people of The United States..."

SouthernBoy

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
The Donkey wrote:

The fact that 2A or any other constitutional issues even have to make it to the supreme court, shows the sad mental state of our "system", lower courts should have done away with many issues a long time ago.

Now we are told the constitution only applies to the federal government...When the preamble begans specifically "We the people of The United States..."
Agreed and the reason for this is what has been mentioned: the concept of a living document and that of interpretation. With these two tools in hand, a court can ride herd over the Founders design and do as they pretty much please.

As for your second paragraph, I wonder how many people, both on this forum and in the general public, really know what those first seven words actually mean. (hint: there is more here than meets the eye)

SouthernBoy

imported post

Those first seven words, "We the People of the United States", means just that.. the People of the United States. Not Central America, or Canada, or Europe, or people from anywhere else. It only refers to the People of the United States. Now I know some may think this is crazy, but those seven words were not minced or scrambled.

I can tell you that if you were to present this idea to most people, they'd think you were off your rocker. I know.. I've done it. Hell, I'm doing it now.