• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

January WAC gunshow

SpyderTattoo

imported post

OK guys, I'll arrange for a table at the Puyallup gunshow on Jan 2-3. But only if some others are willing to help me out. I don't have anything to sell at the table, but I'm sure I can get the sign andpamphlets from M1Gunner. I'd appreciate any donations to help pay for the table. It's $40.00 for the two days. I've heard a couple of you express interest in helping out with this. Even if you're a little newer to OC, it will be fun and educational. You'll get to talk to lots of people about open carry, and maybe learn a little yourself. PM me and I'll fill you in on the plans.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

OK guys. Any takers? I'm going to call on Monday to pay for a table at the Jan 2-3 Puyallup gunshow. Anyone else want to help contribute? Anyone else want to come by and help man the table?

massivedesign

imported post

I'll be possibly attending, but not sure. We might have conflicting plans that weekend. But, I would be more than happy to paypal some $$ to assist in the table reservation!

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

If anyone could pick me up in tukwila, I would help out (both days) and chip in on the fee.

Edited to add:

massivedesign,

paypal takes so much in fees....don't even think about paypal unless it is a last resort. Throwing away too much money in fees....

Batousaii

imported post

All guns need to be unloaded tip-tied and no clip or magazines.

- I OC'da recent WACshow with the my 1911, no ammo and tied as per rules. Once out of the show, and back in my car, i removed the zip-tie and returned sparky to active duty.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Batousaii wrote:
All guns need to be unloaded tip-tied and no clip or magazines.

- I OC'd a recent WAC show with the my 1911, no ammo and tied as per rules. Once out of the show, and back in my car, i removed the zip-tie and returned sparky to active duty.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'd volunteer, but I don't go in public unarmed...

Do they wand? Can I CC?

1245A Defender

imported post

id like to make it to this show! havent been there since augest? want to buy fodder for my AK! i CCd my shower gun last time:idea:, but id rather UOC my P38 that i bought FTF after the show from a friend of a friend!:cool:

sure would like to share a ride with another kitsap/mason member..:lol:

Aryk45XD

imported post

No PM, but I'll chip in when I get there for the table. I'm going to buy, and I'll be looking long and hard. I can stop by and help out for a little bit too, but no promises. I'm just putting it out there :cool:.

amzbrady

imported post

I have never been to a gun show, dont think I want to go if I cant at least CC. sure doesnt say much for our cause for gun shows if we cant be trusted with our own weapons in our own environment. Sellers should be responsible to taking precautions to ensure their weapons are not fired, keep mags and guns seperate, until sold. trigger locks ect.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Sellers should be responsible to taking precautions to ensure their weapons are not fired, keep mags and guns seperate, until sold. trigger locks ect.

Thus the zipped tied weapons for 100% of all weapons carried or sold by members.

Trigger Dr

imported post

I can only recall one instance of an AD (yes accidental in this case) where a zip lock bag of loaded ammo was accidentally knocked off of a table. The nose of one round struck the primer of another and BANG.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

You have to remember, the Puyallup fairgrounds is not public property, it's private property, thus, they get to make the rules. No loaded firearms. You have to get your gun zip-tied at the gate, but once that is done, conceal it or open carry it. As long as you don't cut the zip tie and load it. Leave your loaded mags in your car too.

Please, follow all the WAC rules if you go to the show. I personally don't want to be associated with anyone who doesn't comply. This makes us all look bad.