• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

And this is why I carry a gun and know how to use it!

autosurgeon

imported post

I know two of these turds and they come from good homes.... Just gose to show you never can tell.

SOUTH HAVEN — A Fennville man is in critical condition at Bronson Methodist Hospital after being beaten by four other men Monday night near downtown South Haven, police said.

The 38-year-old was found lying unconscious in the 1200 block of Phoenix Street by South Haven police officers who responded at 8:30 p.m. to a report of an assault. He was taken to South Haven Community Hospital and then flown to Kalamazoo.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2009/12/beating_in_south_haven_leaves.html

sprinklerguy28

imported post

Carrying a gun is just like wearing a seat belt. I hope I never need but if I do I'll be really happy I put it on.

mudvr1212

imported post

My girlfriends best friends boyfriend died from three people beating him up at Kent State. He just turned 23. Pretty sad.

She is freaking out on me because I want to start carrying and she doens't understand why I want to. Hello, so this doesn't happen to me!!!

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/11/kent_state_student_beaten_badl.html

Read some of the comments. They are disgusting to say the least!

T Vance

imported post

mudvr1212 wrote:
She is freaking out on me because I want to start carrying and she doens't understand why I want to. Hello, so this doesn't happen to me!!!

It's sad when media had shaped people into thinking that guns are only able to be used for violent purposes, and not as a means of self defense.

My fiance, doesn't mind that I carry (most of the time), but at times has said things such as "do you need to carry that with you everywhere we go?", "we are just going for a walk, why do you need to bring that?", "all the years leading up to you having that gun you have not needed it, so why do you need it now?".

My answer is always the same..."I hope to never need to use it, but that one time that something happens where I do need it, I hope it is there with me". I also throw in the auto insurance, or seat belt examples.

mudvr1212

imported post

Yeah she asked me if I was going to carry it every where. I said. Well, since I don't have my CPL, I can't carry it into a lot of places.

She was like. Well I understand if you carry it to work (I work in Detroit's South side) but why would you have to carry it out to dinner or the store?

Criminals don't take a time out just because you're going to dinner!!! :banghead:

Denny

imported post

mudvr1212 wrote:
Yeah she asked me if I was going to carry it every where. I said. Well, since I don't have my CPL, I can't carry it into a lot of places.

She was like. Well I understand if you carry it to work (I work in Detroit's South side) but why would you have to carry it out to dinner or the store?

Criminals don't take a time out just because you're going to dinner!!! :banghead:

You should have her watch this video about the Luby's cafeteria massacre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9NDnqS5h9k&feature=related

Bronson

imported post

mudvr1212 wrote:

My girlfriend sometimes carries and supports my carrying of a firearm. When I started carrying around the house she did ask why to which I responded "in all of the research I've done it seems that the majority of home invasions happen in someone's home." She looked at me funny for couple of seconds then the light bulb went off and she's never mentioned it again :D

Bronson

SlowDog

imported post

If someone close to me like that asked me the same question after their loved one was killed I would have to tell them to pull their head out of their Azz & grow up! My patience for the <liberal-blind> gets less & less the older I get.....just sayin.....

Leader

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Leader wrote:
cabman1 wrote:
carrying a gun is like car insurance you know you need it just hope you dont need to use it
I only wish it was like car insurance in MI.....REQUIRED by LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, but without the premiums. :)

Ok... but everyone would be REQUIRED to fire at least 50 rounds a month.

How about that? Still government supporting private business.

SlowDog

imported post

THE GOVERNMENT?!?!?!?! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

The government has no money! That's our money they are throwing around, not theirs. Well, now it's it's our kids and grandkids. And if Obama has his was it'll be our great grand kid's money too.:cuss::cuss: