• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hamandeggs Encounter is now Live on the Youtube Channel

sprinklerguy28

imported post

Wow, sounds to me like Warren really needs to address education. Also several times it sounded as if he was being threatened with harm if he kept OCing. Who's up for some ice skating at the Warren community center.

Michigander

imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
Wow, sounds to me like Warren really needs to address education. Also several times it sounded as if he was being threatened with harm if he kept OCing. Who's up for some ice skating at the Warren community center.

Generaldet and I walked into the PD to ask them to help with the food drive. He was OCing. I wasn't, because I figured I'd be the camera man if they went after him. My fears were unfounded, because they were completely indifferent.

They haven't made right what they did, but they DO seem to have ended the harassment.

Edit to add: The felon cop pointing the gun at Hammaneggs and their censored response to the FOIA is down right shameful. They added insult to injury by charging 70 dollars or so for the FOIA if I remember right. Perhaps a sign holding protest in front of the PD would be a good bet.

WarrenPD.jpg

jayspapa

imported post

There at the end , did he start to call you a fatAxx ??? then changed it to PAL before he walked back to the car ??? WOW!!!

He's all for your rights and all but , " You better be careful because you just gonna get hurt ! " :banghead:

Kimberguy

imported post

Michigander wrote:
They added insult to injury by charging 70 dollars or so for the FOIA if I remember right.
i thought there was a pretty strict limit to how much they can legally charge you... that seams a but much, i have yet to pay over 52 dollars, total between two departments for the 911 call and all the video and paperwork pertaining to my stops.

watching that video pissed me the hell off!

Beau

imported post

I couldn't even finish watching the video. The kids are still sleeping and I didn't want to wake them up by yelling at the PC.

I can not believe they censered the video. I'm sure you've filed a complaint about that.

Made me laugh when the officer told him that he needed to inform the PD when he planned on OC'ing. I would start calling them to inform them of every action I took. If I had to inform them of any exercise of my rights I might as well cover all bases.

T Vance

imported post

If they refuse to fix the audio problem, or give you the other videos, take the one back and demand a refund. Was the audio at the end censored too? I think this as well as the other videos need to hit the media outlets. Hell call Problem Solvers!

Are you going through with a lawsuit on this? I too noticed that it sounded like he was starting to say a word that started with the letter "F", then quickly switched to the word "PAL".

I'm sorry you had to deal with this BS.

mikestilly

imported post

T Vance wrote:
If they refuse to fix the audio problem, or give you the other videos, take the one back and demand a refund. Was the audio at the end censored too? I think this as well as the other videos need to hit the media outlets. Hell call Problem Solvers!

Are you going through with a lawsuit on this? I too noticed that it sounded like he was starting to say a word that started with the letter "F", then quickly switched to the word "PAL".

I'm sorry you had to deal with this BS.

Just the audio in the beginning was obviously removed. They obviously removed the audio from the beginning and turned it back on when it was clear from what took place prior. The worst part though is the view which they gave him the video of the only cop car there that wasnt pointed in his direction. They're hiding the part where he was physically assaulted. YES THAT'S WHAT I SAID HE WAS PHYSICALLY ASSAULTED BY THESE MORONS. For walking down the friggin street minding his own business!

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

When requesting FOIA you must be VERY careful in how you ask and what you ask for.

Always request copies of:
All Media, written and digital.
All Video, and audio from all sources.
All Officer field notes.
All Communications between officers and also dispatch

This may cost more but at least you get everything.

P.S. Does anybody have anything to add to my list?

T Vance

imported post

I highly suggest trying to return the "faulty video". And $70 for one video is VERY steep. I got all 3 videos from my Target experience for the $25.

conservative85

imported post

If Oc is a big no no while you have a CPL then why was he not arrested for it, or charged or even ticketed? This is why I don't respect cops at first sight any more.

Regardless of some anonymous tip, the cop has to also consider the differences between Tip, and Constitutional Rights.

My fav part is "You can express your right in the parks and stuff (Admitting that he knows it is legal to OC), but if your gonna express your right like this don't come crying when you get hurt"...I'd reply with No problem I'll just sue!

He wasn't expressing dip wad he was exercising! He was protecting himself...UGH!!!!

I really believe either by accident or by design the police have went from public servants to public corrections officers. "To Push & Shove" should be painted on all cop cars

mikestilly

imported post

We will put an end to these encounters. Mark my words. I'm working on something huge and it's been soooo hard biting my lip. When I get excited about something I find it sooooooooooo hard to shut up. I will shut-up now but just know that a solution to these encounters has been created. Please be patient and you will soon see what I'm talking about.