• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NOTICE Section of a recent deposition in the Goldberg Federal Case

stacks04

imported post

Edward Peruta wrote:
I need to correct one statement. James Goldberg was not EATING at Chili's, he was sitting in the To Go area waiting for his Chicken Fingers.
i am sorry for mis stating his reason for being there. thanks for the correction mr. peruta. still bs:D

M

McX

imported post

i don't know. i read some of the deposition, seemed like a whole lot of 'my name be rufus, and i don't know nothing" going on on the police part. so instead of disorderly conduct, now it's breaching the peace to wait for your chicken nuggets?!

M

McX

imported post

trampling the sheeple. stampeding the pragmatic, causing the evil eye to be cast upon you? oh, no wait a minute; it's called exercising a right. screw that place, and make my nuggets to go too.

Supermarine

imported post

Someone (perhaps on this forum) wrote something that I copied and quote everytime this subject comes up:

Breach of peace is not a lawful charge if someone reacts negatively to your lawful behavior.

If Mr. Goldberg doesn't win his case on the basis of the above statement, then clearly:

Breach of peace IS a lawful charge if someone reacts negatively to your lawful behavior.

Therefore,I'm going to call the policeevery timeI see someone walking a dog, even if it's on a leash, because I'm very frightened of dogs (which can escape theirownersandseriously maim or kill me).Owning and walking adog may be lawful behavior, but I react negatively to them,so I will LAWFULLY CHARGE Breach of Peace.

ESCH

imported post

Supermarine, that is a very good example. A dog needs to be licensed. There are restrictions to how you walk them. They can be a weapon for self defense. Many people have fears of them. Awesome analogy.

Would anyone ever be charged with Breach of peace for walking a dog, lawfully? Never. In all actuallity there is no difference whatsoever. None.

I have never heard that comparison made before and I think it is right on the money. Thanks for bringing it up.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

ESCH wrote:
Supermarine, that is a very good example. A dog needs to be licensed. There are restrictions to how you walk them. They can be a weapon for self defense. Many people have fears of them. Awesome analogy.

Would anyone ever be charged with Breach of peace for walking a dog, lawfully? Never. In all actuallity there is no difference whatsoever. None.

I have never heard that comparison made before and I think it is right on the money. Thanks for bringing it up.
Agreed, EXCEPT if the dog were to be barking it's fool head off!

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
ESCH wrote:

Agreed, EXCEPT if the dog were to be barking it's fool head off!
And the government actually enforced its own laws... where I live, they would rather pay their employees to do nothing. It's to the point where you either wait for the dog to die a natural death, go through the academy and get hired yourself by another LEA so you can cite your neighbor, hope that you win the lottery and can head for the hills and away from this godforsaken hellhole, or give up on having a peaceful life.