• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at The Belmar, Lakewood

cscitney87

imported post

bomber wrote:
well i was flying solo. i was there for about 20 minutes but no one showed up. it wasn't useless though, i successfully open carried all over belmar and no one said anything. i got one sorta dirty look from a couple in the coffee shop, but otherwise no issues.

we'll have to try again sometime. that coffee shop was good, better than starbucks.
We are going tomorrow.. Thought it was 1pm Sunday. I see I was wrong.

bomber

imported post

i'm rereading the thread and its not real clear what day we were talking about :what:

my bad.

lets try again in febuary. i'm pretty booked for january.

repojoker

imported post

I'm game anytime to sit and bs with a fellow open carrier anytime. Just let me know when and where

JamesB

imported post

Yes, open carry is legal there at Belmar... Not that I haven't been hassled for it. It is NOT legal in the theatre in Belmar! At least last I knew they posted no carry.

Love to join you for a coffee.

JamesB

imported post

I go past there at least once a day. And with this weather I don't need an excuse to ride the motorcycle, but I'll take one:lol:

Being unemployed, my schedule is also mostly open, but strangely I usually don't get out of bed till the crack of noon.

repojoker

imported post

I'm employed currently with and an unemployeed schedule so if you guys meet up let me know. I live right up the street off of Alameda and Union so it takes me 2 minutes to get to Belmar.

repojoker

imported post

While now that GM is off of 285 and Wads it makes a little hard, but I have purchased one gun from them. Also purchased from G&G and Gun Room as well. I can say that even though GM is a little cheaper I'll spend the extra cash and one of the other 2 due to great exceptional customer service.

cscitney87

imported post

repojoker wrote:
While now that GM is off of 285 and Wads it makes a little hard, but I have purchased one gun from them. Also purchased from G&G and Gun Room as well. I can say that even though GM is a little cheaper I'll spend the extra cash and one of the other 2 due to great exceptional customer service.
I shoot at Green Mountain once a week with my lady. We love their range and those folks sure are friendly. The gun shop down Wads is nice too, but honestly I have had an issue finding 9mm rounds there more than once. I go to The Gun Room, north of Colfax, and find what I am looking for literally every time.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Gunslinger wrote:
Not Denver County? Then OC is legal. Best advice: get a CCW and you don't have to worry about it anywhere in CO. A gun in your car when you aren't just collects dust.
Would you please PM me a specific link to the statutes on that? I've several people who would love to CC in Denver, and who have permits, but I can't find the citation.

Thanks.

JamesB

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
I shoot at Green Mountain once a week with my lady. We love their range and those folks sure are friendly. The gun shop down Wads is nice too, but honestly I have had an issue finding 9mm rounds there more than once. I go to The Gun Room, north of Colfax, and find what I am looking for literally every time.

I won't go shootin at Green Mountain even if you pay the entry.

Silver Bullet up on 38th gets my business. Or Shootist down off of Santa Fe.

repojoker

imported post

So today and yesterday was all over the place. Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Best Buy (again), and even Dick's. Yesterday was carrying full size Glock 22, and today XD sub compact 40 with 12 round mag. Didn't get questioned or have anyone freak out. I don't know what's going on with all this Wal-Mart stuff because even walked right by a manager and he asked how I was doing. TodayI tucked a long sleeve shirt in which made the XD very visible. I did have some girl at Best Buy who "volunteers" for Jefferson County Sheriffs say "Oh my god is that legal?!!" Told her it sure was, and it ended there. That was yesterday when I was carrying the Glock. Oh there than that have had no issues at all.

Locations were Best Buy Denver West, Home Depot and Wal-Mart off of Colfax & Wads, and Dick's in Belmar.

cscitney87

imported post

Very nice. Very nice. Does my memory serve me right to think Dick's has a firearms sign posted at their entrance? I forget what it says though. I frequent all those places you OCd at. Wish I had seen ya! Would be fun to spot another OCer once in a while.. I bet it's a great feeling.

repojoker

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
Very nice. Very nice. Does my memory serve me right to think Dick's has a firearms sign posted at their entrance? I forget what it says though. I frequent all those places you OCd at. Wish I had seen ya! Would be fun to spot another OCer once in a while.. I bet it's a great feeling.
I stood there and looked the doors up and down before walking in. I probably looked like I was contemplating on robbing the place. But I went in through the main entrance and the only sign about guns was they they service them and to ask the customer service desk for details.

wthornton0206

imported post

I OC in dick's all the time. They do have a sign that states that if you are carrying a firearm in for service or otherwise, please notify the customer service desk of your intent to carry in the store. The location i carry at is in Belmar, and the first time I OC'd in there, i followed the sign to the letter. I read it, and promptly walked up to the cashier's desk and stated the following: "I saw your sign regarding firearms needing to be checked in and i am carrying a holstered handgun"

The funny thing was, the MANAGER of the store didn't even know what I was talking about.I think they thought I was going to rob the place, but instead they called the Lodge associate who came in from the front door (he had been outside on break) and all he did was look at my Hi Point .40 JC on my hip and ask if I needed rounds! He told me that most of the new people there don't know the procedures, but that so long as my gun is legal and I notify the front desk, I can carry all i want in store!

That's it! simple as that.

cscitney87

imported post

wthornton0206 wrote:
The funny thing was, the MANAGER of the store didn't even know what I was talking about.I think they thought I was going to rob the place, but instead they called the Lodge associate who came in from the front door (he had been outside on break) and all he did was look at my Hi Point .40 JC on my hip and ask if I needed rounds! He told me that most of the new people there don't know the procedures, but that so long as my gun is legal and I notify the front desk, I can carry all i want in store!

That's it! simple as that.
I really appreciate that bit of information. I'll be sure to notify the front desk if I am OC in Dicks if the sign still requires such. Looks like I should be seeing you around more often- you're right in my neighborhood where I OC the most. I only live blocks away.