• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

For anyone interested

.45ACPaddy

imported post

I'll be at The Marksman in Puyallup doing some shooting today, if anyone wants to join. I'll probably get there between noon and 1pm.

My cell phone number is 360-621-5399

.45ACPaddy

imported post

On Wednesdays gun rental is free, and Mondays the range fee is 2 for the price of one. Range safety orientation is 10 bucks but a one time thing. I've been there several times, you can bring your own targets and ammo, but if you rent there you need to buy their ammo which they've had in stock every time I've been there.

Nosrac

imported post

I usually buy a range cardand bring my own targets and ammo.

G22 if you want to go on the 2 fer monday deal let me know. I dont know about this Monday since I'll just be getting back from vacation but in the future. Since you live down the street I can even pick you up on the way out.

TRAKATAK

imported post

Comp,

What prices are you implying are too high at The Marksman? Sure, some of the ammo might be expensive, but that is a function of the current market, not The Marksman.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

TRAKATAK wrote:
Comp,

What prices are you implying are too high at The Marksman?  Sure, some of the ammo might be expensive, but that is a function of the current market, not The Marksman.

Spoken like a true employee...

amzbrady

imported post

I didnt find the ammo more expensive than most gun shops, guns were maybe more than cabelas, just make sure you know exactly what you are looking for, I gave one of the guys there a model number for a pt111 I was looking for, and he said he had, so I gave him my cc number, and when I went to pick it up it was wrong. I told him about it and said there was a 20% restock fee. So guess what, I own a second gen not the 3rd gen like I wanted, and model number is not same on either. Overall, great place good prices, wrong people. Just have to put up with employee's who are unknowledgable or rude. Not much different than cabelas employees.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
I didnt find the ammo more expensive than most gun shops, guns were maybe more than cabelas

Cabela's rapes people as it is. I saw a standard G21 with standard sights, non-compensated, plain jane that they wanted 589.99 for... Hell, they want 500$ for their USED Glocks..

I paid 500$ for a brand new G21SF from cascade arms (formerly larrys guns), their customer service is impeccable, and they put up with a lot of dumb questions from myself. In addition, they close @ 7pm, and I called @ ~720 not knowing their hours, and THEY STILL ANSWERED THE PHONE.

Tells you something, doesn't it?

just make sure you know exactly what you are looking for, I gave one of the guys there a model number for a pt111 I was looking for, and he said he had, so I gave him my cc number, and when I went to pick it up it was wrong.I told him about it and said there was a 20% restock fee. So guess what, I own a second gen not the 3rd gen like I wanted, and model number is not same on either.

So you entered into a verbal (written?) contract saying 'get me XYZ gun and I'll pay X amount'.. He got you XXY gun, and they wanted to tell you they're charging a restocking fee? HAH. I'd tell them to blow me, file a fraud dispute with my card company, and take their happy asses to court.

Overall, great place good prices, wrong people. Just have to put up with employee's who are unknowledgable or rude. Not much different than cabelas employees.

Sounds like bad prices, bad service, bad employees. Sounds like a bad company to do business with....

amzbrady

imported post

Overall, nice place to shoot. indoor range with fair shooting prices, fair prices on stocked ammo, with an ok selection of pistols to rent. Not a whole lot ofindoor rangesto shoot at, at least that I know of. Does anyone know of someplace nicer, cheaper? Maybe close to Olympia.

massivedesign

imported post

Years ago, I used to shoot at the Olympia Police Range, off of Carpenter. Not too sure if they still do public, but is was a decent facility. No gun rentals or ammo, BYOStuff.

Other than that.. Capitol Forest is my range of choice..

massivedesign

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
I paid 500$ for a brand new G21SF from cascade arms (formerly larrys guns), their customer service is impeccable, and they put up with a lot of dumb questions from myself. In addition, they close @ 7pm, and I called @ ~720 not knowing their hours, and THEY STILL ANSWERED THE PHONE.

I saw you in J&S just last week.. Cheater... lol...

TechnoWeenie

imported post

massivedesign wrote:
Years ago, I used to shoot at the Olympia Police Range, off of Carpenter.  Not too sure if they still do public, but is was a decent facility.  No gun rentals or ammo, BYOStuff.

Other than that.. Capitol Forest is my range of choice..

DNR lists it as public. Oly says its not.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

massivedesign wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

I saw you in J&S just last week.. Cheater... lol...

j&s has cheaper AR stuff... :D

I ordered my free float quad rail + accys from the interwebz.

widowmaker45

imported post

champion arms in kent isnt to bad.. ammo is few and far between but you can bring your own. and targets as well. i used to work there. alot of turnover and guns are not to cheap.. marksman did my father pretty dirty on a gun deal so we have never been back.. bullseye is in tacoma as well not to far.. and there are a feww out door ranges in puyallup one is off canyon the other off meridian not sure on the names.. sorry..

and if im a day late and a dollar shot im sorry . first day as a member.. forgive me

kenshin

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
Overall, great place good prices, wrong people. Just have to put up with employee's who are unknowledgable or rude. Not much different than cabelas employees.

Sounds like bad prices, bad service, bad employees. Sounds like a bad company to do business with....
I've always had great experiences at the Marksman, which is why I will make the longer drive (I live in Gig Harbor) to go see them first when looking for a new gun. I've only had one bad experience from an employee, it was the first time I had seen him and was also the last time. They must have gotten rid of him quick.

compmanio365

imported post

TRAKATAK wrote:
Comp,

What prices are you implying are too high at The Marksman? Sure, some of the ammo might be expensive, but that is a function of the current market, not The Marksman.
Sorry, didn't see your reply until today, wasn't ignoring you. Last time I was in there, it was $12 for the range, plus a one time fee for "training" of $5 or close to it. Plus ammo.....that's a pretty expensive day at the range. And their attitude every time I've been in that business has been downright rude. I'll take my business elsewhere. If you like the place, please, have fun. Maybe I just look funny to them or something.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Last time I was in there, it was $12 for the range, plus a one time fee for "training" of $5 or close to it. Plus ammo.....that's a pretty expensive day at the range. And their attitude every time I've been in that business has been downright rude. I'll take my business elsewhere. If you like the place, please, have fun. Maybe I just look funny to them or something.
How long has it been? Since I've started going there in Sep. 09 it was 10 for the orientation, 10 for rental and 10.50 for range fee. You can bring your own everything or buy theirs, but you have to use their ammo in their guns. I'm not a fan of Bullseye after finding out you have to pay extra to use your own ammo.