• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Survey being conducted with one quesiton about CT GUN LAWS

Edward Peruta

imported post

http://www.housegop.ct.gov/members/surveys/09rebimbas.asp

This link takes you toa survey being conducted and Question #5 pertaining toConn. Gun Laws.

Gun Control
5.)
Do you believe Connecticut's gun control laws are:

Too strict (here is my choice)
Too lenient
Just right
No answer

The 2009 Legislative Surveyhas been sent out by State Republicans and Representative Rosa Rebimbas of Naugatuck.

Regardless ofyour opinions, it's an opportunity to let the legislature know how you feel.

I'll also beproviding this info to the Connecticut Citizen's Defense League for further circulation to people concerned about Connecticut Gun Laws.

robo44

imported post

My answer was just right. I am all for the RKBA, but I also greatly fear people having access to guns who should not. As unpopular as this will be I will say it.... there are some people who should not have access to firemarms and if our current laws prevent them from having them then I support it. Yeah yeah I know criminals will get access anyway etc.... but you have to have a system that at least does not make it easy. I retired from the USMCearlier this year. I served in Grenada, Lebanon, Panama, Gulf War, Irag and Afghanistan in the Infrantry. I know guns and I know what it's like to be shot at and to shoot someone else. I take the responsibility of firearms ownership seriously. I conceal carry every day and I thank God and my country for that right. I simply do not think it is a right that should go unchecked and without verification. God Bless.

Leverdude

imported post

Then you dont think its a right. In extreme cases I'd agree, but generally speaking anyone who can be trusted to walk unfettered in our country has the same rights as you & me.