• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shots fired at Spokane police

David.Car

imported post

http://www.krem.com/news/Shots-fired-at-Spokane-Police-this-morning-79978187.html
UPDATE: Police in North Spokane have a K9 unit out right now in the area of Lincoln and Dalton trying to track a suspect who fired shots at them earlier Wednesday morning.SPOKANE -- Spokane Police are searching for a suspect they say fired shots at officers Wednesday morning.

At least one bullet hit a police cruiser, luckily the officer was not hit and is okay.

Police are asking people to stay inside their homes in about a five block area around that neighborhood.

They say this all started when an officer was trying to stop a tan 1999 Suburban near Monroe and Cora which he recognized as a reportedly stolen.

That's when some one opened fire at the officer.

The vehicle was recovered about 30 minutes later at the Lincoln and Dalton area.

The K9 unit is now working to track the suspect or suspects.

If you know anything about this case call police immediately.

Initial Report:It happened in North Spokane near the intersection of Monroe & Cora.

Police say they were attempting to stop a reportedly stolen vehicle, when the driver fired rounds at the officers. One of the cruisers was hit, but none of the officers were hit and we're told they're all okay.

Right now police are working to get us a suspect description. Stay with KREM.com and KREM 2 News for the latest.

FMCDH

imported post

No, the sky is not falling. :?

But it does seem that a pressure valve has been struck somewhere in the collective criminal psyche, and it seems some have been emboldened, at-least for the moment.

Its a momentum that wont last, but everyone needs to be very "situationaly" aware for the next few months, me thinks.

It will probably get worse before it gets better.

David.Car

imported post

Update:

They stole the suburban from in front of a womans house after she left it running to warm up and went inside (that is why this is illegal people).

20 minutes earlier there was a attempted car jacking 4 blocks away where 2 men smashed the window on a womans car with a gun, but she managed to drive off.

The 2 men are still on the loose.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

David.Car wrote:
Update:

They stole the suburban from in front of a womans house after she left it running to warm up and went inside (that is why this is illegal people).

20 minutes earlier there was a attempted car jacking 4 blocks away where 2 men smashed the window on a womans car with a gun, but she managed to drive off.

The 2 men are still on the loose.

Plus one to FMCDH post I feel the same.

As this stupid law, about warming up your car, common!!!!! Another law criminilizing someone for criminals actions. Quit punishing us for *&$holes. This issame reasoningmanyfolksuseto"outlaw" guns.

Mainsail

imported post

I have to wonder how much the "three strikes" system play in this. While it's a good idea for keeping repeat violent offenders off the street, it also raises the stakes if he has two strikes and number three appears imminent.

twoclones

imported post

David.Car wrote:
Update:

It being illegal to steal cars makes sense. Being illegal to leave your car running while inside your home is the reasoning of a bunch of idiots.

amzbrady

imported post

I'm looking for the article, I remember reading a few years back that someone had left their car running in their garage with the door closed because of that very law, they died from carbon monoxide poisening. The Garage was attached to their house. the neighbor said they did it all the time and the law was the reason they left the garage door shut.

PT111

imported post

Read your insurance policy carefully, if your car is stolen while running unattended your insurance may not cover it. :what: I agree that there should not bea law against it but you should not be liable in an "attractive nuisance" case.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

PT111 wrote:
Read your insurance policy carefully, if your car is stolen while running unattended your insurance may not cover it. :what: I agree that there should not bea law against it but you should not be liable in an "attractive nuisance" case.
Don't get me started on "attractive nuisance" just an example of how far our courts have strayed from being a "justice system" and have been turned into revenue generators.