• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hamandeggs Encounter is now Live on the Youtube Channel

Haman J.T.

imported post

dougwg wrote:
When requesting FOIA you must be VERY careful in how you ask and what you ask for.

Always request copies of:
All Media, written and digital.
All Video, and audio from all sources.
All Officer field notes.
All Communications between officers and also dispatch

This may cost more but at least you get everything.

P.S. Does anybody have anything to add to my list?
All of the above was requested.A suit is the next step to be taken.They have been notified of this but continue to ignore it.

jeremy05

imported post

when they told you that you should call ahead of time, you should have said that you are going to open carry every day so theres your heads up!

ghostrider

imported post

The more police departments behave in such a manner, the more they will polarize the general public.

It will get to a point where people who were once very supportive of LEO's will become so jaded that they form contempt for those wearing the badge.

I hope it never comes to that, but things like this don't give me much hope.

Michigander

imported post

ghostrider wrote:
The more police departments behave in such a manner, the more they will polarize the general public.

It will get to a point where people who were once very supportive of LEO's will become so jaded that they form contempt for those wearing the badge.
Consider the Oakland California PD. When 4 of their officers were killed, the public largely rejoiced. This was largely but certainly not exclusively a result of a man in handcuffs being shot. That's probably the most extreme event in recent times I can think of for that type of thing.

The public respects a PD to the degree which they believe they deserve it. The warren PD is no exception, and we have an important role to play in making sure the public knows how much respect they should be given. And again, in this case, I think a protest is in order. That Armed American Radio show could even help us make it a big one.

Haman J.T.

imported post

jeremy05 wrote:
when they told you that you should call ahead of time, you should have said that you are going to open carry every day so theres your heads up!
I only spoke as much as needed.I didn't dignify their stupid remarks with an answer.I waited for them to finish their stop and leave.There was no reason to answer their stupidity,besides It's always wise to say nothing when you are LIVID!4 LEO's spouting BS and my being alone,warranted I stay under control!

Kimberguy

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
We will put an end to these encounters. Mark my words. I'm working on something huge and it's been soooo hard biting my lip. When I get excited about something I find it sooooooooooo hard to shut up. I will shut-up now but just know that a solution to these encounters has been created. Please be patient and you will soon see what I'm talking about.
Why would you tease everyone like that?:cool:

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Sounds to me like they are planning on shooting one of us OCers to possibly send a message. This statement may just be extreme, but after seeing/experiencing what they do, and knowing they can get away with it, I would not be suprised.

I hesitate to even make a statement like that, because I know it sounds paranoid as heck, but I heard threats here, and it would be soooo easy for one of them to carry it out.

1245A Defender

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
Sounds to me like they are planning on shooting one of us OCers to possibly send a message. This statement may just be extreme, but after seeing/experiencing what they do, and knowing they can get away with it, I would not be suprised.

I hesitate to even make a statement like that, because I know it sounds paranoid as heck, but I heard threats here, and it would be soooo easy for one of them to carry it out.
Hell YES!! it does sound paraniod!! who do youthinkare they/them?

Pinhead

imported post

I hope you're not still in the process of filing suit; if the defending attorney finds this video on the 'net it will be inadmissible as evidence...

conservative85

imported post

Well don't just leave us hanging Pinhead... why would a video shot by the police department not be admissible in court?

Can't wait to hear this one!:?

Pinhead

imported post

I was always under the impression that evidence such as this that has been displayed for the public to see beforehand would be inadmissible because jurors would have the opportunity to view the evidence and come to their own conclusions before the lawyers would be able to put their spin on it. Not necessarily that it would automatically be thrown out, but it gives the other lawyer an opportunity to convince the judge that it should be...

imported post

Gee, I might need to move to Michigan !!
Darned glad to know there ARE some real OC'ers who aren't afraid to offend anyone as they go about exercising their rights.
Down here in Louisiana, most on the OC board are actually concealed carry permit holders. On top of that, they're too timid to do anything as controversial as this.