• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

For anyone interested

dlnwoody

imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
Last time I was in there, it was $12 for the range, plus a one time fee for "training" of $5 or close to it.  Plus ammo.....that's a pretty expensive day at the range.  And their attitude every time I've been in that business has been downright rude.  I'll take my business elsewhere.  If you like the place, please, have fun.  Maybe I just look funny to them or something.
How long has it been? Since I've started going there in Sep. 09 it was 10 for the orientation, 10 for rental and 10.50 for range fee. You can bring your own everything or buy theirs, but you have to use their ammo in their guns. I'm not a fan of Bullseye after finding out you have to pay extra to use your own ammo.
[/quote] You could always go to Ft Lewis. The last time I went I think it was $5 to shoot all day.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

Yeah but I have to go through all the hassle of registering my firearms with them and they dont allow any fun stuff.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

:cry:

I wanted to go try out handguns today and then finally find out that I cannot rent a handgun or get ammo because I am not 21.....

Federal law eh? Bastards.

kito109654

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
:cry:

I wanted to go try out handguns today and then finally find out that I cannot rent a handgun or get ammo because I am not 21.....

Federal law eh? Bastards.
That is interesting as I rented pistols all the time before I was 21.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

I called Trigger Dr to ask, he said I might be able to, called Champion arms, they said it was illegal, I called Marksmanm they say against federal law....

When you rented, didn't they take your ID?

Trigger Dr

imported post

Champion Arms? Waste of time. As far as legal or not, I think it is a matter of store policy as I said. I know of no state or federal law with that prohibition. They may require the presence of a 21 or older with you.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Yes, with someone 21 and over I am ok. I asked if it was store policy or law, they said law. After I get a good nights rest I will be looking into this more. Every store I been to won't sell handgun ammo to under 21.

amzbrady

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
Yes, with someone 21 and over I am ok. I asked if it was store policy or law, they said law. After I get a good nights rest I will be looking into this more. Every store I been to won't sell handgun ammo to under 21.
Just go with someone over 21,to a range and shoot, I took my son to Marksman, He's 18.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

It just hit me how old you are. You must be like 200 years old amzbrady. ;)

I might go with AyrkXD45 next week. Got to try out his 32rd Mag!

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Just because a store or range guy tells you it's law don't make it so. But since it is their place. Have fun shooting, if you make it up my way we can just go out in the woods. I got a few good spots.